OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
As long as she wears a white shirt and tie, she'll fit in. Still one of my favs. Hope they take down Jimmy Hayes' Blackhawks sweater, though.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I personally think Chad Finn is an awful sports media critic but it was proven tonight he is a sloppy reporter as well and he was at Dodger Stadium

upload_2018-10-28_3-19-54.png

upload_2018-10-28_3-20-42.png

He makes the same mistake TWICE

The Red Sox rally was in the 7th inning - not the 8th

upload_2018-10-28_3-22-59.png

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
My mother tells a great story about Eire Pub.

In 1975, my mother was a senior at Milton High. Her and a friend went into Eire Pub to solicit them for a donation to sponor the yearbook, not knowing what it really was.

The guy that ran it at the time was so impressed that two 18 year old girls had the gall to walk in there he sponored an add in their yearbook.

That place is a gem. One of the last true bastions of old Boston, for better or worse.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Good piece in the Sunday Globe by Kevin Cullen about the lady bartender, Nicole Eaton, at the Eire Pub.

Nice to have Kevin back. He wrote some great stories from Northern Ireland during the "troubles".

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My mother tells a great story about Eire Pub.

In 1975, my mother was a senior at Milton High. Her and a friend went into Eire Pub to solicit them for a donation to sponor the yearbook, not knowing what it really was.

The guy that ran it at the time was so impressed that two 18 year old girls had the gall to walk in there he sponored an add in their yearbook.

That place is a gem. One of the last true bastions of old Boston, for better or worse.

My uncle was a bartender here for a while. They have excellent sandwiches too.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
what are the fellas back home saying on the radio about the championship did they spin it into a negative yet?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
what are the fellas back home saying on the radio about the championship did they spin it into a negative yet?
I don't know, but I'd bet it sounds like

Felger: WHOOPDIE-DOO, you got a championship in a downyear for the league. Did you see the NL this year? I'll tell you who the MVP should've been: Dave Roberts. Dave Roberts handed you that win, you didn't even need to try.
Mazz: I completely agree, Mike. He thought himself into a box! That lineup was crippled, the Red Sox pitchers didn't need to do anything.
Felger: And one more thing, what's with this narrative of redemption for that JAMOKE David Price? $300 million. $300 million! And you want a pat on the back for DOING YOUR JOB? Give me a break!
Murray: ::Sad David Price impression::
Mazz: I still say he should opt out of that contract this year. Put that money toward a pitcher like JA Happ or Jeremy Hellickson. More reliable.
Felger: I'll tell you what, Red Sox fans. Enjoy your little parade, buy your hats and your bricks, because the Yankees are only getting better. Houston is only getting better. What about when Harper goes to New York? When the Astros sign a closer? Your window is over! O-V-E-R, Over!
Mazz: Dave Dombrowski traded too many prospects and has too much dead money tied up. I see a major hangover next year for this team. I like what the Rays are doing down in Tampa, you might not even make the wild card!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They were very straight forward and gave the Sox full credit for dominating that series and every other series they were in. Gave Cora credit for pulling all the right strings and the starting pitching for stepping up to bridge the gap that was their middle relief pitching. Very complimentary. Very much a positive, including Mazz, which was a shock. They even gave Price his moment in the sun and said he stuck it up everyone's tailpipe, and rightly so. Overall it was very unlike Felger and Mazz, but it was well earned by the team.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
They were very straight forward and gave the Sox full credit for dominating that series and every other series they were in. Gave Cora credit for pulling all the right strings and the starting pitching for stepping up to bridge the gap that was their middle relief pitching. Very complimentary. Very much a positive, including Mazz, which was a shock. They even gave Price his moment in the sun and said he stuck it up everyone's tailpipe, and rightly so. Overall it was very unlike Felger and Mazz, but it was well earned by the team.
Almost makes me wish I could have heard it. Almost.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad