Official Oil Kings 2017-18 Thread

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Offense finally busts out, 7-1 over the Blades. Inferior competition for sure, but its gotta feel good for the boys to have the goals flow after their offensively frustrating road trip!

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
It's probably happened before that the fans win the Booster Juice and pizza coupon in the same game. Anyone know?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Perhaps last season's opener. Demolished Calgary and got a lot of freebies to boot.

Though those pizza coupons are damned near useless. $5 off an order, one per table. Haven't gone back to Royal Pizza since, lol.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
And they gas it in overtime as Eller gives up on a puck battle and lets a Pat take it to the net and score. Mads is looking extremely mediocre this season. Very disappointing.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
What's going on with Kulda? No games since November 1.

Pollock hattrick in 53 seconds!

Pollock is literally the only good thing going for the team lately. Singlehandedly won the last game, gets the ridiculous hattie last night. The rest of the team can't seem to play a lick of good hockey away from home.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looks like the OKs might go for a bit of a rebuild here. They don't have the horses up front or on D to contend this year.

I suspect they'll trade off some of the vets for prospects.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Went to the game on Wednesday, and Dea looked very good. Gives me a lot better feeling going into next year. On that note though, does anyone think they'll explore moving Jarry? Would be good way to speed up this retooling, he'd command a huge return. Team like Brandon might be interested if they think they can make a run this year.....

Guy Flaming

Went to the game on Wednesday, and Dea looked very good. Gives me a lot better feeling going into next year. On that note though, does anyone think they'll explore moving Jarry? Would be good way to speed up this retooling, he'd command a huge return. Team like Brandon might be interested if they think they can make a run this year.....

Brandon already has a good goalie in Jordan Papirny.

Too early to say the EOK will move Jarry but IF they decided to I would look to Victoria or Seattle. That's not inside information though, pure speculation based on good teams who need to upgrade in net.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I had contacted the Oil Kings and suggested they do a commemorative DVD of the Memorial Cup season. Below is their response.

Thank you for contacting the Edmonton Oil Kings. We always love hearing from our fans, and we greatly appreciate your ongoing support of the team!

In regards to your inquiry, we totally agree that a DVD of highlights from the Memorial Cup Season would sell well. Unfortunately, we cannot produce one due to various territory and sponsorship limitations.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I had contacted the Oil Kings and suggested they do a commemorative DVD of the Memorial Cup season. Below is their response.

Thank you for contacting the Edmonton Oil Kings. We always love hearing from our fans, and we greatly appreciate your ongoing support of the team!

In regards to your inquiry, we totally agree that a DVD of highlights from the Memorial Cup Season would sell well. Unfortunately, we cannot produce one due to various territory and sponsorship limitations.

That sucks. Would be nice to have a DVD on it. Especially when the Oil Kings were the underdogs in that tourney.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Good game tonight for the boys. Second period, four straight penalties against us and none to them. After the last penalty the shots during that time were 1-1.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
I know they're not the great team they were last year, what with losing a whole bunch of key players, but I hope the Kings can at least make the playoffs this year. I went for the playoff package last year and had a blast each and every game. Was really looking forward to doing it all over again this year! #TookItBack #TookItAll :handclap: :yo:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So can anyone who has watched the OK's tell me what's going on with Aaron Irving? I expected him to take a big leap forward this year but so far he's scoring at a worse pace than last year. Obviously losing key players from last year impacts that but I still don't think it's an excuse for him not to be a leader on this team. 9 points in 35 games and -9 to boot while Dysin Mayo has 27 points in 37 games and +11. I didn't expect Irving to have as many points as Mayo but I thought he'd show progress. Then again I haven't watched the games so...I was hoping someone could tell me what's going on?

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Read on another forum today rumours that Lazar could be sent back to the Oil Kings. Anybody have any inside sources if this could be true?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Read on another forum today rumours that Lazar could be sent back to the Oil Kings. Anybody have any inside sources if this could be true?

I read the same thing. If it happens it should be very soon or not at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad