OT: Official Playoff Avatar Request/Discussion Thread

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd love some boulevard wheat, they don't sell it anywhere within two hours of me, but in all seriousness, I appreciate the positive support. It's really not too much an imposition.

It's certainly much appreciated. If you're ever in St. Louis, I'd bring that case lol. Oh, and I just saw your new avatar. For the second day in a row, you've got me spitting water out at a picture.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Just post em here and ill throw it together.

Thanks, Ky. I had planned on using this last year, but couldn't get it to the correct file size. I'm kind of computer illiterate.

Edit: Feel free to add anything you want. I trust your judgement.

Last edited:

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Thanks, Ky. I had planned on using this last year, but couldn't get it to the correct file size. I'm kind of computer illiterate.

http://imgur.com/CspVjKT

http://imgur.com/jf3puxx

http://imgur.com/6EB24xe

Edit: Feel free to add anything you want. I trust your judgement.

52qqZBg.gif
HQZJTkB.gif

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Awesome! I really appreciate it...I couldn't get the file size low enough for the life of me. :laugh:

TuukYou14

Pro: Forum Lurking
Aug 6, 2009
Saint Louis
4012856.jpg

"Goal Face" or "Act Like You've Been There Before"...
Trying to come up with something that fits the pyramid better, lengthwise.

-basically a play on not celebrating after a goal

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Thanks for the Beef on the Bun avatar. I haven't been that active for a few days, so missed that you'd made them Kentucky.

I have the 150 pixel size avatar available to me, but I thought the smaller one actually looked better. I'm confused why that might be the case, since more memory is available, but the picture was distorted and harder to discern. If anyone has a suggestion how to address that, I'm all ears.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Thanks for the Beef on the Bun avatar. I haven't been that active for a few days, so missed that you'd made them Kentucky.

I have the 150 pixel size avatar available to me, but I thought the smaller one actually looked better. I'm confused why that might be the case, since more memory is available, but the picture was distorted and harder to discern. If anyone has a suggestion how to address that, I'm all ears.

I'll take a look at it, and get back to you.

Another option would be the beef on the bun one that is the shorter version.

Here is another run at it:
zPhQNKX.gif
eb8GyJY.gif

And the short version with better resolution
kKCz0Ic.gif
5OsJf9f.gif

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm switching to that shorter 150 pixel one. Thanks for taking your time to make these for us.

The theme comes together well. I like that this year's avatars are more referential to details of the hockey team than the past couple (and less referential to pop culture). This is the year to get serious!

Three cheers for Note in Ky!

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I love this one but, is there a way to get this one not so grainy? :yo:

Sorry, you can only make it 20 kb for 125 pixel or 25kb for 150 pixel avatars which severely limits resolution when you insert a gif also.

Best I can do is use a still from the gif like this:

y4amGhg.gif
keHA4kc.gif

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Sorry, you can only make it 20 kb for 125 pixel or 25kb for 150 pixel avatars which severely limits resolution when you insert a gif also.

Best I can do is use a still from the gif like this:

y4amGhg.gif
keHA4kc.gif

Ahhh. Thanks anyway! good job on it, i really like it!:handclap:

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Hey, I'm a Flames fan but I'll be rooting hard for JayBo in the playoffs, also my best friends' nephew is Alex Pietrangelo. Could you make me one with

cody-hodgson-jay-bouwmeester-2009-9-26-23-12-6.jpg

With a caption that says "ON BOARD FOR JAYBO

Thanks

EDIT: I'll just take the JayBo sucker punch

Last edited:

tvillewr4

Jan 2, 2012
Illinois
hey guys, i have been reduced to only looking for the last year or so. this thread has been a good laugh. when the pyramid was first rolled out this year, i was amazed. Great job The Note in KY!!!

i just wanted to post a suggestion, but by no means will i use it myself

Berglunds swing a miss from that edmonton game earlier this year, tagline teach me how to dougie (or perhaps a different line from that song as the first one you ceated is pure gold) or something funny "2013 Playoffs in Review" or a play on hitchcocks fundamental hockey.. or anything else someone could come up with

Lets Go BLUES!!!

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Can I get a

Some sort of catchy/funny line
Elliot in a Sens jersey
Elliot in a Blues jersey
Stanley Cup Bandwagon

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
Can I get a

Some sort of catchy/funny line
Elliot in a Sens jersey
Elliot in a Blues jersey
Stanley Cup Bandwagon

A good line would be something about how he is a moose caller. "Calling all fans" with a picture of a moose or something along those lines.

-side note, I mayyy have found a place that will let me ship you a case of Boulevard Ky. It's over the phone only, just gotta check how much shipping is. :naughty:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Jets fan here: I've always had a soft spot for the Blues. I'm sure I'll learn to hate 'em at some point now that the Jets are in the same division, but until then, I'm bandwagon'ing!

Cooked up this avvy today: Go Blues!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad