*OFFICIAL* Guelph Storm 2013-14 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
What a game!! What a series!! What a season!! Congrats Guelph Storm!!
Now I got a question for you Storm fans as well has Knight fans. What is the better clinching performance??:

Bo Horvat's Game 7 OHL Championship clinching goal with 0.1 seconds left.

OR

Kerby Rychel's 2 goals with 5 mins left to comeback and win the OHL Championship.

Despite being a Knights fan, I am impartial, and gotta say, we have been treated to two amazing OHL Championship series in a row.
Can't wait for the Memorial Cup tournament to start!!

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Congrats Guelph! I'll be following the Memorial Cup, and can't wait for it to start! (Even as a Spitfires fan lol)

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
2014 OHL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, what a series and what a game. Hats off to the boys who battled hard and played for a full 60 minutes again. There is no quit in these boys. Congratulations to Fabbri for being the OHL Playoff MVP. Could have gone to many different deserving players as there were so many to choose from.

Congrats to the Battalion, they battled hard and gave all of us a scare. A few more bounces there way and the series could have had a very different outcome.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRING ON THE MEMORIAL CUP!!!!!

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Well done Storm. The trade with Windsor really paid dividends in the game 3 and 5 wins. Glad that Mike Kelly went for it with that deal.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..best team won....I have supported North Bay teams since we played CJOY's or CMC's I believe POHA versus SOHA...Guelph well coached..disciplined talented team......I would like to see the team that bests them in London....do not thnk there will be one...Battalion brought hockey fever back to North Bay after a long time ..thx to them!!

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Congrats Storm, great season! It will be fun to see them up against the best in the W and the Q.
This team is solid top to bottom, true championship calibre.

ForestGlade

Paja Tipo Sombrero
May 16, 2011
Congratulations Storm fans, a very well deserved championship.

If any Storm fans want a DVD copy of Game 5 free of charge, just send me a PM and I'll send it out. Consider it a prize

Stormbringer

Sep 9, 2010
No disrespect to Erie or London, but North Bay will be the toughest test. North Bay are big and strong, play a tight defense first style (Boring Butler Hockey), have a good goalie and very good leadership. London and Erie have none of those characteristics. Guelph will win but it will not be easy.

Great effort from NB. Great teams find a way to win and Guelph did. Off to the Mem Cup. Cannot wait. Love this team. No excuses. Just win baby.:nod:

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Congrats to the Storm.Well deserved! Get the cup back for the O. By the way I missed the last two games so just wanted to know if the team is relatively unscathed/healthy going into the M cup.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
2 Ticket package avail for Memorial Cup round robin games. PM if interested. Not looking to mark up prices.
As well maybe single seat for Guelph vs Q or W

Storm21

Sep 25, 2013
Guelph
What a great run, but we are not done yet! London has had time to rest and plan, and we are about to face the best of the W & Q in a round robin tournament. No time to get emotionally invested, we need to play our best hockey all year, period. Third trip to the Memorial Cup and they haven't won yet, believe me London will stop at nothing to win this and avoid the embarrassment of losing three in a row. Who ever comes out of the west or the Q will be tough, that's why this is the toughest title to win in all of sports. Again the Storm are the deepest team and they need to play with urgency. If they do so, they will win the Memorial Cup, but there are two proven great teams and one team with tons of talent and a lot to prove standing in their way. Good luck Storm we are with you to the very end, you can do this!!!!!

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
What a great run, but we are not done yet! London has had time to rest and plan, and we are about to face the best of the W & Q in a round robin tournament. No time to get emotionally invested, we need to play our best hockey all year, period. Third trip to the Memorial Cup and they haven't won yet, believe me London will stop at nothing to win this and avoid the embarrassment of losing three in a row. Who ever comes out of the west or the Q will be tough, that's why this is the toughest title to win in all of sports. Again the Storm are the deepest team and they need to play with urgency. If they do so, they will win the Memorial Cup, but there are two proven great teams and one team with tons of talent and a lot to prove standing in their way. Good luck Storm we are with you to the very end, you can do this!!!!!

Actually this is the Storm fifth trip to the cup. There is only one team with proven talent, the Knight that have been in the cup the last two year , and there will be one new team from QMJH. in it this year. Portland is down three games to two, so there could be one new team from WHL this year in it.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Congrats to the Guelph Storm. They show a ton of character to respond after goals scored and obviously late in the 3rd they push hard. They appear to be tight-knit, they are deep and strong mentally. North Bay are over-acheiver's so much fight in them in Game 5. Just love the way these 2 teams play. Good luck at the Mem Cup. Congrats to #9 on MVP, he is a star, a humble, big game player, tough mentally, a leader. Has always been in the same class as Bennett and Dal Colle as a youth player and now. Always won championships and an OHL Cup and no surprise he has an OHL crown.

Stormbringer

Sep 9, 2010
Congrats to the Guelph Storm. They show a ton of character to respond after goals scored and obviously late in the 3rd they push hard. They appear to be tight-knit, they are deep and strong mentally. North Bay are over-acheiver's so much fight in them in Game 5. Just love the way these 2 teams play. Good luck at the Mem Cup. Congrats to #9 on MVP, he is a star, a humble, big game player, tough mentally, a leader. Has always been in the same class as Bennett and Dal Colle as a youth player and now. Always won championships and an OHL Cup and no surprise he has an OHL crown.

I concur. :yo::nod::handclap:

Digger001

May 2, 2014
Good Luck Storm!

Good Luck at the Mem Cup!---Please beat London and put them in there place. North Bay Fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce