OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread IV

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Nothing appeals to me at all about the new retro, kind of visually offensive to be honest....I dislike the SNES jersey alot but would take it all day over this...even with white added it looks brutal.

Would have preferred a modernized peace tower promo logo jersey created, I'm opening my wallet for that even with a new jersey sponsor coming next year, I believe.

Reactions: Senscore

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'd buy that. The actual one is good too, but I do prefer it with the contrast of white

It's enough to stand out. I feel like two red swooshes is still too similar to our current jerseys especially given we've had similar versions with two red bars before as an example.

We have the jerseys I think most of the fanbase does want or at least to help us get that "classical" team feel. I was hoping the reverse retro would be more along the lines of an ugly Christmas sweater competition

Reactions: Upgrayedd

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Does anyone know what an Authentic Heritage Classic (White) Pro Stitched Robin Lehner jersey would be worth?

I didn’t realize the White ones were hard to come by nowadays.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
1st off I'm glad these RR jerseys are not white cause they wouldn't wear em as much at home for the fans who care about them or at least not the 5-6 games these RR jerseys are apparently being worn for.

I like that it remains black and I like that we are staying on the 2d logo train for now. The rebranding has been great and we need to stick with it. It is the Senators brand. The nod to the asymmetrical stripping from the cup/playoffs era years is great and good enough for now.

With RR jerseys every couple of years, you can't waste all the good ideas in 1 jersey.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
The RR are too similar to the home black. Last year was basically just red dominant version of the our sweaters but looked a lot different - and better. I would have used gold to change it up this year.

I wish they would re-issue the Heritage classic sweaters from 2014. Those are my favourites.

Reactions: NB613

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Time to discuss this new retro..

Really don't care for the return of the kiddy crests on the shoulders. And that red line going through the waist just doesn't look right.

Last edited:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.18.21 PM.png

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Back in Ottawa for the first time in a while, went to the game yesterday and picked up a Stutzle home jersey (been dying for one since he was drafted) Love it, have a ton of jerseys but this one is easily top 3 of my favs

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Fanatics stuff I’ve had (non nhl) is ditch level trash. I hope they step up their top quality stuff otherwise I won’t be buying any nhl jerseys etc for a decade. Very poor choice (for the customer anyway) by nhl.

Reactions: Yak and NB613

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Fanatics stuff I’ve had (non nhl) is ditch level trash. I hope they step up their top quality stuff otherwise I won’t be buying any nhl jerseys etc for a decade. Very poor choice (for the customer anyway) by nhl.
The Fanatics NHL jerseys are so bad. The crests look like they've been printed by an inkjet printer. It's to the point where it's basically forcing the fan to buy the authentic version.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I hate Fanatics garbage as much as the next fan, but I'm not sure that the NHL had a lot of options here. Adidas left them, not the other way around. Adidas is now much less interested in pro sports. They prefer to focus on broader brand leisure and competitive athletes, just as Nike is doing. Reebok got swallowed by Adidas years ago, of course. Under Armour has had a lot of financial difficulties in the last couple of years, and is basically treading water right now. They are in no position financially to be paying pro sports leagues for apparel rights.

Bottom line is that no one was beating down the NHL's door to do a deal. Same thing happened to the CFL a few years ago when Adidas basically dumped them. New Era now "makes" the CFL's jerseys and fan apparel, although it would appear to have been contracted out.

Reactions: NB613

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I hate Fanatics garbage as much as the next fan, but I'm not sure that the NHL had a lot of options here. Adidas left them, not the other way around. Adidas is now much less interested in pro sports. They prefer to focus on broader brand leisure and competitive athletes, just as Nike is doing. Reebok got swallowed by Adidas years ago, of course. Under Armour has had a lot of financial difficulties in the last couple of years, and is basically treading water right now. They are in no position financially to be paying pro sports leagues for apparel rights.

Bottom line is that no one was beating down the NHL's door to do a deal. Same thing happened to the CFL a few years ago when Adidas basically dumped them. New Era now "makes" the CFL's jerseys and fan apparel, although it would appear to have been contracted out.
Fantastics Jerseys and apparel is as bad as Chinese knock-offs.

These guys are money grabbing profit mongers.

Jersey's quality is worse then China , although am sure they are made in China.

Their t-shirts are the worst! Buy two sizes bigger because they shrink before you even wash them....lol....

Quality of their products are horrible and they taking over the NHL, NFL and MLB. One day, one of their competition realize they can steal their market share and make more cash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad