OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bummer. I've always liked her, I used to read her Globe column all the time back in the day, then watched her on ESPN.

Good luck to her!
Retire from ESPN, maybe not totally?

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Sara Underwood aka Mrs. Michael Felger is leaving Boston 25 to spend time at home before her daughter goes off to college next year.

Love The Wood and wish her nothing but the best.

My first thought on this was, "What? Sara Underwood is old enough to have a college aged daughter? Did she give birth when she was 12?"

So, I looked up her age. She's FIFTY ONE!!!

Holy tap-dancing Baby Jesus.

I'm 46, and I don't look half as young as she does.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not certain where to put this, so I'll put it here.

YouTube has several podcasts per the B's, and here's one I recently discovered. It's pretty good and worth a view in August. I gather Conor Ryan writes for Boston Sports Journal.

Check for the previous cast, in which these two discussed "biggest questions headed into next season."

"Bruins Beat,"

You'd better like this, or I will sic Dan Berkery on you.

Reactions: Gator Mike

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Someone please tell me this story isn't true or is exaggerated.

Highly exaggerated but I'm still worried that the twitter mobs will force him off air or something.

It was a throwaway comment during an interview about how in between throws during camp Cam dances to the music playing instead of focusing. But since Zolak made the mistake of saying "rap music" instead of just music, twitter has decided to throw around its favorite buzzwords like "dogwhistle" and are throwing tantrums over nothing as usual.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Highly exaggerated but I'm still worried that the twitter mobs will force him off air or something.

It was a throwaway comment during an interview about how in between throws during camp Cam dances to the music playing instead of focusing. But since Zolak made the mistake of saying "rap music" instead of just music, twitter has decided to throw around its favorite buzzwords like "dogwhistle" and are throwing tantrums over nothing as usual.

Yep. I watch his show every day basically. If he gets canceled for this it will be a real shame. Sucks for him because he seems to be well liked and have never heard anything close to racist from him. But people, especially outsiders who enjoy the false Boston is racist narrative, will latch on to this and turn it into something it shouldn't be.

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
Zolak is a goof, but I don't think he has a mean-spirited bone in his body.
You can't listen to him and not laugh.
I was listening when he said it and he was perfectly clear in what he was saying. He compared Cam and Mac and how they acted between throws. He specifically said Mac looked like he was there to work.
If the mob comes after him, I hope the station stands behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad