Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with forward J.T. Miller.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This was Miller's choice to sign the qualifying offer--assuming the Rangers even offered him a two-year deal. Fast could have done it too (simply signed the qualifying offer).

Well, yeah. It's his choice to sign anything at all. I'm just saying Miller may have said to the team that he only wanted one year. Team may have said, "Sign the QO, then."

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Looking forward to a breakout season for Miller. Nothing earth shattering, but definitely taking the next step.

He will get stronger and quicker on the walls and find himself in better scoring positions. His maturity level will increase and I think you'll see that in his game. 22 is still very young, but at that age its light years ahead of being 18-19

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Miller's gambling on himself, and I like that mentality. I thought he was one of our best forwards for stretches in the playoffs, and he should pick up some PP time with MSL gone.

I'm hoping for a breakout year from the kid.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The one year deal doesn't really bother me and I'm the biggest JT Miller fan there is. He seems like the type of player who could use an extra incentive to focus every night.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Miller should be a top-six forward for us this year. He has the talent to be a 50 point player, and he needs to show that he can be the guy he was late in the year and in the post season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Miller should be a top-six forward for us this year. He has the talent to be a 50 point player, and he needs to show that he can be the guy he was late in the year and in the post season.

Man if we get that guy with somewhat regular consistency we'll be awfully hard to play against. He brings that physical aspect.

I see something along the lines of 15g/20a season.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Very disappointed that this is one year. If he breaks out it becomes a major problem.

I've always believed it's easier to get value for a player that performs, even if it means we can't keep him, than it is to get value for a player who doesn't perform.

Of course the ideal is to have Miller take the next step in his development and keep him, but we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Man if we get that guy with somewhat regular consistency we'll be awfully hard to play against. He brings that physical aspect.

I see something along the lines of 15g/20a season.

I don't really think he was all that inconsistent after his final callup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad