OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
For anyone interested Kirk will be on NESN tonight.

Kirk Luedeke

5m ·
New Englanders with NESN... I will be on that channel’s After Hours program tonight at 11 pm with Sophia Jurkstowicz talking about the Boston Bruins draft & Matty Beniers, who went second overall to the Seattle Kraken. Hope you can tune in- my first television appearance since moving back to Boston area.

Reactions: Alicat

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Holly was the best radio guy in town. Still is and he doesn’t do radio anymore.

Amen.

Dale and Holley (specifically the 1st iteration in the 10-2 slot) was a perfect show.

Also thoroughly enjoyed back then when Dale was out and Michael Smith would fill in with Holley

Reactions: BMC

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
God Felger and Mazz is possibly the worst radio Ive listened too. Haven't listened to them in years ever since i hit a wall with not being able to ignore the shtick because the takes were all about supporting the shtick.

Awful awful awful

Reactions: sarge88

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
A move that people are either going to love or hate. I’ll definitely be in the former if he brings passion and says what’s on his mind. Should have Brooksie on for Rangers games lmao
Agreed. Plus, anyone or anything that helps to keep Barry Melrose off of my TV screen can only be a good thing......

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Parent company Audacy has gone outside the Boston market to find a new leader at sports radio station WEEI, naming Jeff Rickard as brand manager.

Rickard, who will begin Aug. 11, is a longtime sports radio host who most recently had been program director and a morning host on sports station WFNI in Indianapolis. In his new role, he will oversee content operations at WEEI and its radio network.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So NESN is showing the WooSox right now. Hate the nickname but the park looks nice. Anyway, how often do they show them? if them, why not the PBruins? I know, stupid question.

They're on NESN+ a lot, I suppose since one of the Sox owners now owns this franchise. They hardly ever broadcast them when they were in Pawtucket.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They're on NESN+ a lot, I suppose since one of the Sox owners now owns this franchise. They hardly ever broadcast them when they were in Pawtucket.

The Pawsox had a deal with Cox Cable that only allowed NESN a few games a year.

NESN simply takes in the in-house scoreboard feed from the Woosox. It is a great training ground for the next generation of TV production people.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I am currently in negotiations to do Bruins coverage for THW.

If all goes well, I hope to provide a different kind of coverage.

t3dLl0TGHCxTG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad