*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I was wondering if anyone was able to go to the game this afternoon could give me a scouting report on how brandon saigeon played today.
Thanks in advance

Personally I was unimpressed... I was looking for him out there and was expecting some big things... But he was invisible. With that in mind... It was his first game so I will reserve judgement. Candella, Hanley and Hicks all played well.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Personally I was unimpressed... I was looking for him out there and was expecting some big things... But he was invisible. With that in mind... It was his first game so I will reserve judgement. Candella, Hanley and Hicks all played well.

This is Saigeon's game. I wasn't a huge fan of him last year but he does have the ability to dominate a game with highlight reel stuff. He just needs to do it more consistently. His development will need to be a patient one IMO. Not unlike most young players ;) He certainly has some mesmerizing skills though so it'll be fun to track his progress.

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
As of right now the Petes roster looks something like this....

Ritchie-Garlent-Cornel
Betzold-Clarke-MacDonald
Lorentz-Stefano-Nosad
Coyle-Ang-McCartney

Timleck/Maguire/Ulett

(11 returnee's plus first rounder in top 12)

Masin-Spencer
Boland-Vladimirov
Varga-Lizotte
Timms

McKinnon/Robinson/Burnett

Wells
Smith

Da Silva

Is Maguire likely to be traded?

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
The Pets have several options for moves including unloading an overager (likely Devlin but an argument can be made for an OA forward to be moved). The Petes are most in need at goalie where they don't have a legit starter. The top goalie might be a 16 year old (Wells) at this point.

The Petes have too many forwards and can choose to unload any one of Maguire, Nosad or one of the OAs Clarke or MAcDonald. We have Coyle chomping at the bit for a fair shake at the 4th line and Ang who will definitley start as a top 12 forward maybe top 9.

So the Petes could trade some decent talent for a goalie if the opportunity arises. I would like to keep Maguire and unload Nosad and an OA (Devlin or Clarke). Boland is the Captain and MacDonald is a natural scorer.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The Pets have several options for moves including unloading an overager (likely Devlin but an argument can be made for an OA forward to be moved). The Petes are most in need at goalie where they don't have a legit starter. The top goalie might be a 16 year old (Wells) at this point.

The Petes have too many forwards and can choose to unload any one of Maguire, Nosad or one of the OAs Clarke or MAcDonald. We have Coyle chomping at the bit for a fair shake at the 4th line and Ang who will definitley start as a top 12 forward maybe top 9.

So the Petes could trade some decent talent for a goalie if the opportunity arises. I would like to keep Maguire and unload Nosad and an OA (Devlin or Clarke). Boland is the Captain and MacDonald is a natural scorer.

I agree, I'd like to see Devlin and Nosad moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad