OT: Official HF Bruins Board Pet Thread

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Yesterday Miss Piper had her dental cleaning, and little did she or us know that she had to have 7 extractions. After the x-rays they were compacted so out they came. She went in around 12:45 and was out around 3:15 so that's a long time for a smaller dog. We picked were scheduled to pick her up around 4:30 but we had to go over what she had done including her meds. and feeding instructions. We left with her around 4:45 and every time she walked, she would cry and whine. this is a pic of her on her couch shortly after we got home.
piperaftersurgery.jpg
As you can see by looking at the pic she was very groggy and still out of it. She would not eat or drink yesterday, but I am happy to say she ate her breakfast which is all soft foods, and the whining has stopped, and she is acting somewhat normal again. I am just glad this is behind us, and I wonder what she will think is going on when we go back to the animal hospital for her 2-week check-up. She loves going there but I wonder about now after a day like yesterday. Love our Little Piper!!!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yesterday Miss Piper had her dental cleaning, and little did she or us know that she had to have 7 extractions. After the x-rays they were compacted so out they came. She went in around 12:45 and was out around 3:15 so that's a long time for a smaller dog. We picked were scheduled to pick her up around 4:30 but we had to go over what she had done including her meds. and feeding instructions. We left with her around 4:45 and every time she walked, she would cry and whine. this is a pic of her on her couch shortly after we got home.
View attachment 822681As you can see by looking at the pic she was very groggy and still out of it. She would not eat or drink yesterday, but I am happy to say she ate her breakfast which is all soft foods, and the whining has stopped, and she is acting somewhat normal again. I am just glad this is behind us, and I wonder what she will think is going on when we go back to the animal hospital for her 2-week check-up. She loves going there but I wonder about now after a day like yesterday. Love our Little Piper!!!!
That is good! I cannot see the image but when it is working I will check her out!

I see her now...very cute

Last edited:
Reactions: eightspokedb

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I've been putting off writing about this....We had to put our pup Rue down last month as well. She had basically stopped eating, and then collapsed while walking around the house one night. It was just time.

She was 14.5

The house has been way too quiet without her, and I miss her so much.

My heart breaks for my son, he's 4 and it's amazing how self aware he is about what happened without us really having to get to much into it. He's such a strong, smart little boy. He talks to a picture of her every night before bed and tells her how much he misses her, and while it's super sweet, it's also the saddest freaking thing I've ever seen.

1000000330.jpg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've been putting off writing about this....We had to put our pup Rue down last month as well. She had basically stopped eating, and then collapsed while walking around the house one night. It was just time.

She was 14.5

My heart breaks for my son, he's 4 and it's amazing how self aware he is about what happened without us really having to get to much into it. He's such a strong, smart little boy. He talks to a picture of her every night before bed and tells her how much he misses her, and while it's super sweet, it's also the saddest freaking thing I've ever seen.

View attachment 822702
I am so sorry for your loss.

• Love
Reactions: eightspokedb

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

She was 14.5

View attachment 822702
Aww, so sorry, especially for your little boy. :cry:

Did you get Rue as a puppy?

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator

She was 14.5

View attachment 822702
Sorry to hear and it is so hard losing a pet as they are a part of the family. She looks like our Piper as Miss Piper is a Cairn Terrier.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

She was 14.5

View attachment 822702

so sorry.
it’s always heartbreaking.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Aww, so sorry, especially for your little boy. :cry:

Did you get Rue as a puppy?
Nope, my wife found her roaming the streets at 2am in California.

She brought her back to her owner, but the owner clearly didn't want her, so she just ended up keeping her.

That little pup went from Tijuana to countless town in California, to MA. She had an interesting adventure.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Do not be fooled by these two’s sloth-like appearance. It’s a charade designed for you to let your guard down so that baked goods are left on the counter/table, unattended.

Criminal #1 on the left is the brains behind the operation. He goes high and knocks packaged goods off of counters and onto the floor. Criminal #2 on the right, is the muscle…He tears open the packaging so that both can split the loot 50-50. This notorious gang always strikes at night, while their victims sleep. Yesterday morning, it was a half a bag of bagels. Today, it was croissants. This is them sleeping off their food coma.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Do not be fooled by these two’s sloth-like appearance. It’s a charade designed for you to let your guard down so that baked goods are left on the counter/table, unattended.

Criminal #1 on the left is the brains behind the operation. He goes high and knocks packaged goods off of counters and onto the floor. Criminal #2 on the right, is the muscle…He tears open the packaging so that both can split the loot 50-50. This notorious gang always strikes at night, while their victims sleep. Yesterday morning, it was a half a bag of bagels. Today, it was croissants. This is them sleeping off their food coma.
What kind of bagels and croissants?

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
What kind of bagels and croissants?
Bagels were from the local grocer/deli. 2 and a half left over in a bag that was twist tied.

Croissants were from Whole Foods. 2 in a sealed, clear plastic container.

Caught the cat working on a box of crackers that he managed to get out of a closed pantry as well. He tried to do that one as a solo job, but couldn't get the box open before he got caught. Now he just uses his partner for the heavy lifting....

I never thought I'd have to put a child lock on a pantry door for a goddamn cat....

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bagels were from the local grocer/deli. 2 and a half left over in a bag that was twist tied.

Croissants were from Whole Foods. 2 in a sealed, clear plastic container.

Caught the cat working on a box of crackers that he managed to get out of a closed pantry as well. He tried to do that one as a solo job, but couldn't get the box open before he got caught. Now he just uses his partner for the heavy lifting....

I never thought I'd have to put a child lock on a pantry door for a goddamn cat....
That is one talented cat. I hope the child lock works.

Fresh local bagels are the absolute best

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

my cat and lab had a similar dynamic growing up. When everybody works towards a common goal great things can happen! 😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad