Official Jake Guentzel we miss you thread

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Don't disagree on Rust, but that's kind of my point. Without Jake, we really NEED Rust to be the high end guy he has been or strike it hot with Zucker, McCann, Sheary, Horny, etc.

Lots of solid depth, but don't really have a go to scorer.

Exactly. When Rust is your best goal scoring winger...you got some problems.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
tenor.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Rust has 24 goals in 48 games. Where is the love?

Rust scored 22 of them in like the first 35 games. He's been as snake bit as the rest of the wack-a-mole gang the past 10 or so games.

There are three forwards on this roster who I'd bet my savings they can score 25+ goals in a season (assuming health) in Sid, Geno and Jake. IMO, Rust isn't one of them yet until he proves the 35 game stretch is the new Rust and not what he's been the rest of his career.

Reactions: Andy99

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Rust scored 22 of them in like the first 35 games. He's been as snake bit as the rest of the wack-a-mole gang the past 10 or so games.

There are three forwards on this roster who I'd bet my savings they can score 25+ goals in a season (assuming health) in Sid, Geno and Jake. IMO, Rust isn't one of them yet until he proves the 35 game stretch is the new Rust and not what he's been the rest of his career.

What bothers me against a team like Washington is that they have a ton of players who are a) durable and b) capable of filling the net.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Sadly agree. Zucker I think has good odds over the course of a full year here though.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

I mean, that's just Rust. He's great, but he's a streaky scorer like most guys in the league. If he was capable of continuing the 22g in 35gp pace, he'd be making Jake-tier money or more.

Sure doesn't help that we're forcing him to the LW lately though.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

This is why it’s beyond frustrating with Jake out that Sid and G insist on not shooting while making drop passes to JJ to get a shot off...for god’s sake, you’re extraordinarily talented—shoot the damn puck!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thread is a good reminder that we are short a huge contributor.

Take Pastrnak or Marchand off Boston.
Take Kucherov off Tampa.
Take Matthews or Marner off Toronto.

Jake's the equivalent off our forward group and a massive reason why my expectations are lower/more even keeled going into a potential playoff run this year.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Thread is a good reminder that we are short a huge contributor.

Take Pastrnak or Marchand off Boston.
Take Kucherov off Tampa.
Take Matthews or Marner off Toronto.

Jake's the equivalent off our forward group and a massive reason why my expectations are lower/more even keeled going into a potential playoff run this year.

We still have these clowns though. Which the other teams can’t touch if you take one of the guys you mentioned above.

00150e9df3fc6a85d040e59ed1783e91.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Haha I was mad I couldn’t find the big version. I’ve posted it before but I didn’t save in my google collections
Get a load of millenial boy over here, "Save it in my Google Collections..."

I am trying to remember which episode that one is, I haven't seen the latest episode from this week yet, I was just happy to see Jason Mantzoukas back for an episode, that bloke is such a nutter, he was my fav character in The League, until it got too out there and I gave up on it. That bloke is low key hilarious in everything he's in, he was hilarious in The Dictator as well.

Back to Jake - Is there any news on him? Has he even begun his rehabilitation yet or still slinging it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad