Recalled/Assigned: Official thread - D'Amigo and Liles called up

TheDream

May 3, 2011
Ontario
MOD EDIT - As our cap situation dictates that we'll be seeing a lot of movement between the Marlies and the Leafs, we're going to keep them all in one thread, as opposed to each player getting his own thread every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Exactly what they said on CBC during the Home Opener, "if you play well great for the Marlies, you'll get the next call up. It doesn't matter whether you're were a high draft pick and what not" (Not the exact quote)...

Obviously T.J Brennan deserves a call up too but in terms of circumstance, we can't.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
These AHL players can't complain about not being given an opportunity.

I would like to see more out of Devane, he has been given some good opportunity here to take over Maclaren's spot but he hasn't initiated anything.

As of right now, this is his golden opportunity, especially with Bordeleou lining up for the Avs.

Carlyle loves physical guys, come on son, you are up at bat.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
what if smith gets claimed when we're sending him back down? we'd lose the marlies captain lol

samyy

Apr 14, 2009
what if smith gets claimed when we're sending him back down? we'd lose the marlies captain lol

I don't think its likely at all he gets claimed, he didn't when we sent him down from camp and less likely now that hes captain.

Im assuming he did go to camp and pass through waivers already once :p

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario

Could be wrong, but I think there's a window after a player passes through waivers that they are exempt.

Edit: yep, Jeffler tweeted this earlier:

@Jeffler: Because Smith has already been waived this year, he can be recalled for 10 games or 30 days. See 13.5: http://t.co/wuGMUA4kHt

@Jeffler: Now, with that said, Smith was waived on September 29th, so his 30th day will be October 29th. The Leafs can keep him up for 22 days.

Last edited:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
These AHL players can't complain about not being given an opportunity.

I would like to see more out of Devane, he has been given some good opportunity here to take over Maclaren's spot but he hasn't initiated anything.

As of right now, this is his golden opportunity, especially with Bordeleou lining up for the Avs.

Carlyle loves physical guys, come on son, you are up at bat.

You really want Devane to go up against him so early in his career? I see more from Devane than just some goon, I'd like him to focus more on forechecking, finishing checks, board play, and crashing the net, then stage fighting. If Bordeleau gives him a legit reason to fight then sure why not.

Tyler Biggs*

Would like to see Leivo given a chance if Mclaren is a no go for a while.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You really want Devane to go up against him so early in his career? I see more from Devane than just some goon, I'd like him to focus more on forechecking, finishing checks, board play, and crashing the net, then stage fighting. If Bordeleau gives him a legit reason to fight then sure why not.

Especially when he really hasnt gotten his feet wet fighting NHLers. Not sure its wise to go after arguably the toughest guy in the league. If theres a reason sure, or Devane should go put someone like Duchene or Mackinnon through the boards and give Bordeleau a reason to want to fight him.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Welt his move makes sense. The Ranger/Gardiner pairing has been terrifying and need to get an extra d so someone can sit. Leivo brings some nice skill into the lineup as well which we could use.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I don't know much about Brennan besides that he's put up ridiculous points in his first few games on the Marlies but I hope he plays in place of Ranger.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I hope Broll does what Devane fail to do, play physical and use his size.

I don't understand some players, including Colborne when he was here. If I was given a remote chance to play in the NHL and encouraged to win a spot, I'll block shots, I'll bit, break bones, scream do whatever it took to land a job and be a stand out.

Devane has been a disappointment. I thought he would try to make a mark especially with Maclarent's injury.

Lets see what these calls up can do. Where's Jessie Blacker?

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I hope Broll does what Devane fail to do, play physical and use his size.

I don't understand some players, including Colborne when he was here. If I was given a remote chance to play in the NHL and encouraged to win a spot, I'll block shots, I'll bit, break bones, scream do whatever it took to land a job and be a stand out.

Devane has been a disappointment. I thought he would try to make a mark especially with Maclarent's injury.

Lets see what these calls up can do. Where's Jessie Blacker?

:facepalm:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

And you feel he has done that?

Yes as a matter of fact I would like him to go against the best at any time of the year

You are fooling yourself thinking otherwise. Orr did the same when he broke into the league and that's why he still has a job. Domi did the same, every fighter who plays in the league has done the same.

You have to seize opportunity, unfortunately for Devane he has failed to do so.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I don't know much about Brennan besides that he's put up ridiculous points in his first few games on the Marlies but I hope he plays in place of Ranger.

I think Brennan will surprise. He just needs to be given a legit shot and he could take off.

He's got a killer shot, a shot that's both hard and accurate, and he's a pretty skilled puck mover.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I think Brennan will surprise. He just needs to be given a legit shot and he could take off.

He's got a killer shot, a shot that's both hard and accurate, and he's a pretty skilled puck mover.

Anything but Ranger fiasco. That was just brutal

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
With the way Toronto payed last night, I think it is great we are icing a bunch of different prospects and depth guys. Hopefully they can bring some much needed energy and can make a couple dollars while Kule, Fraser & McLaren recover & Clarkson sits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad