OT: Official Soccer thread

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Just watched the 2nd half of SEA vs LA and what a contrast in style from the NE v NY game...and not for the better. This was like watching paint dry :shakehead Hard to believe this is even the same sport I watched the other night.

I hope the Revs kick the crap out of LA.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Revs will be HUGE underdogs against LA.

On the plus side, they should win the central midfield battle as Nguyen and Jones are a step up from Juninho and Sarvas. Most concerning? Keane and Zardes running the channels against Goncalves and Soares.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Just watched the 2nd half of SEA vs LA and what a contrast in style from the NE v NY game...and not for the better. This was like watching paint dry :shakehead Hard to believe this is even the same sport I watched the other night.

I hope the Revs kick the crap out of LA.

if they do we can sing OLE OLE OLE to LD:laugh:

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Revs will be HUGE underdogs against LA.

On the plus side, they should win the central midfield battle as Nguyen and Jones are a step up from Juninho and Sarvas. Most concerning? Keane and Zardes running the channels against Goncalves and Soares.

The Revs would have been underdogs to either Seattle or LA since they had fewer points than both and this game is a home game for the WC champ. But the Revs with Jermaine Jones in central midfield can beat anyone. Their attacking style is going to give the Galaxy problems, and the Galaxy offensive stars will create issues for the Revs defenders. I could definitely see a 3-2 or even 4-3 final on this one. Revs finally get it done.

Arthur*

Great effort but they just came up short.

At least it's not like that 2005-2007 run where they just got boned by bad luck. The worst was when they lost MLS Cup on a Golden Goal, so the league changed the rules to Sivler Goal and they scored first in extra time the following year and still lost.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Sure looked to me like the referees wanted to give Donovan his victorious farewell send off.

What happened with the non-call on Nguyen in the box when a clear scoring chance was denied?

And then the "hand ball" right outside the Revolution box that was called is never called there unless it is intentional, and if it is intentional it's a card.

Then how the heck do they end the half/game when there was a Revolution free kick to come? I have never seen that. The referees always wait until after the free kick to end the game.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Great season, but a damn shame. I also hate Landon Donovan.

Let him have his MLS moment because God knows he couldn't do squat in upper echelon leagues abroad unlike Dempsey and Howard who excelled abroad in the EPL. Donovan loved being a big fish in a small pond. I say this as an MLS and Revs supporter, I'm not trying to rag on the league, it's taken great steps. Now c'mon Arsenal!!! Should be an intense atmosphere in Istanbul as usual for the game vs Galatasaray today. I'd love to see TD Garden take on more of an atmosphere like Galatasaray home games :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad