*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2014 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
Don't they usually show the exhibition games on channel 13

I hope so dieing to whatch some hockey

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm new on here. I have a question. What's the story on Chris Tierney? Is he not returning? I know he's not a over ager. Why is he not listed as a ruturnee or on the roster?

Although both Tierney and J. Anderson are eligible to return as OAs, both will find a home this season in the AHL. They're too talented to return to the O.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I also hope for this, but don't expect it. The USHL rosters released for publication this summer had Latorella's Honeybaked counterpart at BUG and Latorella as an 'Affiliate', so I hoped that would open the door for London. However, Latorella now appears to have made that team, so either something changed or the list was outdated. Even if Latorella doesn't report, a longterm Parsons/Vella tandem excites me.

While I vouch for Rymsha to assume the 4C role, I accept the inevitability that Rymsha and Henderson will be assigned to JrB for prime playing time. I'd be surprised if the Hunters take Brooks or Kudla, so I'm excluding them for the time being.

These categories, green and blue, are based on either talent or logic. There are some Blues I'd rank over Greens, but for practical purposes I'm only ranking intra-categories to demonstrate who's in and who's fighting for a spot. If Domi or Horvat return, bump everyone down a spot.

'Locks'/'Should Be Ins' = returnees + FA signings + Bergman/Gleason/Nother.
'On The Bubble = non-returnees + non-FA signings - Bergman/Gleason/Nother.

FORWARDS
1 Marner
2 MRupert
3 RRupert/Welychka
4 Dvorak
5 McCarron
6 Yakimowicz
7 MacDonald
8 Seguin
9 Klima
10 Klima
11 Valentini

12 Miromanov

DEFENCEMEN
1 Mermis
2 Bergman
3 Jamieson
4 Gleason
5 Crawley
6 Nother
9 Kreis

However, DeFarias and Kreis are clearly OHL calibre -- they just don't have the logistics on their side for leverage. I think DeFarias is a keeper for the Knights (and better than a couple of Greens) and will replace one Green if a Green is traded. Kreis is completely capable of a 6D role, but is a casualty of numbers.

Mermis, Bergman, Gleason, Crawley, Nother and Martenet all either can't or won't be traded. That leaves 3 Defencemen and probably only one survivor, which will be Jamieson or DeFarias. I like both but personally prefer DeFarias's longer shelf life. Both have top-4 upside, so that's a wash to me.

On the basis of what I witnessed this weekend, I'd have to say your list of forwards and defence is bang on. Now if you could only print out that list and post it on Dale and Mark's office door, I would gladly say a prayer to the hockey god that the Hunters listen!

Even if Latorella doesn't report, a longterm Parsons/Vella tandem excites me.
Vella has to lose that lazy glove. Reminds me of Herbst. Also needs to get some pointers on puck handling. Looks completely out of sorts when he leaves the net. Parsons is the #1 right now in camp...none of the other tenders even come close to his compete level or skill level for that matter. As long as Parsons tunes out BD...we'll be fine. ;)

Haven't been this excited about a goaltender since I first saw Herbst play. Still say that kid has upside but just didn't fit in here. I think those injuries and surgeries really set him back...he doesn't look the same as he did in Midget.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm still thinking there's a spot in that 11-13 F spot for Ryshma.
I do respect the depth chart opinions of the Reg posters, just a hunch he's staying in London.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Would have to take another look, but that move wouldn't be bad one for all parties, if they have spot open for him.
Still a chance we see a vet or two moved . And with the "potential" depth we have, it may be for mid picks freeing up a spot.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Elie and Grez from your list would probably be my guess ( barring no vet move)
After that not sure. Just a guess but Valentini ( only due to factors non ice related- no knock on any1, just the politics) Although I've heard good things. I'm hoping it's a vet moved (well see) and if not the first two I mentioned.
I'd guess they carry 13 early on if not 14 with a couple kids rotating.

fmco1999

Dec 15, 2013
Use those cards wisely Hunter's...I saw at least 25 kids today who shouldn't even have been on the ice. One of them Warren , dad help here???????

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
I hope so. Who do you see as the odd man out whether via trade or JrB? It wouldn't surprise me if Elie was moved to his brother's team.
I was thinking the same! but just not sure there's room on the Bulls roster at this point. Do you guys think he needs a change of scenery? or has he just hit his peak?

Use those cards wisely Hunter's...I saw at least 25 kids today who shouldn't even have been on the ice. One of them Warren , dad help here???????

Johnny Warren has the skillset to play in the OHL...he's just way too small. Holds the puck well..has a great centre of gravity, competes every shift, but 5 ft 6 doesn't cut it unless you're a super star.

fmco1999

Dec 15, 2013
Johnny Warren has the skillset to play in the OHL...he's just way too small. Holds the puck well..has a great centre of gravity, competes every shift, but 5 ft 6 doesn't cut it unless you're a super star.

Warren, John London Knights- Gold LW HEIGHT 5.04 Weight 131 GP 26 G 17 A 13 TP 30 PIMS 18 this were his stats when drafted, and he makes the final skate.
DAD????????? HELP ??????????

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I was thinking the same! but just not sure there's room on the Bulls roster at this point. Do you guys think he needs a change of scenery? or has he just hit his peak?

To be honest, I think T. Elie has hit his peak, and I would prefer to see another young prospect given the chance to impress. There's no way that Elie projects to a top 6 forward on any team in the OHL--in fact, I think he'd be a 4th liner at best on most teams. Just my opinion.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Warren, John London Knights- Gold LW HEIGHT 5.04 Weight 131 GP 26 G 17 A 13 TP 30 PIMS 18 this were his stats when drafted, and he makes the final skate.
DAD????????? HELP ??????????

Most kids at camp realize that there are very few openings on the Knights' roster and don't have a legitimate chance of making the team. As for Warren, he is an undersized player with lots of skill and I'm sure he knows that he doesn't stand a chance at making the Knights. There are others at camp in the same position yet it doesn't deter them from showing up. What's the big deal? Why such a hate-on for the kid?

EDIT: Aren't you the same guy who announced last year that Ekblad was going to be traded to London (without citing any sources or stating it was a rumour)?

Last edited:

fmco1999

Dec 15, 2013
nelli27- I dont hate any kid that trys out for any sporting team, I wish them all the best. I realize that they are young and are following the lifetime goal to make it the next level. I never ever agree with posters bashing the kids in which we watch every Friday night . All I was getting at was maybe there was a player whos dreams were crushed not playing on the final day. The question I ask is did his dad being with the organization have anything to do with hime being on the ise. AS for Ekblad I am sorry for that one, no it wast a rumour just bad informatiion at the time. Peace to all

nelli27- I dont hate any kid that trys out for any sporting team, I wish them all the best. I realize that they are young and are following the lifetime goal to make it the next level. I never ever agree with posters bashing the kids in which we watch every Friday night . All I was getting at was maybe there was a player whos dreams were crushed not playing on the final day. The question I ask is did his dad being with the organization have anything to do with hime being on the ice. AS for Ekblad I am sorry for that one, no it wast a rumour just bad informatiion at the time. Peace to all

Wouldn't be the 1st time a kid with connections to the team via bloodlines was where they shouldn't be. Won't be the last.

I have received word from a very reliable source that ALL Exhibition home games will be on TV. Much the same as years past...every game on Canadian soil will be on TV.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1729835

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad