OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Re: podcasts

What are the best hockey shows/bruins/prospect shows?

I’m driving a lot now and want to build up my options.

Listing to morning bagger w patty O’Sullivan and Brad miller. Funny and good.

Thanks
Check out the Black N Gold podcast. not as funny and in your face as say Spittin' Chiclets, but it's dedicated to the Bruins and they talk about current players, prospects, break down games durin the season, and stay connected during the offseason. I like them a lot.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The difference in the numbers is eye opening

Entercom's biggest problem is Dale and Keefe as Rich Keefe has not been a good fit with Dale as Holley was.

Felger is the superstar in the market and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Entercom's biggest problem is Dale and Keefe as Rich Keefe has not been a good fit with Dale as Holley was.

Felger is the superstar in the market and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

I'd actually take that in a different direction and say that when it was Dale and Holley with Keefe, Dale was the odd man out in terms of a lack of chemistry. Holley and Keefe were excellent together. Now it's awful with Keefe and Dale having no chemistry and the third guy in there being Tomase, whom I cannot take seriously after his false Patriots story.

Reactions: Alicat

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Felger has been very entertaining since his Roy Halliday snafu.

Underrated media member to me is Michael Hurley.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I can't believe there are 14 people who still tune in to listen to anything that involves Tony Mazz.

He sucked on EEI 10 years ago (as did Felger) and I can't imagine he grew a brain since he joined the hub.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'd actually take that in a different direction and say that when it was Dale and Holley with Keefe, Dale was the odd man out in terms of a lack of chemistry. Holley and Keefe were excellent together. Now it's awful with Keefe and Dale having no chemistry and the third guy in there being Tomase, whom I cannot take seriously after his false Patriots story.
I agree. Dale was the third wheel.

Reactions: LSCII

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Globe editor did not violate anti-harassment policy, investigators find

Investigators hired by The Boston Globe have concluded that its editor, Brian McGrory, did not violate the company’s anti-harassment policy in personal text exchanges with a former Boston.com writer and editor, the newspaper announced to staff Thursday afternoon.
The former writer and editor, Hilary Sargent, had accused McGrory of sending her inappropriate, sexually suggestive messages, which prompted the Globe to launch the investigation in May.

“While the investigation revealed a series of exchanges and interactions between Mr. McGrory and Ms. Sargent that were of a personal nature, the investigator found that they were initiated by and reciprocated by both parties, and did not violate our anti-harassment policy,” Globe executives said in a letter to staff.

“We have addressed this personnel matter directly with Mr. McGrory, and will not comment further out of respect for the privacy of the individuals involved,” read the note, signed by Claudia Henderson, the Globe’s chief human resources officer, and Dan Krockmalnic, general counsel.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Globe editor did not violate anti-harassment policy, investigators find

Investigators hired by The Boston Globe have concluded that its editor, Brian McGrory, did not violate the company’s anti-harassment policy in personal text exchanges with a former Boston.com writer and editor, the newspaper announced to staff Thursday afternoon.
The former writer and editor, Hilary Sargent, had accused McGrory of sending her inappropriate, sexually suggestive messages, which prompted the Globe to launch the investigation in May.

“While the investigation revealed a series of exchanges and interactions between Mr. McGrory and Ms. Sargent that were of a personal nature, the investigator found that they were initiated by and reciprocated by both parties, and did not violate our anti-harassment policy,” Globe executives said in a letter to staff.

“We have addressed this personnel matter directly with Mr. McGrory, and will not comment further out of respect for the privacy of the individuals involved,” read the note, signed by Claudia Henderson, the Globe’s chief human resources officer, and Dan Krockmalnic, general counsel.

I am completely shocked that investigators hired by The Globe have found no wrong doing by an employee of The Globe.

Are they trying to be funny or think that the general public is that stupid?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
37000383_10215553335999218_1159155013981831168_n.jpg

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
since when was a Boston themed simulcast ever on a national cable channel such as NBCSN, not even Felger and 98.5 COULD PULL THAT OFF, and you still have WFAN simulcasting their shows on CBS'S Cable sports network
It's a f***ing mistype, you knew what I meant.

Stop trying to correct every single thing people say, it's lame.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I am completely shocked that investigators hired by The Globe have found no wrong doing by an employee of The Globe.

Are they trying to be funny or think that the general public is that stupid?

normally I'm all for calling out scumbags like Weinstein, etc...but this isn't one of those cases.

- she never provided the date the text was sent
- she didnt provide any other inappropriate texts or emails from him
- they dated

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
“I am incredibly disappointed by The Boston Globe’s decision to ‘clear’ Brian McGrory,” Hilary Sargent said in the statement released through her lawyer. “I spent more than seven hours with the investigator over the course of two meetings, during which I identified how McGrory has acted inappropriately by text, email, and in person. Since May 20, when I tweeted a text exchange, the Globe has sought to protect itself and its editor and to punish me for speaking out.”

Former Boston.com editor questions investigation - The Boston Globe

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
“I am incredibly disappointed by The Boston Globe’s decision to ‘clear’ Brian McGrory,” Hilary Sargent said in the statement released through her lawyer. “I spent more than seven hours with the investigator over the course of two meetings, during which I identified how McGrory has acted inappropriately by text, email, and in person. Since May 20, when I tweeted a text exchange, the Globe has sought to protect itself and its editor and to punish me for speaking out.”

Former Boston.com editor questions investigation - The Boston Globe
She sounds like a vindictive scorned woman. You don’t get to date a coworker/boss, take part in private conversations and then cry foul when you are dumped. That’s not harassment.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
A lot of assumptions here. I also think you need to read up on it more.
You could very well be correct. I’m just sick and tired of the numerous complaints over bad behavior being turned into criminal acts by the media and extreme left. It’s starting to remind me of the daycare abuse charges of the 80s, most of which were panicked reactions and ended up being false but still ruined lives. There is a difference between being a jerk and being a sexual abuser. As a survivor of actual child sexual abuse, I feel too many don’t know that difference, IMO.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Lester on Boston sports talk radio: 'You can't run from it'

What Lester came to understand while with the Red Sox was the importance of being genuine and accountable. He also clearly believes a good chunk of the analysis emanates from the airwaves of sports radio.

"This isn’t my favorite time of the day. Let’s put it that way. But I don’t mind doing it," said Lester of his media obligations, which included standing in front of his locker answering questions for an hour Tuesday. "I don’t mind talking about baseball. I actually love talking about baseball. But what gets awkward sometimes is talking about yourself. I don’t like talking about myself. I would rather deflect things to the team and make things about the team and what we’re trying to do and what we’re trying to accomplish. Sometimes that can be, I don’t want to say, taken a different way, but I think now I’m obviously a little bit different. I’m more mature. I’m probably more comfortable in my skin. I feel like I’ve done a good job throughout my career whether when I was younger and older to be as thoughtful and answer a question as truthfully as I can. That’s all I can really say. From my time in Boston I tried to do that. I tried to be consistent with it and I tried to continue to do that here in Chicago. Obviously you have some coverage but it’s not the same coverage as in the Northeast. I think our guys do a good job. I think the Boston crew did a good a job. I think what happens a lot of time is talk radio has a lot of time and they talk. They can make things better, and they can make things work. It is what it is. It comes with the territory. There’s nothing you can do. You can’t run from it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad