Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I’m not disagreeing but Reinhart is a center type player who is a good defensively. Yes for sure it would be an adjustment but Tro plays center pretty poorly so I don’t think Reinhart would be worse.

Reinhart's FO stats are minimal so it would be a big downgrade in that regard at least. I might be wrong but if he's only played wing the first five years in the nhl, I don't see him switching back anymore.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Any good centers available out there? I think for us to take that next step we need at least a legit 2C and a D and we should be good.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Any good centers available out there? I think for us to take that next step we need at least a legit 2C and a D and we should be good.
Good centers rarely come available. The best at this time is Pageau from the Senators and he's more of a #3.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Granlund isn't producing in Nashville, but he is still playing extremely well. He'd be a big improvement over Toninato would could go back to the fourth line. He'd probably cost less than Pageau as well but he might not be available yet since I'd guess that Nashville would wait until the deadline to see if they are out of it.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
If we really go after another 2nd Line Center or could we choose, first thing came in my Mind. A better Teamplayer and taller one would help this Line.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
If we really go after another 2nd Line Center or could we choose, first thing came in my Mind. A better Teamplayer and taller one would help this Line.

Get Vatanen

Where's the cap space to acquire this?

I don't think a lot of people realize how difficult it will be for us to add anything significant at the deadline unless we move out a Hoffman or a Matheson (extremely difficult contract to trade, especially in-season).

Our deadline cap space is $141,250 as of now...good luck getting much of anything done with that.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

I don't think a lot of people realize how difficult it will be for us to add anything significant at the deadline unless we move out a Hoffman or a Matheson (extremely difficult contract to trade, especially in-season).

Our deadline cap space is $141,250 as of now...good luck getting much of anything done with that.

There's options, for example you ask NJD to eat 50% of Vatanen's salary and send Pysyk back. That's enough to clear space. You can also send Hawk and Malgin down if needed. Or Brown. And ofc there are other trade options.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

That's because Dreidger is currently on LTIR. Once he is taken off of it, the cap space will increase to about 2 million.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Tallon wants someone to pair with Ekblad, and he even said how matheson has ups and downs and needs to stop having so many downs (essentially). It’d be a very Tallon thing, but one Id be totally fine with, us it we could swing a matheson for Keith deal. Neither team has cap to work with so we’d have to include sceviour and retain on him for it to equal out, or if the Blackhawks make another trade before to clear up some room. Matheson is younger and cheaper, though with twice as many years left. But Keith, although not as good as before, could still be a solid mentor for Ekblad.

Otherwise there’s Dillon? Because demelo and Manson are both RD. So idk who else would fit that bill. Brodin?

And then also swap Yandle if possible, and bring it one of those 3 or 4 mentioned earlier. That’d be a huge shift for the D Corp. unrealistic, but hopefully they don’t only add a D but replace one of the existing D

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Are you sure? We activate Driedger and send down Monty and it's almost a wash? Where's 2 million coming from?
Driedger's cap hit is 850k. Not two million. Plus you have to pro rate it.
The rules when it comes to accruing cap space are funky when LTIR is involved. Essentially, while a player is on LTIR, your cap space is only increased by the amount of the player's salary on LTIR. You can't use accrued cap space when LTIR is in use. Once the Panthers no longer have a player on LTIR, their cap space will go back to what they had already accrued which was around 2 million. I'm not an expert on the cap so the explanation isn't perfect, but I'm 99% sure I'm right that once Drediger is taken off LTIR, the deadline cap space will jump up to around 2.2 million.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Not like several years ago, but still a decent 2nd pairing guy.

I wonder if we can swing two deals.

One for Vat and the other for Martinez

Vatanen - Ekblad
Martinez - Weegar
Yandle - Stralman

Stillman

Vatanen is on an expiring deal.

Matheson and Martinez salaries match, so maybe add a kicker to get that done.

Vatanen will be more of a premium though.

That or do a package of Vatanen and maybe Simmonds (I know he has bad stats this year, but who doesnt on New Jersey?), get us a nice defender and a tough winger. That is a lot of salary coming in though at 9M, prorated at about 2.25 million at the TDL

I dont know, but something needs to happen

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Saw this in the comments on Spectors (I think, my memory isn't that great sometimes) and thought it interesting. Figured I'd bring it here to see what the group thought. The salaries actually work and it's in the ballpark value-wise I think unless AZ is on Hoff's list.

To FLA:
Hjalmarsson
Grabner (10% retention)

To AZ:
Hoffman
Pysyk

Flame away!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Saw this in the comments on Spectors (I think, my memory isn't that great sometimes) and thought it interesting. Figured I'd bring it here to see what the group thought. The salaries actually work and it's in the ballpark value-wise I think unless AZ is on Hoff's list.

To FLA:
Hjalmarsson
Grabner (10% retention)

To AZ:
Hoffman
Pysyk

Flame away!

No way Jose.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

To FLA:
Hjalmarsson
Grabner (10% retention)

To AZ:
Hoffman
Pysyk

Flame away!
Today is 2020, not 2013.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I wonder if we can swing two deals.

One for Vat and the other for Martinez

Vatanen - Ekblad
Martinez - Weegar
Yandle - Stralman

Stillman

Vatanen is on an expiring deal.

Matheson and Martinez salaries match, so maybe add a kicker to get that done.

Vatanen will be more of a premium though.

That or do a package of Vatanen and maybe Simmonds (I know he has bad stats this year, but who doesnt on New Jersey?), get us a nice defender and a tough winger. That is a lot of salary coming in though at 9M, prorated at about 2.25 million at the TDL

I dont know, but something needs to happen

Neither of them is top dman which Dale is after. Just the fact they are available doesn't give room for the mental gymnastics that would allow them to be viewed as top pairing defensemen. Who knows if Viola is already preparing the next GM to take over after the season is done by not allowing any big, long term contractual agreements getting acceptance and Dale is just blabbering empty promises in nhl.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad