Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
FB_IMG_1582771689002.jpg

Pls come back :(

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I remember when we had more than a couple of players who could pick the corners and not just wack pucks in the general direction of the goalie and hope for the best.

And those players aren’t picking corners consistently enough...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When exactly was this?

Jake? Phil when he was still useful in the 2017 Cup run? That 2017 team was able to win despite getting caved in possession wise because they had enough high end skill to finish the limited chances they were able to generate.

Right now, the only two guys who have the ability to consistently "pick the corners" are Sid and Geno. And honestly, right now Sid's still getting back up to speed and doesn't seem to consistently be able to get into a position to do that right now. The rest of the guys just seem to fire and hope for the best.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Jake? Phil when he was still useful in the 2017 Cup run? That 2017 team was able to win despite getting caved in possession wise because they had enough high end skill to finish the limited chances they were able to generate.

Right now, the only two guys who have the ability to consistently "pick the corners" are Sid and Geno. And honestly, right now Sid's still getting back up to speed and doesn't seem to consistently be able to get into a position to do that right now. The rest of the guys just seem to fire and hope for the best.

Found one

e47921f96efb5e16121e3cf72abb3573.gif

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Rust has 24 goals in 48 games. Where is the love?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Who is Guentzel? I haven't heard his name all year.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Rust has 24 goals in 48 games. Where is the love?

How many lately? He's had an incredible season, but has 2 ES goals since Jan 19th. Not sure which Rust we will get down the stretch and in playoffs, but we need the guy from earlier in the year to go on a long run.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Rust had an absolutely phenomenal first half, but that wasn't sustainable. It was inevitable that he come back down to earth.

He's a great complementary winger, but he's not a high end goal scorer.
Rust is as close to high end scorer as we have...(without Jake in the line up). I had high hopes that Zucker may become one playing along Sid, jury's still out, but kind of preparing myself for a MEH zone....

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Rust is as close to high end scorer as we have...(without Jake in the line up). I had high hopes that Zucker may become one playing along Sid, jury's still out, but kind of preparing myself for a MEH zone....

Don't disagree on Rust, but that's kind of my point. Without Jake, we really NEED Rust to be the high end guy he has been or strike it hot with Zucker, McCann, Sheary, Horny, etc.

Lots of solid depth, but don't really have a go to scorer.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad