Recalled/Assigned: Official Recalled/Assigned Thread

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Maybe call up Formenton and Logan Brown up too?

Is Zub in the lineup for tonight?
Formenton and Brown won't get called up until the road trip ends. If they got called up now they would be forced to go through 1 week of quarantine. Given that they are still training in Ottawa when the Sens return home they should be able to call up whoever and the players won't require a quarantine period.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Formenton and Brown won't get called up until the road trip ends. If they got called up now they would be forced to go through 1 week of quarantine. Given that they are still training in Ottawa when the Sens return home they should be able to call up whoever and the players won't require a quarantine period.
My read on the rule is that it’s a 7 day quarantine for anyone added to taxi squad or roster unless they are coming from outside Canada which is then 14 day.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why would they not require the quarentine to join the bubble when in ottawa but require it if they join in a province that doesn't currently require you to quarantine unless you come from outside canada? If they were in Belleville instead of Ottawa would they have to quarantine to join the bubble?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Hopefully Chlapik gets some game time soon.

So we just have 6 D on the roster right now. Reilly is playing tonight.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Raze The Stray

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

The road trip sorta ends Feb 2 when I assume they will fly back to Ottawa before Feb 4th in Montreal. Either way it’s easy to meet the team in Montreal Feb 3 or Feb 4.

Splitting hairs a bit, but if the Sens started the Q now Brann/Brown/Form could be eligible for the Feb 4 game in Montreal.

If that’s two aggressive it would also give them a few days of practice with the team before Feb 6 at home.

I don’t really see how an AHL season plays into this other than March callups.

Reactions: GCK

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Why would they not require the quarentine to join the bubble when in ottawa but require it if they join in a province that doesn't currently require you to quarantine unless you come from outside canada? If they were in Belleville instead of Ottawa would they have to quarantine to join the bubble?

Based on that tweet the requirement is for players to go through a 7 day quarantine period to get called up to the taxi squad. My assumption is that because the B Sens players are currently practicing out of Ottawa that they might be able to avoid that period if they get recalled while the main team is in Ottawa. Given the fact that the Sens are currently out of province that might force the B Sens players to have to go through a quarantine period to join the team. That is what happened for training camp when players like Sokolov and Stützle were in Canada and were still forced to go through the quarantine period before taking part in training camp. Sokolov completed his before the start of early camp and Stützle ended up missing a good chunk of camp because of it.

If the B Sens were in Belleville then they might still need to go through the 1 week quarantine period before joining the taxi squad. With them still in Ottawa and follow the covid protocols of the big club maybe they don't need the quarantine period.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They require a quarantine either way

The taxi squad is in the NHL bubble, if you're on the AHL side you're in the AHL bubble, you'd need to enter the NHL bubble, which requires a quarantine

That's how I've understood it at least

Reactions: RAFI BOMB and GCK

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'll give Dorion the benefit of the doubt here and assume he understood the rules around the taxi squad and quarantine. But why did he think it best just to sit all those prospects in Ottawa for so long instead of taking some on the road trip? Formenton, Brown and Brannstrom could have easily got in a game or two here instead of bringing around Zub, Aspirot, Peca etc.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I would assume they would Q from the NHL bubble - they should be able to do that from Ottawa.
You're not in the NHL bubble until you're on an NHL roster/camp or the Taxi squad, those sent to the AHL were removed from the NHL bubble and put in the AHL bubble

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You're not in the NHL bubble until you're on an NHL roster/camp or the Taxi squad, those sent to the AHL were removed from the NHL bubble and put in the AHL bubble
You may need to do the 7 day quarantine in advance of being added to the taxi squad to avoid being forced to only have 28 players available.

Reactions: BondraTime

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You may need to do the 7 day quarantine in advance of being added to the taxi squad to avoid being forced to only have 28 players available.
That makes sense, I was under the understanding it began once being called up to the Taxi, but would make sense for them to be started now with no AHL, though I'm sure it would be needed to be sanctioned by the NHL. Would have assumed it would need to be registered, and would be widely reported.

Hard to see that being the case as it's unable to happen during the seasons, will always result in there being a shortage in either the AHL or Taxi/NHL

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yes. Return to play rule.
I think I'm asking about something different. IIRC the return to play was for players coming into Canada being able to bypass the 14 day quarantine for training camps.

I'm asking about the 7 day q for taxi squad players. The return to play rules were a one time thing, I believe. Like I dont think Dubois will be eligible for the full 14 days. Just wasn't sure how the 7 day for taxi squad players works.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think I'm asking about something different. IIRC the return to play was for players coming into Canada being able to bypass the 14 day quarantine for training camps.

I'm asking about the 7 day q for taxi squad players. The return to play rules were a one time thing, I believe. Like I dont think Dubois will be eligible for the full 14 days. Just wasn't sure how the 7 day for taxi squad players works.

Pretty sure its 7 days for them too.. I have not found a crystal clear source.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad