Prospect Info: Official Prospect Camp Thread

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
By your logic Eichel would only be an 80 or scorer in the O too.

Yes. *At age 16-17*. Even McDavid only scored 99 points at that age. You're forgetting that Eichel left the USDP to go to college a year ahead of Bracco.

Check back with me in 3 years.

Sure, I predict at that time Marner will have established himself as one of the young stars in the NHL, while Bracco will just be cracking the Leafs lineup if his development goes well. I think Bracco is a first round level talent with fantastic upside, but he's not at Marner's level.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
By your logic Eichel would only be an 80 or scorer in the O too.

I believe Bracco way undervalued.

Check back with me in 3 years.
I don't think that's going to be necessary. You are insinuating that Bracco is the 4th best prospect in one of the best drafts in years....not going to be hard for you to lose this one.

Even the Leafs don't think Bracco is that godly good. Or they would have taken him at 24 and said "forget the extra picks, franchise player ahead!"

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
You guys may not know it yet but Bracco is as good as Marner.

You will see.

That's good since we have them both.
A line of 1 Marner + 1 Bracco = good for us.
And then there is also some guy named Nylander.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Nice.

From the highlights Bracco seems like a Jeff Skinner type of player tbh. Just the way he moves around the ice with the puck.

Talk about synchronicity, all this recent debate about Bracco and he ends up being the total stand out in that video (offensively, at least).

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I don't think that's going to be necessary. You are insinuating that Bracco is the 4th best prospect in one of the best drafts in years....not going to be hard for you to lose this one.

Even the Leafs don't think Bracco is that godly good. Or they would have taken him at 24 and said "forget the extra picks, franchise player ahead!"

Bracco is one of the best prospects the Leafs have drafted in years. You got a taste there in the videos today. Wait tip he comes out of the NCAA a physically ready player as well a the obvious skills he already has.

Not sure why you guys are arguing about this anyway. Who cares who's better than who - I hope they are all as good as each other and they dominate.

Getting angry cause someone says he's better than Marner is just stupid - relax they are both great prospects. Enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Bracco is one of the best prospects the Leafs have drafted in years. You got a taste there in the videos today. Wait tip he comes out of the NCAA a physically ready player as well a the obvious skills he already has.

Not sure why you guys are arguing about this anyway. Who cares who's better than who - I hope they are all as good as each other and they dominate.

Getting angry cause some goof says he's better than Marner is just stupid - relax they are both great prospects. Enjoy it.

Well said. Ever since the Strome vs. Marner debate subsided, I think we're all looking for something else to disagree on. Human nature, I guess.

On a side note, both Mitch and Bracco need to hit the gym. They still need a lot more physical development. Hopefully, they both pull a Nylander this year.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I was just talking to my friend who is a bouncer at Rusty's which is a bar at Blue Mountain. He said a bunch of the leafs prospects were there and pretty well behaved. But then he said he saw Connor Mcdavid standing the middle of the dance floor and he thought to himself "that guy is not 19". Gave him the boot. :laugh: :laugh: Said he was very polite though but was hilarious.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Lol. Thanks for cleaning up my post Mess - all good! :nod:

I noticed how agile Dzierkals was with the puck out there too. Impressed by Miller on defence too. Hyman looks solid.

Nice to finally see a bunch of these guys on the ice in a scrimmage.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
You guys may not know it yet but Bracco is as good as Marner.

You will see.

Saying Bracco is even close to as good as mariner is absolutely ridiculous. Marners draft year outproduced Taveres/Stamkos/Hall/MacKinnon/every first overall since 2008 (Kane had ridiculous numbers in 07 and obviously McDavid outproduced him this year). Marner outproduced these guys not only in terms of raw scoring but in terms of scoring adjusted for league goals/game. I have hockeystreams and got to watch quite a bit of Marner this year.. Obviously the board knows he's good, but he's better than most give him credit for.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Yes. *At age 16-17*. Even McDavid only scored 99 points at that age. You're forgetting that Eichel left the USDP to go to college a year ahead of Bracco.

Sure, I predict at that time Marner will have established himself as one of the young stars in the NHL, while Bracco will just be cracking the Leafs lineup if his development goes well. I think Bracco is a first round level talent with fantastic upside, but he's not at Marner's level.

This is a classic case of expectations and putting the cart a head of the horse. Both lads are extremely talented and have a lot of work to do before we could proclaim either an NHL regular let alone stars.

The upside of both of these kids is the sky is the limit. It's up to the organization to not place limitations & pigeon whole there talents like the way of the past. Development is the key for both guys. Where they were drafted is irrelivent in the big picture. I'm sure glad we have both though.

Marner I see more P. Kane than Gilmour. People forget just how nasty of a player Gilmour was. The closes thing to a Gilmour in the respect of talent + edge is the hated Kadri.

Bracco I see a lot of Martin St. Louis. Judging by that photo with Marner and I believe Baily in the middle just looking at his legs especially the bone structure of his shin, ankle area how thick it is and his dad how thick of a man he is. If he puts the work in develop physically I agree with hockey38 that don't be shocked he ends up as good as Marner does.

Why does that have to be something to be combative with? This is what the draft is all about find talent develop talent. Who really cares in the end who is better, or as good and Blah! Blah! Blah!.

Exiting times to be a Leaf fan when the organization focus on drafting natural talent over all things. Your not leaving yourself to top 5 picks to find talent when it's been proven that you could find stars in all the rounds.

Draft is crapshoot of hype. It's how development go's after the draft that matters and it's where things change drastically. We could very well be looking at a Nashville situation with these 2 with the difference it's forwards we're developing where it was D men who Nashville developed. Suter was there 1st round pick going 7th overall while Weber in the same draft was there 2nd round pick going 49 overall.

Who's better between those 2?

These are young prospects to be excited about get your :popcorn: and enjoy the show of there development because the sky is the limit for both.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I was just talking to my friend who is a bouncer at Rusty's which is a bar at Blue Mountain. He said a bunch of the leafs prospects were there and pretty well behaved. But then he said he saw Connor Mcdavid standing the middle of the dance floor and he thought to himself "that guy is not 19". Gave him the boot. :laugh: :laugh: Said he was very polite though but was hilarious.

That's classic!

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

Man, McDavid really really wants to be a Leaf.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Didn't know we invited the goalie Peressini from Kingston to camp. Anybody here know much about him or how he has done at camp?

hockey38

Jun 16, 2014

Eichel did not leave the ntdp early.

He is a late 96 birthday and entered the same year as Milano.

He and Bracco both played two year in the program and btw, Bracco finished with more career points.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
All I know is that he was #1 in the O this year.

If he continues, sign him.

I have a feeling he'll get an AHL contract at least next year from us. I don't know how much of an NHLer he'll be, but at the very least he'll be a replacement for when one of our goalies graduate next year.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

I saw Doughty and Perry there last weekend. Must be a popular bar for NHL players.

Apparently Stoll was there too, but is he even an NHL player anymore?

I wonder what Connor McDavid's fake ID was like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad