*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Since no one else started one, thought I would, to see what people think about our off-season plans.

We have questions to be answered.....I know that some of them you have to wait for training camp and preseason but what are peoples thoughts?

In net, will the job be won outright by one of the tenders or will it be a 1a and 1b situation again. Or will another goalie be in the mix yet?

Is another associate coach still being thought of or are the reigns in the hands of Troy with more of a role and Mike getting more duties as well?

The OA situation is cloudy, what are your thoughts about who will come back and who will go?

Which of the handful of rookies may crack the lineup? There has been a bunch signed recently and some with contracts already. Davies, Blaisdell, Hora, Learn, Blasby and Greenfield to name a few.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Which of the handful of rookies may crack the lineup? There has been a bunch signed recently and some with contracts already. Davies, Blaisdell, Hora, Learn, Blasby and Greenfield to name a few.

Michael Davies will be in the Top 6 before the season is over. He is big, he is skilled,he has a mean streak, he is physical, he can skate. I think he will be one of the Top 10 best players from this OHL draft in 2-3 years. He had mono for a big chunk of the season. Mono can linger even when you are deemed "over it". Mono drains all your energy, its exhausting. Whats my point? He is better than what scouts saw from November to April.

slapshot1

Jun 18, 2013
Adam Abu Ali

Adam is a solid player who skates hard and is a tireless worker. The rangers need to to bring him up and give this kid a shot.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
London Knights fan here....I'm sorry I know we are rivals but I have to ask, out these listed players below who are all 93 born, I'm guessing Ben Fenelli, Eric Ming, Ben Thompson are back as your over-agers. Could there be another player returned in your Rangers opinion? Also, I'm guessing you guys are in rebuilding mode, so do you guys see Faksa returning to the OHL or does he stick in the NHL? Also, definitely hoping we're eyeing Marcantuani. Definitely a speedster with great skill. Faksa and Marcantuani could help the Knights fill the void if Griffith and Broadhurst move up....

Tobias Rieder
Eric Ming
Ben Thomson
Joshua Leivo
Matt Puempel
Ben Fanelli
Ryan Murphy
Frank Corrado
John Gibson

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
London Knights fan here....I'm sorry I know we are rivals but I have to ask, out these listed players below who are all 93 born, I'm guessing Ben Fenelli, Eric Ming, Ben Thompson are back as your over-agers. Could there be another player returned in your Rangers opinion? Also, I'm guessing you guys are in rebuilding mode, so do you guys see Faksa returning to the OHL or does he stick in the NHL? Also, definitely hoping we're eyeing Marcantuani. Definitely a speedster with great skill. Faksa and Marcantuani could help the Knights fill the void if Griffith and Broadhurst move up....

Tobias Rieder
Eric Ming
Ben Thomson
Joshua Leivo
Matt Puempel
Ben Fanelli
Ryan Murphy
Frank Corrado
John Gibson

Faksa may return but that really depends on Dallas. Out of the list above, Fanelli and Ming are the only sure things. I don't know what the Devils' AHL team looks like, but I'm guessing Thomson has the best chance of returning out of the rest.

Nothing personal, but I think I'd throw up if Faksa were sent to London... :D

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Faksa may return but that really depends on Dallas. Out of the list above, Fanelli and Ming are the only sure things. I don't know what the Devils' AHL team looks like, but I'm guessing Thomson has the best chance of returning out of the rest.

Nothing personal, but I think I'd throw up if Faksa were sent to London... :D

LOL!! No problem..... But I just realized we can't take on Faksa because we already have 2 import picks with Zadorov and Maatta. That is assuming Maatta comes back...

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

Tobias Rieder
Eric Ming
Ben Thomson
Joshua Leivo
Matt Puempel
Ben Fanelli
Ryan Murphy
Frank Corrado
John Gibson

Fanelli is a lock as an OA and captain. The team is hoping (and somewhat expecting) Thomson to be sent back as the second OA. And they acquired Teichman in net. He'll be given an audition in the first month to stabilize the goaltending and if he grabs that chance, Ming is likely the odd man out.

Faksa almost definitely will be back. Look for him, McEneny and possibly Thomson and Marcantuoni to be trade bait at the deadline as this team seriously needs to rebuild.

And while I like AAA, I think his time may be up. He never showed enough in any one area at camp. He's a smaller energy guy who has already had two cracks at the lineup and is a year older than Learn who plays the same role but with a bit more upside.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
And while I like AAA, I think his time may be up. He never showed enough in any one area at camp. He's a smaller energy guy who has already had two cracks at the lineup and is a year older than Learn who plays the same role but with a bit more upside.

Agreed.... besides do fans actually think AAA would fit in nicely with a Steve Spott team? If Mike Mascioli had difficult time with Spott that wouldn't come close to what AAA would go through. Besides I wouldn't want AAA get the abuse of some Ranger fans who absolute hate any physical play!

tbsjerseys

Jun 12, 2013
No possible way AA makes team as a rookie 95... he acted like a moron in the blue and white games last year... would like to see a total rebuild but with Spott dont think it will happen... why else would you trade for an OA goalie in a year we are gonnd struggle for 7th or 8th... why not just let the chips fall with Greenfield and Moylan... finish 9th or 10th and get a top 4 pick... itll be nice to see our younger guys develop this year as pressure will be off... Davies will be dymanic this year once he gets comfortable with the league and pace.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
No possible way AA makes team as a rookie 95... he acted like a moron in the blue and white games last year... would like to see a total rebuild but with Spott dont think it will happen... why else would you trade for an OA goalie in a year we are gonnd struggle for 7th or 8th... why not just let the chips fall with Greenfield and Moylan... finish 9th or 10th and get a top 4 pick... itll be nice to see our younger guys develop this year as pressure will be off... Davies will be dymanic this year once he gets comfortable with the league and pace.

I look at it similar to the year that Parker VanBuskirk was here during a rebuild/retool. Need a calming, experienced presence in net for the "growing pains" there will be. Hopefully Teichmann can be that presence. But as long as Spott is here I dont see a full out rebuild. More of see what we have and sell off a couple of pieces at the deadline for mediocre picks.

As for AA I can not see it either, his time has passed.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
I look at it similar to the year that Parker VanBuskirk was here during a rebuild/retool. Need a calming, experienced presence in net for the "growing pains" there will be. Hopefully Teichmann can be that presence. But as long as Spott is here I dont see a full out rebuild. More of see what we have and sell off a couple of pieces at the deadline for mediocre picks.

As for AA I can not see it either, his time has passed.

Sorry buts whos AA

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Ben Fanelli got an invite to the New York Rangers camp. Hope they sign him and send him back. Like to see him wearing the C in the fall.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Kitchener Rangers General Manager and Head Coach Steve Spott announced Tuesday that the team has completed a trade with the Mississauga Steelheads.

In the deal, the Steelheads send forward Scott Teskey to the Rangers in exchange for a 10th round pick in the 2015 Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection (acquired from Kingston in a previous trade).

Mississauga’s first round pick in the 2011 Priority Selection , Teskey has played 98 career games with the Steelheads and St. Michael’s Majors, recording seven career goals and seven assists.

Another '95 in the mix. Wonder how this is going to play out, will definitely be taking some time away from the rookies.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Ben Fanelli got an invite to the New York Rangers camp. Hope they sign him and send him back. Like to see him wearing the C in the fall.

No doubt he will be back. Glad to see he got the invite, I was worried that he would never see a NHL camp.

tbsjerseys

Jun 12, 2013
Another '95 in the mix. Wonder how this is going to play out, will definitely be taking some time away from the rookies.
This move is interesting as Spotter may be thinking long term for teskey.. could be a leader next year or year after as OA...hes only taking time away from Rookies if he is playing poor and the rookies are playing well... if Teskey plays well he deserves the time over rookies.. this is a developmental league and Teskey is only a 95..Id be more concerned if we went out and added more D men as we have plenty of mid ranger defenders now..

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
This move is interesting as Spotter may be thinking long term for teskey.. could be a leader next year or year after as OA...hes only taking time away from Rookies if he is playing poor and the rookies are playing well... if Teskey plays well he deserves the time over rookies.. this is a developmental league and Teskey is only a 95..Id be more concerned if we went out and added more D men as we have plenty of mid ranger defenders now..

I meant it more of a trickle down effect and not necessarily a bad thing either...I should have elaborated before, my only concern is when you sign players and not play them. Doesnt always look good from a recruiting point of view and can be seen as poor player management.

I am always glad to upgrade whenever possible, which I think Teskey would be. Just could have waited to sign some of the rookies we did over the beginning of the off-season.

Edit: After checking Teskey's stats and style....not sure if he is going to be an upgrade or another Brandon Fransico???

Last edited:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
WOW.

Mike Farwell ‏@farwell590 1m
Steve Spott has resigned as head coach and general manager of the #OHLRangers to take over as head coach of the AHL's Toronto Marlies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
WOW.

Mike Farwell ‏@farwell590 1m
Steve Spott has resigned as head coach and general manager of the #OHLRangers to take over as head coach of the AHL's Toronto Marlies.

Double WOW

Who gets the job or jobs now

Any predictions folks

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Yay for the Rangers and Boo for the Marlies. Rangers can finally have a coach who will develop systems and show some life behind the bench. Somebody who can motivate players. aka anyone other than Spott.
Marlies....ouch, going from Eakins to Spott is like driving a porsche and then a honda. That is pathetic. Bad bad move for the Leafs organization.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
One would think that Trey Smith gets the coaching gig,unless Spott takes him with him
As for GM dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad