Prospect Info: Official Prospect Camp Thread

91Kadri91*

:facepalm:

Eichel was drafted THIS YEAR, in the SAME DRAFT as Bracco, and played in the NCAA.

You are comparing Bracco's stats in the DP THIS YEAR to Eichel's stats a YEAR AGO.

Capisce? :loony:

Eichel has a late birthday. He's, technically, had an extra year of development at this point.

Obviously Eichel (and Marner for that matter) is a significantly better prospect, but his point (one of them, at least) isn't crazy.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
:facepalm:

Eichel was drafted THIS YEAR, in the SAME DRAFT as Bracco, and played in the NCAA.

You are comparing Bracco's stats in the DP THIS YEAR to Eichel's stats a YEAR AGO.

Capisce? :loony:

Yeah I don't think you understand that if a player has a late birthday (I believe past September 15), that player gets an extra year of development because he's not eligible for the NHL draft yet. Eichel graduated from the USNTDP at the same time as Sonny Milano, but because his bday is past the cutoff date, he got to go to University in his draft year.

Bracco is basically entering the same part of his career as Eichel was a year ago, just he's drafted because he has a birthday before September 15.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Saying Bracco is even close to as good as mariner is absolutely ridiculous. Marners draft year outproduced Taveres/Stamkos/Hall/MacKinnon/every first overall since 2008 (Kane had ridiculous numbers in 07 and obviously McDavid outproduced him this year). Marner outproduced these guys not only in terms of raw scoring but in terms of scoring adjusted for league goals/game. I have hockeystreams and got to watch quite a bit of Marner this year.. Obviously the board knows he's good, but he's better than most give him credit for.

Tavares actually had better OHL career than McDavid up to his draft year, and had better stats than Marner 2 years before his draft. In his draft year he was traded and had better pace in London than Marner this year. But yes, Marner's nubmers are very impressive. Had he been bigger, would have been a 1st overall in majority of drafts.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Bracco is basically entering the same part of his career as Eichel was a year ago, just he's drafted because he has a birthday before September 15.

Bracco is like four months younger than Eichel, not a year. OP was trying to compare their accomplishments as though they were the same age when Eichel was 8 months younger. Totally disingenuous.

hockey38

Jun 16, 2014
Bracco is like four months younger than Eichel, not a year. OP was trying to compare their accomplishments as though they were the same age when Eichel was 8 months younger. Totally disingenuous.

Semantics (irony anyone?)-

That's the way hockey works - you play in your birth year. The draft is the only place that uses 9/15 to separate players. Eichel was probably one of the oldest players in this years draft.

I was not comparing braccos stats to eichels - only using eichels performance at ntdp to refute your Milano example.

You can have your opinion. I will have mine. We shall see in 3-4 yrs.

And for the record - Eichel closer to five months older than Bracco.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Timashov and Dzierkals in on the 2-on-1. Boy do these guys have speed.

Timashov and Vesey looking good. Using lots of speed on the attack and being able to hold on to it.

Nielsen looking decent defending the 2-on-1.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Dzierkals looked really good in his clip from the same channel as well. Timoshev really looks good on 2 on 2 drill with Vesey - very fast.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Dzierkals looked really good in his clip from the same channel as well. Timoshev really looks good on 2 on 2 drill with Vesey - very fast.

I was surprised by that, wasn't a knock on Timashov that he wasn't very fast? He seems very quick, and very shifty on his blades.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
One of the fastest players in the draft imo he's just on the smaller end

Tima looked like he had Marner's speed - not top end straight-line but effective in his decisions and edges...

...Dzierkals is a Tasmanian Devil out there.

south of the border

Aug 31, 2012
Anyone in attendance notice how Vail looked?
We watched him a bit in Orlando last year and as the season progressed, he became one of the best players, hope he keeps going.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yup. Not unlike Finn, whose straightaway speed is fine but suffers from a subpar first few strides.

Finn had a rough time side to side, turning and backwards skating, wonder how that improved?

mikebel111*

Finn had a rough time side to side, turning and backwards skating, wonder how that improved?

His issues at times were technique that was holding him back. Heck I though skating backwards he was okay, but really turning was an issue, His top end speed is alright, but as 7even mentioned, his strides are an issue. Finn mentioned he is working hard on his skating this summer

He is quite the opposite of Percy. who has some good strides and turning, good skater, but has average speed which hurts him sometimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad