Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
What package do you think talking would have submitted to Toronto for a starting point of a deal for nylander. Obviously we would have to shed salary prospect pick(s). It's known that we were interested in him, ehlers at the draft. Only to get gifted the first pick.

For fun what do you think talking could offer

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I agree. Just wishful thinking on my part. They'd be after Trocheck and that's a no go until Borgstrom is ready.

Jets fan here. I’d say your somewhat correct here. Or else they would want Borgstrom himself.
Although the reason I’m on your board was to see what is going on with Ekblad. I see he isn’t putting up a lot of numbers offensively and some posters seem down on him. If the panthers could get Trouba on cheaper cap hit than Ekblad, is that a 1 for 1 deal that’s of interest?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Jets fan here. I’d say your somewhat correct here. Or else they would want Borgstrom himself.
Although the reason I’m on your board was to see what is going on with Ekblad. I see he isn’t putting up a lot of numbers offensively and some posters seem down on him. If the panthers could get Trouba on cheaper cap hit than Ekblad, is that a 1 for 1 deal that’s of interest?
I don't think Tallon would make a move for Trouba if he isn't signed. I don't see him taking that type of risk and also sending away one of his marquee pick.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I would do that every day of the week. Ekblad would probably be much better on a team like the jets where they wouldn't need to rely on him as hard as we do.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I don't think Tallon would make a move for Trouba if he isn't signed. I don't see him taking that type of risk and also sending away one of his marquee pick.
I agree there would have to be a favourable contract agreement agreed to by Florida before this could happen.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Me personally, I probably pull the trigger 1 for 1. I'd love to add some physicality to our top 4 D. I'd assume our first round pick this year will be used on a defenseman whether in a trade or at the draft as our forward core and prospects look great.

Do I think Tallon would trade Ekblad? No. I'd overpay in picks to get Trouba here with Ekblad but just dont see a deal done without one of Trocheck or Borgstrom being involved.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
More Friendman on Nylander to FLA -- Friedman on Nylander, Panthers’ internal pressure to win

The December 1 deadline looms for William Nylander and the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Elliotte Friedman had a Tuesday afternoon radio hit on Vancouver’s Sportsnet 650, and was asked if he knew of any movement related to the restricted free agent..
“Not as far as I can tell. Not as far as I can tell,” indicated Friedman. “Not contract-wise. We’ll see if this ends up being a bridge deal at the end, but I don’t see anything as far as I can tell.
“I’m really curious about trade partners too. I think there’s a few teams interested, but I think Toronto knows it’s still got a good player and wants to get a lot for him.”
Friedman was asked about the possibility of the Florida Panthers on the trade front, and whether or not they might have the needed assets for such a deal.
“My question with Florida is not the assets - it’s how much do they want to pay him,” countered Friedman. “If you take a look at their guys, they’ve got a lot of good, long-term contracts signed there. Barkov is just under $6 million, Huberdeau is in the same area. If this is a guy who’s looking between 7 and 8, maybe settling in the 7 or low 7s, that’s going to be more than your best players. And I could see some teams being resistant of that.
“So to me, I think Florida probably could do it. I think they would have some pieces Toronto would want. But I’m not sure that salary-wise that’s what the Panthers would want to do.”
Aleksander Barkov is in the third season of a six-year, $35.4 million pact that carries a $5.9 million cap hit.
Jonathan Huberdeau is in the second season of his six-year, $35.4 million contract.
As the conversation continued on 650, Friedman was asked if there were any other players they could target for trade.
“Because Florida feels like it’s in a situation where it’s been too many years of, ‘Oh well, this happened so we didn’t make it this time,’ and that there’s a real - urgency might be the wrong word - but a real push to have something happen this season.”
“I agree with that,” replied Friedman. “I think there’s a lot of pressure there. I think they feel it.
“Luongo, for example, wasn’t supposed to come back in Finland, and when they lost that first game he charged back and played the second one. And he basically single-handedly put them back in the playoff hunt, even early in the year.
“So yes, I do think there’s a lot of internal pressure there. I would not be surprised at all if they’re looking around pretty seriously. But Trocheck is going to be a hard guy to replace. It’s going to be hard to find somebody who can do what guy did without really subtracting from your team.
“So you’re looking at losing Trocheck, and then you’re looking at losing whatever you have to lose to get him back - or something like him back. There’s not a lot of teams that can do that. I think it’s going to be very hard for them to do that and pay the salary that Nylander is going to be asking.
“But I do believe that Florida is looking at this year as, ‘We’ve got to get there, or there could be consequences.’”

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
More Friendman on Nylander to FLA -- Friedman on Nylander, Panthers’ internal pressure to win

The December 1 deadline looms for William Nylander and the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Elliotte Friedman had a Tuesday afternoon radio hit on Vancouver’s Sportsnet 650, and was asked if he knew of any movement related to the restricted free agent..
“Not as far as I can tell. Not as far as I can tell,” indicated Friedman. “Not contract-wise. We’ll see if this ends up being a bridge deal at the end, but I don’t see anything as far as I can tell.
“I’m really curious about trade partners too. I think there’s a few teams interested, but I think Toronto knows it’s still got a good player and wants to get a lot for him.”
Friedman was asked about the possibility of the Florida Panthers on the trade front, and whether or not they might have the needed assets for such a deal.
“My question with Florida is not the assets - it’s how much do they want to pay him,” countered Friedman. “If you take a look at their guys, they’ve got a lot of good, long-term contracts signed there. Barkov is just under $6 million, Huberdeau is in the same area. If this is a guy who’s looking between 7 and 8, maybe settling in the 7 or low 7s, that’s going to be more than your best players. And I could see some teams being resistant of that.
“So to me, I think Florida probably could do it. I think they would have some pieces Toronto would want. But I’m not sure that salary-wise that’s what the Panthers would want to do.”
Aleksander Barkov is in the third season of a six-year, $35.4 million pact that carries a $5.9 million cap hit.
Jonathan Huberdeau is in the second season of his six-year, $35.4 million contract.
As the conversation continued on 650, Friedman was asked if there were any other players they could target for trade.
“Because Florida feels like it’s in a situation where it’s been too many years of, ‘Oh well, this happened so we didn’t make it this time,’ and that there’s a real - urgency might be the wrong word - but a real push to have something happen this season.”
“I agree with that,” replied Friedman. “I think there’s a lot of pressure there. I think they feel it.
“Luongo, for example, wasn’t supposed to come back in Finland, and when they lost that first game he charged back and played the second one. And he basically single-handedly put them back in the playoff hunt, even early in the year.
“So yes, I do think there’s a lot of internal pressure there. I would not be surprised at all if they’re looking around pretty seriously. But Trocheck is going to be a hard guy to replace. It’s going to be hard to find somebody who can do what guy did without really subtracting from your team.
“So you’re looking at losing Trocheck, and then you’re looking at losing whatever you have to lose to get him back - or something like him back. There’s not a lot of teams that can do that. I think it’s going to be very hard for them to do that and pay the salary that Nylander is going to be asking.
“But I do believe that Florida is looking at this year as, ‘We’ve got to get there, or there could be consequences.’”
Interesting. We don’t need another forward. I’d rather get a top 4 d-man if there’s urgency to win and possibly another goalie.

Tro makes things tricky but we’re better off hoping someone steps up than making a trade.

Nylander solves nothing

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’m against paying goaltenders 8+ per type money, but when you look at it we’re spending 7.934 on goaltenders right now between Luongo and Reimer. If Monty had a good season maybe he can promoted to backup. Bob is currently on a 7.43 per contract? Last year of that. Wonder if he’d do 7.5-7.75 per on a 6yr deal considering the taxes here compared to other states? A lot of teams will want him, but I wonder what some teams will offer in terms of years and cap hit.

They’d only trade him at the deadline if they were clearly out of the race, otherwise they’ll hang on and let him walk.

Would rather panarin though

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oilers fan coming in peace..

What would you guys ask for from our team for Mccann? We need a 3c and I love Jared's tools. Also interested in Sceviour if you would trade him. Thanks guys.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Chiarelli wants to be bold between now and the deadline. Maybe we can offer Petrovic as the puck moving defenseman the Oilers are after. :naughty:

You offer him as one thing that always work on Canadian Teams.
He is a tough Edmonton Guy. That town and state thing works always.

You better don't mention any skills or they will look some material from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad