*OFFICIAL* Ottawa 67's 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsc75

Mar 25, 2014
I don't know if anyone mentioned it but what's the parking situation like at the civic centre?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don't know if anyone mentioned it but what's the parking situation like at the civic centre?

If you have season tickets you can buy a parking pass on site. If you don't then you need to find parking on the streets somewhere.

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
67's preseason strarts tomorrow

Unless there is a change I don't know about, the 67's first exhibition game is tomorrow night, 7:30pm at Robert-Guertin. It certainly is easy to overlook, because there has virtually no local promotion, including no mention on either team's website. In fact the only reference I have is here:
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/2014-ohl-exhibition-game-results

Notably the 67's three subsequent games, in Nepean, Smiths Falls and Brockville, where they take the gate I presume, are prominently promoted.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Anyway nice to see all the chatter caused by Donskov's departure. People seem really concerned.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Heard team signed 1995 dman Zach Pittman, was at Canissius in NCAA , played in USHL

That is sort of weird. He was actually at College as a freshman last week and now a 67.

How does that even happen? You would think that if there was some sort of communication there, he would have signed before training camp.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Pittman seems like a great signing, the back end needed some more toughness and with over 200 PIM's in the USHL, you've got to think that Pittman is going to be tough to play against.

The signing leaves the team with 10 defencemen on the current roster. The easy thing to do might be to send Mercer and Brown down, but Higgins praised both of them on the radio.

Would the team consider moving either Middleton or Lintuniemi?

Also, does this rule us out for Victor Mete?

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Could be Pittman got there and saw that he was not going to get the minutes or the education package was not as good as thought.

Hunt comes along with Brown's recommendation and makes a better offer.

I must say it is nice to see that Ottawa has resolved one of it's perennial weaknesses.

It has been a long time since they had a big tough D

Possibly back to the 97-98 season.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
I would think the two defense men that are on the out are Davis and Duchesne

I would keep the rookies as you need to think about the future,

Vlajkov , Lintuniemi
Middleton, Pittman
Henley,guy
Mercer,Brown.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I would think the two defense men that are on the out are Davis and Duchesne

I would keep the rookies as you need to think about the future,

Vlajkov , Lintuniemi
Middleton, Pittman
Henley,guy
Mercer,Brown.

Agree about Davis but I'd keep Duchesne as still only 18 and likely a 5 yr guy who will not be a star but should be a solid stay at home 19,20 yr old with toughness. With Vlajkov back who will likely get a shot at running the power play I'd trade Guy who is 19 already and although has some offensive upside not convinced about his defensive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad