Hunt - Acciari - Pitlick
Wallmark

Trade/buy-out Sceviour

Krug - Ekblad
Dillon - Weegar
Stillman - Stralman
Priskie/Djuse

Trade Yandle and Matheson
Wallmark is going to be in our lineup and rightfully so.

Reactions: MintyFresh88

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
My wish list for D:

Keith-Ekblad
Dillon-Demelo
Zadorov-Weegar
Stillman

traded: Matheson, Yandle, Stralman

up front:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Hoffman
Connolly-Staal-Tippett
Vatrano-Acciari-Denisenko
Frolik-Walmark-Reaves

traded: Sceviour

don’t know if that could work within the cap, but that’s my fantasy lineup as of now

Reactions: Rahooji

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
My wish list for D:

Keith-Ekblad
Dillon-Demelo
Zadorov-Weegar
Stillman

traded: Matheson, Yandle, Stralman

up front:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Hoffman
Connolly-Staal-Tippett
Vatrano-Acciari-Denisenko
Frolik-Walmark-Reaves

traded: Sceviour

don’t know if that could work within the cap, but that’s my fantasy lineup as of now

You guys living in 2013?

Duncan Keith on the top pair! He really isn't top pairing material these days.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
You guys living in 2013?

Duncan Keith on the top pair! He really isn't top pairing material these days.
I wouldn’t say weegar is “top pair” but we make it work. I know what Keith is now but he’d still be a good leader for the team, a good partner for Ekblad since having Mitchell before, and blackhawks fans were still saying he’s a 2nd line D on a bad night and still solid defensively. If that’s true then I’d like to have him on the squad. I know he’s not a “1st line” D.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Florida seems to like their Russians...

As such how would you feel about acquiring Zadorov and/or Kamenev from Colorado?

Zadorov would probably cost about a 2nd + 3rd, or 3rd+Kolyachonook (if he's available?).

Kamenev is a bit stuck in Colorado's depth chart, but can be a solid 3C in the right situation. I figure that he'd be a good low-key replacement for Haula if he leaves in UFA. A 3rd or maybe 4th gets it done.

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Florida seems to like their Russians...

As such how would you feel about acquiring Zadorov and/or Kamenev from Colorado?

Zadorov would probably cost about a 2nd + 3rd, or 3rd+Kolyachonook (if he's available?).

Kamenev is a bit stuck in Colorado's depth chart, but can be a solid 3C in the right situation. I figure that he'd be a good low-key replacement for Haula if he leaves in UFA. A 3rd or maybe 4th gets it done.

I don't think Tallon will trade Kolyachonok at this point. He was the first player from last year's draft that they signed to an ELC and they seem pretty high on him. Not to mention, Tallon historically very rarely trades D-men that he drafts into system (especially this soon).

Regarding Kamenev...with Trocheck gone and Haula becoming a UFA, I'm not sure what the plan is down the middle past Barkov at this point. I think ideally Tallon would like Borgstrom at 2C and Wallmark/Acciari at 3/4 C, but who knows.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I don't think Tallon will trade Kolyachonok at this point. He was the first player from last year's draft that they signed to an ELC and they seem pretty high on him. Not to mention, Tallon historically very rarely trades D-men that he drafts into system (especially this soon).

Regarding Kamenev...with Trocheck gone and Haula becoming a UFA, I'm not sure what the plan is down the middle past Barkov at this point. I think ideally Tallon would like Borgstrom at 2C and Wallmark/Acciari at 3/4 C, but who knows.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your insights.

I think you're probably right about Kolyachonook. That said, if Florida wants to push to win sooner rather than later (which seems to be the case given the big signing of Bobrovsky last summer, among other moves) then perhaps they go for an established guy over waiting 3 years for Kolyachonook to be ready.

With that in mind, do you think Zadorov could be a good fit in Florida in general, or are you already set at LHD with Yandle and Matheson and a cheaper guy on the 3rd pairing? Yandle is 33 so it might be time to start phasing him out perhaps? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your insights.

I think you're probably right about Kolyachonook. That said, if Florida wants to push to win sooner rather than later (which seems to be the case given the big signing of Bobrovsky last summer, among other moves) then perhaps they go for an established guy over waiting 3 years for Kolyachonook to be ready.

With that in mind, do you think Zadorov could be a good fit in Florida in general, or are you already set at LHD with Yandle and Matheson and a cheaper guy on the 3rd pairing? Yandle is 33 so it might be time to start phasing him out perhaps? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Matheson and a mid-round pick for Zadorov.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Matheson and a mid-round pick for Zadorov.
Colorado have too many LHD as it is (i.e. Girard/Graves/Zadorov/Cole/Byram), so simply swapping Zadorov for another LHD would defeat the purpose of trading him.

Avs also need to be mindful of protection slots in the Expansion draft, which is why a futures-based return would be ideal.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Colorado have too many LHD as it is (i.e. Girard/Graves/Zadorov/Cole/Byram), so simply swapping Zadorov for another LHD would defeat the purpose of trading him.

Avs also need to be mindful of protection slots in the Expansion draft, which is why a futures-based return would be ideal.

Doesn't seem like a good fit for the Panthers. They already have an RFA d-man looking for a raise (Weegar) and are signing Sergeyev from KHL as well. Don't think it makes sense to add Zadorov at this point. They would have to trade a Yandle, Matheson or Stralman elsewhere to even consider it.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Doesn't seem like a good fit for the Panthers. They already have an RFA d-man looking for a raise (Weegar) and are signing Sergeyev from KHL as well. Don't think it makes sense to add Zadorov at this point. They would have to trade a Yandle, Matheson or Stralman elsewhere to even consider it.
What sort of trade value do Yandle / Matheson / Stralman have? Are Florida keen to get rid of any of them in general?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
What sort of trade value do Yandle / Matheson / Stralman have? Are Florida keen to get rid of any of them in general?

Most of us think at least 1 of Yandle/Matheson are gone. Both trades would be difficult in their own right. With a Matheson trade, we would likely have to add a sweetener and/or retain salary, plus take back some salary. Same can be said for Yandle, although he has trade protection as well, so that could pose more difficulty.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yandle needs to go. Just get it done, sit him if you have to. The last thing I want to see is having to protect him in the expansion draft on top of watching him play. Matheson at least is exempt.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If we're talking about lineups for next season:

Huberdeau - Barkov - Tippett
Hoffman - Borgstrom - Toffoli
Vatrano - Lammikko - Connolly
Hunt - Acciari - Pitlick
Wallmark

Trade/buy-out Sceviour

Krug - Ekblad
Dillon - Weegar
Stillman - Stralman
Priskie/Djuse

Trade Yandle and Matheson

If we’re going into next season with those guys as our 2 and 3 centers we might as well just forfeit because we won’t be making the playoffs.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Coach Q prefers Matheson over Yandle in the top four. Vigneault also relegated him to third pairing in NY. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Because two coaches played him at their discretion? What about Gretzky and Tippett who had him playing top minutes? Still waiting for your answer on how he’s terrible.

He’s a #2-4 defenseman on just about every team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad