OT: Official Jersey & Merchandise Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Speaking of early Senators jerseys. I've noticed a lot of obscure or early Senators player jerseys popping up on eBay lately.

There was an authentic Bob Kudelski on eBay. I'd never heard of the guy as it was a bit before my time. Turns out he had some pretty big seasons with the Senators. PPG player, 50 goal pace.

This is exactly what I've always wanted. I do not see it on eBay anymore. Was this sold already? Who was the seller?

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
You're right. They may have played at both. I think some of their jerseys have a massive Corel sponsorship logo as well.

you are correct! first year CC than CTC...god bless wiki lol

I caught a 'puck' at one of the games.

I remember going to an Arena football game at the CTC back in the 90s I believe, not sure if it was a touring team or if Ottawa had a team for a spell

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Two new additions

image.jpg

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This is exactly what I've always wanted. I do not see it on eBay anymore. Was this sold already? Who was the seller?

The guys name is Alpinestars91. He's put up a lot of authentic Senators jerseys over the last little bit.

It looks like it sold. But if you specifically want a Kudelski jersey, you can always pick up a blank authentic and send it somewhere like Game Day Sports Archives, or have it done locally at Clubhouse.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Is the Daugavins one fake? The numbers don't look right.

I got it from Lutch USA who provides authentic KHL jerseys to North America

The big difference is that the KHL equivalent of NHL's premiers (or whatever the real jerseys that don't have fight straps and are cheaper are) have numbers dyed on instead of sewn. I think you would have to oder from Russia for sewn numbers

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
I got it from Lutch USA who provides authentic KHL jerseys to North America

The big difference is that the KHL equivalent of NHL's premiers (or whatever the real jerseys that don't have fight straps and are cheaper are) have numbers dyed on instead of sewn. I think you would have to oder from Russia for sewn numbers

Oh okay, cool! I also noticed the gray sides, and the jerseys they're using now don't have the gray sides on them. But it looks nice.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Oh okay, cool! I also noticed the gray sides, and the jerseys they're using now don't have the gray sides on them. But it looks nice.

Yeah. Keep in mind that Daug only played for them in the lockout season though. And it was all they had in stock.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Anyone know a place to get pucks with the Sens logo for cheap?

thx

What is considered cheap for a logo puck?

They have them on the Senators web store ottawateamshop.ca for 6 dollars.

I've not been to Canadian Tire for a while, but I'm guessing they might have them.

Unless you find some local to you on Kijiji, I can't imagine you'd fine them for less than in the 5 dollar range.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I remember heading to a Logger game as a kid at the Civic Center. If memory serves they had a hot tub with "models" in it.

Loblaws has this for $40. Not official merch, but its a cheap retro barberpole looking thing.

qzpPnET.jpg

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I saw this. Thought it had to be a knock off, no?

Nope. It's a legit Premier. I can't attest for the quality of the customization, but it looks fine in the photos.

Aside from the recent Stadium Series jerseys (Pens, Hawks, Kings, Ducks), knock offs are not made of Premier jerseys (maybe there are some really obscure examples). They only make Edge knock offs, since Edge jerseys cost twice as much as Premiers at retail.

Even if you don't really know a lot about how to spot counterfeit jerseys, if you see the silver tag in the bottom front corner, along with a made in Indonesia black neck tag, and no fight strap, it's almost certainly legit. There are a few examples of Premiers that are made in Canada like the Senators Heritage Classic jersey, but all the regular Premiers are made in Indonesia.

In short, if it's a Premier that isn't a Stadium Series jersey, it's almost certainly not a knock off, because knock offs aren't made of Premiers (unless there are really obscure ones that I've never seen in my few years of collecting).

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
Nope. It's a legit Premier. I can't attest for the quality of the customization, but it looks fine in the photos.

Aside from the recent Stadium Series jerseys (Pens, Hawks, Kings, Ducks), knock offs are not made of Premier jerseys (maybe there are some really obscure examples). They only make Edge knock offs, since Edge jerseys cost twice as much as Premiers at retail.

Even if you don't really know a lot about how to spot counterfeit jerseys, if you see the silver tag in the bottom front corner, along with a made in Indonesia black neck tag, and no fight strap, it's almost certainly legit. There are a few examples of Premiers that are made in Canada like the Senators Heritage Classic jersey, but all the regular Premiers are made in Indonesia.

In short, if it's a Premier that isn't a Stadium Series jersey, it's almost certainly not a knock off, because knock offs aren't made of Premiers (unless there are really obscure ones that I've never seen in my few years of collecting).

That's some great info there. Thanks for that! I've been reluctant to buy online as it's hard to tell which is a fake these days. Now I can buy more! My wife hates you right now ;)
Regarding that Kovalev jersey, the numbers on the back appear to have a thin black outline. My Neil jersey that I bought from Sports Experts looks the same, however my Heatley jersey (which was sent away for customizing locally in Vancouver) has a thicker black outline on the numbers and looks 100 times nicer and looks more like what the players wear on ice. What's the deal with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad