Confirmed with Link: Official Schedule Thread (Released: Opener in Boston 1/19)

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/read-how-the-48-game-schedule-breaks-down/

Looks like we get 5 games against two Atlantic opponents, 4 games against the other two, and 3 against the rest of the East.

30 games against the Northeast and Southeast? Awesome. Just awesome. Honestly, they should dominate those divisions. 26-11-3 last year against those two... but that was pretty much dominance against the Southeast and mediocrity against the Northeast. Let's just pray that we get 2 home, 1 away against Montreal. The bi-annual Quebecois beatdowns are getting old.

EDIT: Official schedule http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=nyr

Last edited by a moderator:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Awesome. I heard that it was 7 against each division rival. That would have been unfair in our difficult division.

Not really anymore though. Debbies are without their best player. Brodeur is coming off rust and a year older. Philly is in a wreck with long term injuries without a captain and with a shaky goaltender and minus Jagr and with an even worse defense. Isles are the isles. Last year it a debate between us and central but this year, it's hard to make the same case EXCEPT for NYR.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
kind of lame that you play your own division an uneven amount. i guess they really wanted that 50 game schedule.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not really anymore though. Debbies are without their best player. Brodeur is coming off rust and a year older. Philly is in a wreck with long term injuries without a captain and with a shaky goaltender and minus Jagr and with an even worse defense. Isles are the isles. Last year it a debate between us and central but this year, it's hard to make the same case EXCEPT for NYR.

I'd shoot myself if we had to play the Pens 7 times though.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I would much rather have the other format. The Rangers would thrive playing their rivals 7x each

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Awesome. I heard that it was 7 against each division rival. That would have been unfair in our difficult division.

Yeah that would have been ridiculous being as that we only would have played 6 games against each team during a full 82 game season.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Pens and the Rangers are clearly the class of the East...I could see Boston finishing with the Presidents trophy though. We're better....but they have a horrendous division to play against.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I really don't like how it's 18 games versus the division.

Watch the 5 games be against the Penguins and Devils, while the 4 games will be against the Flyers, who we owned last year, and the Islanders who just plain suck.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Isles always play us tough. In this league there aren't really easy and hard games, unless you're playing against Pittsburgh.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Regardless of who they draw from the Atlantic this schedule could favor the Rangers, big time. Obviously the Western Conference is the far superior conference in terms of depth with the Kings, Canucks, Blues, Predators, Red Wings and even the Coyotes with the addition of the revamped Wild. After the Flyers and Penguins, I don't see a team in the same field as the Rangers. Shouldn't have a problem against the weak Southeast and Rangers had the Northeast's number. Would prefer to face Devs and Isles 5x as opposed to the Pens or Flyers, but that would be nit-picking.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
uneven number of games in the division is odd BUT outside of 1st place in the division you are competing for playoff spots equally with teams in the other 2 divisions as your own so the 3 vs 4/5 split is alot more balanced and fair than a 7/2 split.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Looks like 5 vs Flyers

@JohnBorukCSN It appears Flyers will play PIT & NYR 5x, NJD & NYI 4x & remaining 30 games vs. rest of the East.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
How so? The Penguins will play 2 teams 5 times, the Flyers are one of them.

Devils and isles have to play 5 games against two opponents also. They'll play each other five times, but that means two other teams playing one of them each five times also. With Philly out, Rangers and Pens have to play one of them five times. Thus we play Philly and one of the devils or isles five times and can only play the pens four times.

I'd guess we play the Devils five times. It's the bigger rivalry right now and isles and Pens have built some kind of a rivalry as well after that fight game a year (or is it two already?) back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad