OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Random, but I've always really wanted one of the Belleville Bulls yellow alternate jerseys. That yellow Hawks jersey has me thinking about finding one.

That's funny because a Reebok replica one just sold on eBay for 10 bucks+15 shipping.

I was considering bidding on it. They are great looking jerseys. OHL replicas tend to go for very little on eBay, so just keep an eye open.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
5) Advertising: Posting or private messaging to sell, buy, or trade products or services, links to auctions, affiliate links, links to promote personal or commercial websites, blogs, personal YT channels, other forums and so forth is not allowed anywhere without explicit permission.

Online postings are fair game but not personal sales.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
5) Advertising: Posting or private messaging to sell, buy, or trade products or services, links to auctions, affiliate links, links to promote personal or commercial websites, blogs, personal YT channels, other forums and so forth is not allowed anywhere without explicit permission.

do you mind clarifying this a little?
Are the following alright:
- ebay links
- kijiji
- online jersey stores
- hf members posting jerseys for sale/trade?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
do you mind clarifying this a little?
Are the following alright:
- ebay links
- kijiji
- online jersey stores
- hf members posting jerseys for sale/trade?

No problem. For the jersey and merch thread in particular, links to eBay/Kijiji/Craigslist and websites of that ilk are okay. We just don't want people buying and selling directly on these boards... I believe it's a liability issue but don't quote me on that. It's easily work-around-able by posting the jersey on a site like Kijiji and linking to it there.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
No problem. For the jersey and merch thread in particular, links to eBay/Kijiji/Craigslist and websites of that ilk are okay. We just don't want people buying and selling directly on these boards... I believe it's a liability issue but don't quote me on that. It's easily work-around-able by posting the jersey on a site like Kijiji and linking to it there.

cool thanks, thats what i figured :)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Fiiiine. :p:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Since this topic was brought up last page, Bonk, is this a knock off? I see these Korean made CCM jerseys pop up once in a blue moon on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131291120138

Looks like similar materials on the crest and numbers to the current day knock offs, maybe with better build quality. Did CCM ever make lower end jerseys in Korea? I only recall CCM 550's that were made in Canada and later in Indonesia. I know for sure that the jersey is not the same as the usual CCM Senators white jerseys of that era, I just am wondering for the sake of knowing, is it a bad Zellers jersey, or is it a counterfeit?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
It is defiantly a knockoff, the left shoulder is a complete mirror image of the right shoulder patch. The S shouldn't be backwards and neither should the roman numerals on the bottom of the patch.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
It is defiantly a knockoff, the left shoulder is a complete mirror image of the right shoulder patch. The S shouldn't be backwards and neither should the roman numerals on the bottom of the patch.

Here's a picture from another Korean made CCM on eBay.

$_57.JPG

Pretty funny, it must be the Movember version of the jersey. It looks like the centurion is rocking a mustache.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Yeah, I was aware what the real one that was made in both Canada/Indonesia looked like.

My main question is whether or not the Korean ones are really bad discount department store jerseys, or if they are knock offs. They look like knock offs, but I don't see many pop up, and the logic of printing made in Korea on the tag instead of lying about them being made in Canada seems to be different than what most knock offs do.

$_20.JPG

That's the legit replica from that era, same as yours.

The previous legit replica with the Ottawa Senators writing had a smaller crest. I don't think they released a replica with the proper crest until after they removed the writing from the logo.

$_57.JPG

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Not a Chinese knockoff, but a poor job. The name/numbers were probably done by some aftermarket sports store. As far as the shoulder crests, ya, one of them is backwards. How weird!!!

That Black moustache Korean jersey, I just don't know WTF that is......:amazed:

Since this topic was brought up last page, Bonk, is this a knock off? I see these Korean made CCM jerseys pop up once in a blue moon on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131291120138

Looks like similar materials on the crest and numbers to the current day knock offs, maybe with better build quality. Did CCM ever make lower end jerseys in Korea? I only recall CCM 550's that were made in Canada and later in Indonesia. I know for sure that the jersey is not the same as the usual CCM Senators white jerseys of that era, I just am wondering for the sake of knowing, is it a bad Zellers jersey, or is it a counterfeit?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I don't think it's sewed on to an uncrested jersey. An uncrested jersey wouldn't have the CCM NHL tag.

Both the mustache jersey and the Alfie jersey are marked with the same made in Korea/CCM tags. So if they are knock offs, they must be from a similar time period.

I would never buy either jersey, even if they were cheap Giant Tiger/Zellers official merchandise, since they are both awful looking. I was just curious to know their origins.

On the topic of mustaches. I think the Senators should release a jersey with their Movember logo on it. That'd be cool....

mustachSens_cmyk_RMD.png

edit: misread your post. Never the less, I don't think it's a Starter jersey crest as there are more than one of these Korean jerseys.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I don't think it's sewed on to an uncrested jersey. An uncrested jersey wouldn't have the CCM NHL tag.

edit: misread your post. Never the less, I don't think it's a Starter jersey crest as there are more than one of these Korean jerseys.

Ya, I edited my post too. I went down to my basement to check a Starter jersey I own, and it's not a Starter Crest. So ya like you mentioned, it's just a really cheap jersey they released. But that mirrored "S" on the shoulder is just too way out there. How could that even happen??????????????

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Not a Chinese knockoff, but a poor job. The name/numbers were probably done by some aftermarket sports store. As far as the shoulder crests, they are correctly pointed.

Now as far as that black moustache Korean jersey, I just don't know WTF that is......:amazed:

Only one of the shoulder patches is correct.

I did a quick mockup comparison, the top image is how the patch is suppose to look but the bottom image is what was used on one side of the jersey.

r9ilhu.jpg

Another difference with the shoulder patches is the black outline is way too thick.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sorry for not responding quicker, I've been downed with a real bad... sickness, of some sort (still not sure what it is).

Yeah, like others said, it's clearly a knockoff. That backwards "S" patch is hilarious.

Other giveaways that it's fake:
- the stripes on the sleeves are sewn on, they should be dye sublimated all the way down (ie: one solid piece of fabric, not multiple pieces sewn together)
- That font... eww.
- CCM has never embroidered patches directly onto the jersey.... they are made as separate patches and then sewn on after. Starter did, but CCM/KOHO didn't.

All that being said, it's actually one of the better pre-Edge counterfeit jerseys I've seen in a long time.

Turris the Turret

Do it for Rundblad
Mar 22, 2012
Ottawa
Jacques Martin's wife took Alfie's stick that he ordered from Sweden back in 2001 or something like that and gave it to me. I also have a jersey signed by the whole team. I will post pictures when I get home.

bobbyp6565

4th Line Goon
Sep 8, 2013
Baltimore, MD
My Sens -

All are gameworn -

1994-1995 Bill Huard Home

2002-2003 Chris Neil Home

2003-2004 Chris Neil Home - repaired & reinforced neck

2006-2007 Brian McGrattan 3rd - neck repairs & shortened fight strap

2010-2011 Matt Carkner 3rd

Also have game-used sticks of Matt Carkner, Chris Neil, Rob Ray and Andre Roy all from their Sens days and a game-used & auto'd Brian McGrattan Sens helmet

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
All are gameworn -

1994-1995 Bill Huard Home

2002-2003 Chris Neil Home

2003-2004 Chris Neil Home - repaired & reinforced neck

2006-2007 Brian McGrattan 3rd - neck repairs & shortened fight strap

2010-2011 Matt Carkner 3rd

Also have game-used sticks of Matt Carkner, Chris Neil, Rob Ray and Andre Roy all from their Sens days and a game-used & auto'd Brian McGrattan Sens helmet

Fond of the fighters, are we? Nice collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad