Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with forward J.T. Miller.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Would have rather signed him for 2 years at anything up to 1.2ish mil, a lot of show me deals have been made which arent the worst thing in the world. Hopefully the cap goes up a decent bit next year and were not in a serious bind.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Wish it a lot more with Miller because I strongly believe he'll break out this year.

I bet JT and his agent believe it too- probably would've been a higher hit if the term was longer, IMO.

Hopefully Gorton has a plan to clear up a lot of cap space for next season.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
these one years deals with Miller and Etem having me a bit concerned, but both guys still have plenty to prove.

Maybe the change with Groton we'll see, would be long term extensions with Kreider and Hayes if they light it up early.

currently Yandle, Kreider,Hayes, Etem, Miller and McIlrath to a lesser concern

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
these one years deals with Miller and Etem having me a bit concerned, but both guys still have plenty to prove.

Maybe the change with Groton we'll see, would be long term extensions with Kreider and Hayes if they light it up early.

currently Yandle, Kreider,Hayes, Etem, Miller and McIlrath to a lesser concern

That's the biggest change I'm hoping for under Gorton. Get RFA's/UFA's that are young or entering their prime and have a future with the team locked up ASAP. Don't put it off until the offseason because as we've seen every year, the price only goes up when you do. Get Kreider and Hayes done during the season if possible and deal with Miller/Etem after the season.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Really not sold on this kid. I do not think he sees the ice well for a guy with alleged second line talent.

He has moments where you don't notice him much, moments where you notice him more than you'd like to, but he occasionally makes some really high-end plays. He only just turned 22 a few months back, so I think it's tough to gauge at this point. But in a cap world, decent cost-controlled guys that can fit on lines 2 and 3 are pretty valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad