***Official Panic Thread: 2012-2013 Season***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

Jul 26, 2008
So, just for fun, I've decided to take all the negative statements and turn them into positive. It worked for George Constanza.

No problem, we got this...

This team is awesome. Turris will get it going. He rocks. Our forwards do need to pick it up a bit.

I'm melo

The losses against the lesser teams happen. It's all good.

We still have a game in hand, and the Jets will probably lose against the Capitals. One win, and we're gold. Boston will be dog tired by Sunday..we're in. Book it!

Our forward good is young. They've done a pretty good job this season. We need to get a more traffic in front, and Turris looks good, and knows how to play hockey at a high level. Our PP will end the season on a high note.

It's that time folks. Break out the car flags.

We'll make the playoffs by a point. The universe always seems to even out.

This post is honestly the one that makes the most sense out of this entire thread.
:handclap:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Turris was terrible. This guy was horrible hahahah.

An offensive blackhole. Bring up DaCosta.

What pissed me off the most was MacLean changing his lines with 10 mins left in the third.

Anderson choked, pissed me off man. The third goal was disgusting and he should have had the 1st or 2nd in order to give us a chance. We need our goalies to bail us out. He failed twice in a row.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
The Senators have been a low scoring, tight defensive team all season (since the big injuries). Nothing has changed recently IMO in regards to how we play, what's changed is Anderson going from Vezina form to average. We won games because our goaltenders were incredible and bailed us out all the time, when that stops, so does the wins. The faults in the team just get magnified when there isn't a goaltender stealing us wins.

We've had like 80 shots or something in the last 2 games, but it's not really telling because not many of those shots were from prime scoring areas. And like another posted mentioned earlier, instead of the players saying they need to go to the net in every interview, they need to actually do that instead of only talking about it. That sequence on the powerplay when Potvin pointed out how Phillips was skating to the left and didn't get a shot through from the point pretty much sums up our lack of success on the PP, that shot needs to happen.

Just the way our team is built this year, we're going to live or die by our goaltending. I think Anderson will rebound, but in combination with Spezza and Karlsson coming back, we really need a skilled winger to score some goals, we need finishers going forward.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Coming back before they're ready may risk re-injury, but with 3 games left, THIS IS OUR SEASON.

Karlsson has to come back for sure on Thursday.

Spezza... well, if he can skate & practice, he should play.

NO NO NO you're nuts you dont force franchise players back early no matter what the situation. Especially when its 1 in a million to win a cup. I wish they played like this earlier, they had a chance at a legit super star on a reduced schedule in a lost season... Now they either make it or play the best team in the nhl we have seen since the sens entered the modern league. I'd rather have a first overall then dragged through this disapointment

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Really need to lock in that 7th seed, or higher, Pitt and the Leafs are the only teams Ottawa should stay away from. I think we could beat Boston, it would be another 7 game series like last year against the rangers.

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
Really need to lock in that 7th seed, or higher, Pitt and the Leafs are the only teams Ottawa should stay away from. I think we could beat Boston, it would be another 7 game series like last year against the rangers.

We lost the control over where we finish with that loss. Isles and rangers have easier schedules and I doubt we can finish above 8th.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
We lost the control over where we finish with that loss. Isles and rangers have easier schedules and I doubt we can finish above 8th.

It really is amazing how things changed after the trade deadline. Rangers were dead in the water and Ottawa was holding a strong playoff position. I'll be happy with 8th, you never know what could happen against the Pens, Maclean could turn the team into a Flyers clone and give Pitt all sorts of troubles.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
JETS STH here,

Tell you what..... we'll beat Washington tonight.

You guys beat them on Thursday.

With any luck..... both the Jets & Sens make the play-offs.

6 Canadian teams in the playoffs would be sweet :)

Deal ??

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
JETS STH here,

Tell you what..... we'll beat Washington tonight.

You guys beat them on Thursday.

With any luck..... both the Jets & Sens make the play-offs.

6 Canadian teams in the playoffs would be sweet :)

Deal ??

I would love that personally, would love to see the Rangers miss out, you guys just take care of Ovie when you play them so we have a better chance on Thursday.

Huston

Sep 23, 2006
London
The team has played impressively without Karlsson and Spezza. they have struggled offensively all year.

But hey, we just need to look at the top three leaders in +/-; the rookies. They have impressed me, but now other teams focus on them.

However, I'd like to point fingers at the two veterans who are -1 and -2 on the team.

I panic every time Mr. -2 is on the ice, and disappointed at Mr -1 when he has the puck.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
My authentic Karlsson Heritage jersey just arrived this morning. It's a sign!

Ek is going to return Tuursday. We're gonna make it and we're gonna be the 7 seed and then we're gonna beat Boston. Mark it down.

Xeeno

Apr 22, 2013
Pissed off.

Longgggg time reader, first time poster, die hard Sens fan

I'm about to rant so get ready.

1) Turris
- This guy can be a great center in the future, but for now he's weak and isnt hitting his stride. Its sad to see that when you need a guy like this to step up, he lets down more than he had in that 2 spot.
- Sit this guy down, and let Regin play ffs. Regin is underrated by this whole board and i hate it. If a player only plays a couple min a game, how the **** do you expect him to perform? Lets get real, if Regin played some quality minutes now for a game or two, he will stun.

1/2) Zibz
- Is this guy great or is this guy great? Honestly, i watch every game and hes the only one showing some solid promise out there. This guy deserves that 1 spot way more than Turris does, atleast for atm he does. From all those who doubt, just watch Zib singly throughout the game; true talent.

3) That ugly third line
- Now, the Stache absolutely loves this line, but i dont. How can guys like Neil, Smith and Greening be put on for crucial times and on the damn PP ahead of those beauties of Silf, Zibs, and Con... It really doesnt make sense. This line is made to get the team going and really shut their guys down. But, to be totally honest, they havent. Yeah there are those big hits, but not when we need em.

4) D-Fence
- I used fence for a reason. Our D right now looks like a freagin picket fence in front of the lawn that gets run over by everyone including the mail man. These guys have to step it up, ESPECIALLY in our zone. So many times this team lets in weak goals that ruin the momentum and finish the game early

5) The Stache's Style
- Let me summarize the whole strategy of Ottawas game: Dump in, forecheck, pass to the D, shoot, no traffic in front. Another one: Skate down the side boards, shoot, no traffic in front, bad angle. How can you expect to score in that way? Change it up ffs, i can predict whats gonna happen whenever a Sens player takes it up, and thats sad. If you watched that Pens game yesterday, you can see the Pens players reading those passes like a paper back

6) Anderson
- This guy needs to sit. Hes arguably the best goalie in the league (from numbers), but not right now. Lehner is an absolute stud, and in my mind, the most underrated player on the team. Stop looking at wins and look at his overall play. Lehner is amazing at what he does and maybe putting him in for 2 of the 4 left will wake up Andy to get back to what he does best, stop the puck

Ill end of by saying this: Yes the team is young, yes the team still needs to learn, but this team can go far in the playoffs with some tweaks. It all starts by Zibby being bumped up, Turris being put down (To get a spark under his skinny ass) and get let the players that really want to play, that really want to fight, do their thing and win us some games.

This team is about heart, and we are lacking it right now.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Longgggg time reader, first time poster, die hard Sens fan

I'm about to rant so get ready.

1) Turris
- This guy can be a great center in the future, but for now he's weak and isnt hitting his stride. Its sad to see that when you need a guy like this to step up, he lets down more than he had in that 2 spot.
- Sit this guy down, and let Regin play ffs. Regin is underrated by this whole board and i hate it. If a player only plays a couple min a game, how the **** do you expect him to perform? Lets get real, if Regin played some quality minutes now for a game or two, he will stun.

1/2) Zibz
- Is this guy great or is this guy great? Honestly, i watch every game and hes the only one showing some solid promise out there. This guy deserves that 1 spot way more than Turris does, atleast for atm he does. From all those who doubt, just watch Zib singly throughout the game; true talent.

3) That ugly third line
- Now, the Stache absolutely loves this line, but i dont. How can guys like Neil, Smith and Greening be put on for crucial times and on the damn PP ahead of those beauties of Silf, Zibs, and Con... It really doesnt make sense. This line is made to get the team going and really shut their guys down. But, to be totally honest, they havent. Yeah there are those big hits, but not when we need em.

4) D-Fence
- I used fence for a reason. Our D right now looks like a freagin picket fence in front of the lawn that gets run over by everyone including the mail man. These guys have to step it up, ESPECIALLY in our zone. So many times this team lets in weak goals that ruin the momentum and finish the game early

5) The Stache's Style
- Let me summarize the whole strategy of Ottawas game: Dump in, forecheck, pass to the D, shoot, no traffic in front. Another one: Skate down the side boards, shoot, no traffic in front, bad angle. How can you expect to score in that way? Change it up ffs, i can predict whats gonna happen whenever a Sens player takes it up, and thats sad. If you watched that Pens game yesterday, you can see the Pens players reading those passes like a paper back

6) Anderson
- This guy needs to sit. Hes arguably the best goalie in the league (from numbers), but not right now. Lehner is an absolute stud, and in my mind, the most underrated player on the team. Stop looking at wins and look at his overall play. Lehner is amazing at what he does and maybe putting him in for 2 of the 4 left will wake up Andy to get back to what he does best, stop the puck

Ill end of by saying this: Yes the team is young, yes the team still needs to learn, but this team can go far in the playoffs with some tweaks. It all starts by Zibby being bumped up, Turris being put down (To get a spark under his skinny ass) and get let the players that really want to play, that really want to fight, do their thing and win us some games.

This team is about heart, and we are lacking it right now.

Welcome and what a 1st post.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
All of you freaking out and hating on our team are the first ones who will jump back on the bandwagon when the Sens make it in.

It's disgusting.

I read this board because i thought it might be the one place where there would be some sensible and reasonable sens fans. I see now that most of you are just scams.
If you cant cheer for your team this year...of all years then do us a favor and go cheer for the leafs.
I'm sick and tired of all you fickle punks. Suck it up, if they don't make it there's still a ton of positives and you should be proud of how they played.

Stop focusing on the negative, it's easy to think that they are choking but we all thought they would tank when the injuries happened do you not think that this could very well be a result of that?

This year has made the team better in so many ways for future years regardless of what happens at the end of the season. As Daft Punk says they'll come back.... Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
All of you freaking out and hating on our team are the first ones who will jump back on the bandwagon when the Sens make it in.

It's disgusting.

I read this board because i thought it might be the one place where there would be some sensible and reasonable sens fans. I see now that most of you are just scams.

I'm sick and tired of all you fickle punks. Suck it up, if they don't make it there's still a ton of positives and you should be proud of how they played.

Stop focusing on the negative, it's easy to think that they are choking but we all thought they would tank when the injuries happened do you not think that this could very well be a result of that?

This year has made the team better in so many ways for future years regardless of what happens at the end of the season. As Daft Punk says they'll come back.... Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

I see you're new to the internet.

Herping Derps*

Gotta say, Xeeno's post is basically what I came here to post, and I'm a big lurker too.

My bigger concern isn't making the playoffs, its getting swept 1st round against pits, AGAIN.
Honestly, I don't think I can take another 1st round exit. That would be what, the 4th sweep (god forbid)? And tenth 1st round exit? Rage will ensue!

If this team can't find ways to score (mainly, by being waaaaaay less predictable), then it will unfortunately happen.

But lets all remember, this isn't a cup team (this year), so this whole panic is moot. Once spez and Karlsson went down permanently, they weren't walking away with any hardware at the end of the year regardless, so we should all just chill and enjoy the weird ride of the season.

But heaven help me if we get a 1st round spanking! And leafs advance......thats heart attack time.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
I say lets shake up thing go all offence :sarcasm:

MM9-Zibby-Stone
Cony-DaBosta-Silf
Greening-Turris-Alfie
Lats-Pageau-Smith

Weirdcock-Gonchar
Methot - cowen
Phillips - Gryba

That would confuse opposition

Status