OFFICIAL PANIC THREAD - 2013/14 Season... now with 2014/15 Goodness!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I didn't even watch the rookie game, but I've read enough in this thread to convince me that (________) needs to go. I've had enough of his BS. I'm done with this team if he's still with this org by this time next week.

Typical (________). We'll never be a contender until he's gone.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I didn't even watch the rookie game, but I've read enough in this thread to convince me that (________) needs to go. I've had enough of his BS. I'm done with this team if he's still with this org by this time next week.

Typical (________). We'll never be a contender until he's gone.

:shakehead

Don't know how you can say that with a straight face. (________) played ten minutes on the bottom line, and did you see who he was playing with? Plus (________) was matched against the other team's best players all game long. It's only one game. (________) will bounce back.

(******), on the other hand. My god, what a bum.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Beautiful start to the Morning:clap: very well played.

Leafs are the target today. Lets see if Richardson tinkers with the combinations.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We lost to the Islanders twice in one day.

Season is officially over. Oh well. McDavid or Eichel will look good in a Sens jersey.

SenatorArmy*

Losing to the Islanders twice in one day is a new milestone for this franchise. Most teams can't even lose to the Islanders twice in one season. Once again this organization has opened our eyes to what many once believed was impossible.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Preparing for the worst - Dropping Bobby like he's hot

I'm about 50/50 on this. May need to happen, may need to happen sooner rather than later and preferably at a point where Ryan has proven some trade worth.

What's it gonna take to satisfy you?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I'd say the worst is Ryan and Methot.

Two guys I would be very interested in are Tarasenko on the expensive side, or on the cheaper side Klefbaum.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Meh....we can jump off that bridge if we get to it.

A deal should get done for both guys soon. I don't see management suddenly being stupid enough to let those guys dangle for too long.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
There's no harm holding onto him for a month or 2.

If he goes out and lights it up, his trade value goes up.
There's also the chance that he does sign an extension if he finds himself enjoying his role.

I'd be fine with something like the Spezza deal.

Some combination of 1st Rd Pick + Prospect, or young top 6 Forward + 2nd.

Ex:

Tampa 2015 1st + Adam Erne

Last edited:

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
I would love to package the 2 together to Washington to get Backstrom. Similar trade I proposed with Spezza+Methot, but Ryan instead.

We can then move Smith over to wing and our Centre depth would be tops in the NHL.

Michalek Backstrom Chaisson
MacArthur Turris Stone
Greening Zibanejad Hoffman
Smith Legwand Neil

Condra
Pageau

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I would love to package the 2 together to Washington to get Backstrom. Similar trade I proposed with Spezza+Methot, but Ryan instead.

We can then move Smith over to wing and our Centre depth would be tops in the NHL.

Michalek Backstrom Chaisson
MacArthur Turris Stone
Greening Zibanejad Hoffman
Smith Legwand Neil

Condra
Pageau

No reason for Washington to do that.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
he should be regarded as any other summer UFA, if you can't sign him, either trade him to get assets, or keep him to make the playoffs

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Murray is in a tough spot, they have all come out saying they are aplayoff team and they need Ryan to be a playoff team - I don't think we are far from being a perenial playoff team but a perenial contender?

I get the feeling management comes out on top on both of these but if we do lose one it will be Ryan - he has said he thinks a deal gets done but at the same time it seems like he is stalling and the longer it goes the more risk the franchise is of losing a Turris or Karlsson and kissing their playoff hopes goodbey.

we are one injury away from losing both Methot and Ryan - kinda scary

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Id try to work something around Brayden Schenn, but sooner rather than later because he can easily breakout in a big way

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I hear there is no way the Ducks can sign Perry and Getzlaf, so they will absolutely 100% have to trade one of them. Maybe both, seeing as they could not get a deal signed in the summer time, and we all know if a player does not sign by the first day of the season it is terrible asset management to keep them as their value drops.

Could be a deal to be made there. Their unsignable assets for ours.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
The more I think about it, the more I'm okay with any situation. If Ryan re-signs, awesome, start adding pieces and become a decent playoff team who can surprise some people. If not, change of plan, trade him for futures and embrace a new rebuild. A high pick in this draft plus whatever futures Ryan returns would be amazing long term. We still have Karlsson, Turris, and MacArthur locked long term and a few extremely promising rfas. If we add McDavid or Eichel and wait on the development of a couple other guys (Ceci, Cowen, Puempel, Zibby, Lazar etc) we could be L.A. good in 3 or 4 years.

That of course depends on Murray getting something for Ryan before it's too late and not trying to patch the hole he leaves with over the hill plugs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad