OFFICIAL PANIC THREAD - 2013/14 Season... now with 2014/15 Goodness!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The more I think about it, the more I'm okay with any situation. If Ryan re-signs, awesome, start adding pieces and become a decent playoff team who can surprise some people. If not, change of plan, trade him for futures and embrace a new rebuild. A high pick in this draft plus whatever futures Ryan returns would be amazing long term. We still have Karlsson, Turris, and MacArthur locked long term and a few extremely promising rfas. If we add McDavid or Eichel and wait on the development of a couple other guys (Ceci, Cowen, Puempel, Zibby, Lazar etc) we could be L.A. good in 3 or 4 years.

That of course depends on Murray getting something for Ryan before it's too late and not trying to patch the hole he leaves with over the hill plugs.

Why do people always think we are going to end up with the #1 overall pick if we trade Ryan? We didn't get the 1st overall pick when we traded Spezza like so many thought was possible. I realize Ryan could be a valuable asset but I doubt Ryan will want to be traded to a team who was so bad they are a high lottery pick. If that is the case wouldn't he just stay here where we might be a better team with more potential to make the playoffs. I would think he would want to go to a team that is a Stanley Cup contender or close, maybe he wants to go to Minny where it seems everybody wants to go these days & join Parise, Suter & Vanek. Vancouver could use him with the twins but somehow I doubt he will stay in Canada, if he gets traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad