Confirmed with Link: Official Schedule Thread (Released: Opener in Boston 1/19)

Jan 8, 2012
NY
In gonna bet we get the Devils 5X

Gonna guess: NYR-PHI x 5
NYR-NJD x 5
NYR-NYI x 4
NYR-PIT x 4
We know PHI-PIT x 5
PIT-NYI x 5
NJD-NYI x 5

Hope that we play the Habs only once in Montreal, 2X in MSG. Tired of ******** the bed against them at Bell.

SupersonicMonkey*

Pens and the Rangers are clearly the class of the East...I could see Boston finishing with the Presidents trophy though. We're better....but they have a horrendous division to play against.

I can see the Bruins winning the East simply because their division is garbage compared to the Atlantic. The Bruins have a lot of easy wins coming this season. The Rangers have to fight against the Penguins and Flyers.

Short schedule, but this is going to be a hellish season for any Atlantic Division team. If we win it, no one can dare say we didn't deserve it. 48 games regardless.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
How so? The Penguins will play 2 teams 5 times, the Flyers are one of them.

If we played Pittsburgh and Philly 5 times, the NJD and Isles would play each other six times as the NYR, PIT and PHI would already have their 2 "extra" games booked.

Thus, our other "extra" game must be against the NJD or NYI.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Islanders who just plain suck.

It's amazing how with so many top picks, they still have so many holes.

- They had five straight top-5 picks.

- Two firsts in 2009.

- Three seconds in 2008.

- #7 in 2006 and 13 picks total that draft.

- In 2000 they had not one, but two top-5 picks, including #1 overall.

- FOUR (!) first rounders in 1999, 3 of which were in the top-10.

- #9 in 1998.

- Again, two top-5 picks in 1997.

- #3 overall in 1996.

- #2 overall in 1995.

All these players should still be playing in the NHL. That's a full dozen top-5 picks and 3 more between #6 and #9.

Prior to this, they had top-10 picks in 5 of 6 drafts between 1989 and 1994. They aren't expected to still be playing, but should've been helpful in the recent past. Such a plethora of top picks and yet no results.

You would think that if they just followed THN and drafted people that way without signing anyone, they would've already filled up their lineup. But there are still massive gaps.

1) The defense has major holes and they need pretty much every decent prospect to make the NHL to fill those holes, which is not possible because some prospects always bust.

2) Goaltending is totally busted.

3) Even the forwards are not great. On the RW are two average players: Okposo and Grabner, then nothing. Moulson is a good LW and they better hope either Strome or Nino develops into a top-6 guy. Centers (Tavares, Nielsen, Bailey) are ok, but not spectacular after Tavares.

The reality is that they need another two years of sucking to draft another RW in the top-5 and another D in the top-5. That or completely collapsing and pulling a first overall so they could add a star. Then they'd still need to acquire a goalie.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom
Bruins to open lockout-shortened season on Jan. 19 versus the N.Y. Rangers at TD Garden. Details to come.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The NHL has informed the Bruins that they will open the season Jan. 19 at TD Garden against the New York Rangers, according to a team source. It will likely be a 7 p.m. start, although that time could change.

It’s possible the Bruins could begin the season with a multigame homestand. The Celtics will not play at home until Jan. 24. The Bruins were originally scheduled to play Toronto Jan. 21. That matchup could stay the same in the revised 48-game schedule.

If the NHL doesn’t make any last-minute schedule changes, the season opener will feature two Original Six teams. Last season, the Rangers lost to New Jersey in the Eastern Conference finals. On July 23, 2012, the Rangers pulled off one of the summer’s biggest blockbusters, acquiring power forward Rick Nash from the Blue Jackets, with Brandon Dubinsky and a 2013 first-rounder being the most significant pieces going to Columbus.

Nash will complement an existing core that includes goalie Henrik Lundqvist, defensemen Dan Girardi and Marc Staal, and captain Ryan Callahan.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/01/bruins_to_open_4.html

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Can we just get a full schedule already? I'll be in Ireland on the 19th. Hope my hotel has wifi!

Although I don't have good luck when watching games abroad. Game 6 last year...:cry:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Hope not don't want to miss Pats/Broncos.

Just makes the most sense since Jan 21st is booked and I don't think they're waiting until the 22nd to open up at home in a condensed schedule. Plus there's a lot of open dates in the following week so I could see a decent homestand there.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Just makes the most sense since Jan 21st is booked and I don't think they're waiting until the 22nd to open up at home in a condensed schedule. Plus there's a lot of open dates in the following week so I could see a decent homestand there.

They could maybe play at MSG on the 21st. Knicks play at 3:30. Figure the game ends at 6. Tight squeeze. Could they remove the basketball court for a 7:30 puck drop?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
They could maybe play at MSG on the 21st. Knicks play at 3:30. Figure the game ends at 6. Tight squeeze. Could they remove the basketball court for a 7:30 puck drop?

Way too tight of a squeeze. Gates open an hour before the game and warmups are a half hour before so that gives them an hour window to clean the entire arena, switch all the merchandise inside the arena, rip up the floor, zamboni the ice, etc.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I just got a message from ESPN that the Rangers will open in Boston on January 19th.

Oh well, not the end of the world. So the question is when will the home opener be? Hoping it's on the 20th as per NYRFAN218's feeling. Would be nice. Could be a night game as Monday is a holiday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad