OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So upon trying on the Adidas pros, they fit WAY tighter than the old RBK ones.

Whatever your old size was, go up by one size, at least.

I think I had a PSA warning in my other post about Adizero jerseys concerning dad bods and man boobs but I took it out before posting in fear of sounding too weird....which might be a first for a post of mine here. (not saying you have man boobs, I just mean in general)

They are really form fitting. Going up a size doesn't help much I don't think, as in they can be a bit baggier, but they still sort of cling to you, and then unless you're a giant (pretty sure you're a confirmed giant, but I mean you as in everybody in general), then the sleeves are too long.

I don't mind the form fitting jersey, but I don't get Adidas/Reeboks obsession with taking jerseys which were always salvation for fat men (look at Kevin Smith) and trying to turn them into something that only work well for lean people. I guess a hoody can be worn under them.

#hockeyjerseysateverysize

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Jersey just arrived.

Are the numbers supposed to be a super thin single stitch instead of layers? That's equivalent to the jerseys the players wore?

Seems like they super cheaped out on the quality of the numbers and the captain C. It isn't bubbly, but super thin and flexible like what you'd expect from a chinese knockoff.

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Jersey just arrived.

Are the numbers supposed to be a super thin single stitch instead of layers? That's equivalent to the jerseys the players wore?

Seems like they super cheaped out on the quality of the numbers and the captain C. It isn't bubbly, but super thin and flexible like what you'd expect from a chinese knockoff.

I was advised at the time of purchase that at least through the Sens store that I couldn't get an EK red 100 classic with "proper" numbers unless I had it done via the customized method where they ship it off, they claimed the initial runs of the high selling jerseys/players had the thicker numbering as you described however all shipments after came with the thinner lettering, i went with the thinner lettering as at the time the cost difference was decent enough...ive found the employees knowledge on the more intricate details about this stuff like the difference between materials extremely disappointing.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Sadly, yes. That's what we're wearing on our home & away jerseys. You probably got the legit kit.

I did a massive search of game-worn jerseys over the past 2 seasons, and I discovered that even on the ice, the official numbers are single-layer twill with the 2nd colour screened sublimated on and those perforations through the 2nd inset "layer". I mean... MAYBE the single layer is supposed to be thicker? But even on game worns, it's one layer of twill, not multiple layers.

They should still be stitched, but yeah, that's what they actually wear on the ice. You didn't get unfairly shipped a bad custom job, they're just all shockingly that flimsy... but maybe that helps the players because it allows for more mobility? :dunno:

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Jersey just arrived.

Yes.

These are jerseys factory customized by Adidas. The material stinks. Reebok/Adidas has been using it on most of their factory jerseys since Premiers first came out.

It's usually NHL.com/big chains that stock them, so it is not as well known because most places that specialize in jerseys order/sell blanks and make added profit by doing the customization themselves, which they use twill for.

It is still a great deal at 50 dollars for a newish jersey design. Especially for the Heritage.

The numbers are the worst though.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Sadly, yes. That's what we're wearing on our home & away jerseys. You probably got the legit kit.

I did a massive search of game-worn jerseys over the past 2 seasons, and I discovered that even on the ice, the official numbers are single-layer twill with the 2nd colour screened on and those perforations through the 2nd inset "layer". I mean... MAYBE the single layer is supposed to be thicker? But even on game worns, it's one layer of twill, not multiple layers.

They should still be stitched, but yeah, that's what they actually wear on the ice. You didn't get unfairly shipped a bad custom job, they're just all shockingly that flimsy... but maybe that helps the players because it allows for more mobility? :dunno:

The stuff on the ice is sublimated, but it's actually a form of twill right?

I don't mind the single layer with sublimation, what bothers me about these numbers is that the material is terrible. I am pretty sure it is the same material they use for the shoulder crests on Premier jerseys. It wrinkles so easily.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The stuff on the ice is sublimated, but it's actually a form of twill right?

I don't mind the single layer with sublimation, what bothers me about these numbers is that the material is terrible. I am pretty sure it is the same material they use for the shoulder crests on Premier jerseys. It wrinkles so easily.

Sorry, yeah, I meant sublimated, not screened. Screened would be awful. At least sublimated numbers make slightly more sense.

Agreed - the material is bad. I'd love to be able to hold a game-worn in my hands to do a direct compare.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
most places that specialize in jerseys order/sell blanks and make added profit by doing the customization themselves, which they use twill for.

Almost nobody will be cutting their own Senators numbers though... Not with that many perforations in the interior "layer". Unless they are using a laser cutter. And even then, the dye sublimated numbers presents another issue that most shops won't ever bother replicating on their own.

Most shops will just order kits from Stahls, who have a history of going with much lighter weight twill anyways, so it's mostly all the same in the end.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Okay thank you for the details @BonkTastic @danielpalfredsson and @Upgrayedd

I was considering finding a store to remove these numbers and add the "real" ones, but if these are the real ones as it is, then no need thankfully. My hope is to get this jersey (since it is my first authentic in a very long time), signed by Karlsson and then shadow boxed. I wouldn't want him signing "fake" numbers.

Just caught me off guard when I removed the jersey, since they are so thin, my other jerseys have multi-layered stiff number (Reeboks custom numbers). I'm also glad that the Centennial doesn't have the 'breathing holes' in the numbers, looks much cleaner without them.

Jnd2BNT.jpg

a7twGQV.jpg
m5JG9CN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad