Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
name a better d man that we have. and name a better d man thats available at his price.
@Jakeybonz
Yandle turned into that guy.

I was most critical of Keith Yandle when he became a Ranger. A Coyotes fan at open hockey was like "oh yeah you'll see" and I saw why as he left Hank open big time, joining a long line of stat altering defensemen. I'm talking Rozsival Redden level as a NYR.

Girardi may have screened Hank for most of the goals he was own the ice for, but at least he was there.

I was most critical of Yandle his first season here. More of the same. Put points on the board but caused a lot. Then last year, he came home from camp looking like he gave a shit about his own net and it sure AF didn't go unnoticed.

Ekblad, when he forgets about the possibility of falling victim to physical part of this game, and at his age, I think is fit to be better for a goalie than McDonagh as he goes.

Shattenkirk is where Yandle was until I see him play otherwise. I'll be happy to say so.

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Habs fan here, I think you have a very strong line-up up front with the add of Hoffman and Borgstrom but I think your D might need another top 4 defenseman, would you be willing to trade your first pick for Jeff Petry? Habs are in a rebuild process and I think your team can really rock this year with an improved blueline... Petry is a very nice second pairing defenseman who can play alot of minutes and face strong opposition, can be an interesting option for the 2nd PP unit... what do you guys think about that?

We have Weegar and MacDonald now who may have that top4 upside, I think they'll wait and see if they can fill that hole internally.

But like others said what we really need is a top pairing guy. I don't see much interest in Petry at this point.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
We have Weegar and MacDonald now who may have that top4 upside, I think they'll wait and see if they can fill that hole internally.

But like others said what we really need is a top pairing guy. I don't see much interest in Petry at this point.
If we get a top pairing guy, it has to be someone who enables one of the ones we got.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
@Jakeybonz
Yandle turned into that guy.

I was most critical of Keith Yandle when he became a Ranger. A Coyotes fan at open hockey was like "oh yeah you'll see" and I saw why as he left Hank open big time, joining a long line of stat altering defensemen. I'm talking Rozsival Redden level as a NYR.

Girardi may have screened Hank for most of the goals he was own the ice for, but at least he was there.

I was most critical of Yandle his first season here. More of the same. Put points on the board but caused a lot. Then last year, he came home from camp looking like he gave a **** about his own net and it sure AF didn't go unnoticed.

Ekblad, when he forgets about the possibility of falling victim to physical part of this game, and at his age, I think is fit to be better for a goalie than McDonagh as he goes.

Shattenkirk is where Yandle was until I see him play otherwise. I'll be happy to say so.
ill be the first to sing yandles 2017-18 praises. I thought if u subtract the first 15 games of last year, he had a norris caliber season. he was ridiculously good. but yea we'll see if we get that yandle this year or 2016-17 yandle which was torture to witness. either way mconaugh put together many solid seasons at both ends. so I can't say yandles better than him based on his last 65 games. mcd has been regressing a bit though so it'll be interesting. either way were not trading yandle for mcd here. we can have both. just need to trade ekblad (please).

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Petry would be our best, most balance dman.
not even close. he broke 30 points for the first time in his career last year. That was mostly because he got #1 defenseman deployment because there were no other options. 23 of his career high 42 points were on the power play. You think he is getting PP time over Ekblad or Yandle? NAH

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
not even close. he broke 30 points for the first time in his career last year. That was mostly because he got #1 defenseman deployment because there were no other options. 23 of his career-high 42 points were on the power play. You think he is getting PP time over Ekblad or Yandle? NAH
It's weird that you would use points (and PP) to determine who is the best defensemen. It's also weird that you would say that Petry wouldn't get PP time over Ekblad and Yandle when in the one year where he got lots of PP time, he got more primary points than either of them, heck, almost as much as Yandle and Ekblad combine (16vs17).

Ekblad has never had double-digit primary points on the PP. You need to add together his last 3 years to have the same amount of PP primary points (16) has Petry had last season.

In other words, you would need to not want to win to have Ekblad on the PP instead of Petry.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
It's weird that you would use points (and PP) to determine who is the best defensemen. It's also weird that you would say that Petry wouldn't get PP time over Ekblad and Yandle when in the one year where he got lots of PP time, he got more primary points than either of them, heck, almost as much as Yandle and Ekblad combine (16vs17).

Ekblad has never had double-digit primary points on the PP. You need to add together his last 3 years to have the same amount of PP primary points (16) has Petry had last season.

In other words, you would need to not want to win to have Ekblad on the PP instead of Petry.
I use points because it is already well known that he is average to below average in his own zone. The only reason he has "higher" value right now because he had an outlier year offensively

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I use points because it is already well known that he is average to below average in his own zone. The only reason he has "higher" value right now because he had an outlier year offensively
He's still better in his own zone than Ekblad or Yandle and he's actually making most other players better: MTL 1718 Petry With-or-Without You
The opposite is true for Ekblad: FLA 1718 Ekblad With-or-Without You
And that's also true for Yandle: FLA 1718 Yandle With-or-Without You

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Oh come on, Petry isn't better than either Yandle or Ekblad.
Yandle is better offensively and Ekblad is a better goal scorer, but Petry is a better all-around dman.
Yandle is what he is, but I am hopeful that Ekblad takes another step and earn first pairing status.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Yeah, without Ekblad and Yandle, our defense is Matheson and guys who should be fighting for an NHL spot.

He's still better in his own zone than Ekblad or Yandle and he's actually making most other players better: MTL 1718 Petry With-or-Without You
The opposite is true for Ekblad: FLA 1718 Ekblad With-or-Without You
And that's also true for Yandle: FLA 1718 Yandle With-or-Without You

More reasons not to go completely by stats.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
More reasons not to go completely by stats.
I'm not going only by stats. I could say; just watch them play, you'll see that Petry's better. But that's an awful argument and brings nothing to the discussion.

One person saying "He's not better." and the other "Yes he is." Is boring, pointless and useless unless there is something to back up the arguments.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’d be shocked if you actually moved him, but what do you guys think Tro would fetch if this season goes horrifically for ya and there is some urge to blow things up in January or February?

I’d love Trocheck in Colorado, and between Barrie & the Ottawa pick as possible centerpieces, I feel like we should be able to put together an interesting package whether your FO wanted a future-based reboot package or more of a hockey trade.

My thought was something like the OTT 1st + Kerfoot + Timmins...adding Kaut or our 2019 1st if the ottawa pick isn’t top 10...if you wanted more of a rebuilding package. Or Barrie + Kerfoot + Andrighetto + COL 1st, if you were looking for more of a hockey trade...maybe adding Varlamov instead of Sven?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I’d be shocked if you actually moved him, but what do you guys think Tro would fetch if this season goes horrifically for ya and there is some urge to blow things up in January or February?

I’d love Trocheck in Colorado, and between Barrie & the Ottawa pick as possible centerpieces, I feel like we should be able to put together an interesting package whether your FO wanted a future-based reboot package or more of a hockey trade.

My thought was something like the OTT 1st + Kerfoot + Timmins...adding Kaut or our 2019 1st if the ottawa pick isn’t top 10...if you wanted more of a rebuilding package. Or Barrie + Kerfoot + Andrighetto + COL 1st, if you were looking for more of a hockey trade...maybe adding Varlamov instead of Sven?

On paper I actually don't have a problem with trading tro as we have borg coming up who could eventually be our 2nd line center. I also am not a huge fan of his inability to really use his wingers and he has gotten away a bit from his defensive game.

Problem is that tro is one of our heart and soul guys that I think is integral to the identity of this current core. We simply don't have someone who has the same enthusiasm and attitude that he has. So unless something goes really horrible wrong or it's a ridiculous offer, I just don't see it happening.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

Well the problem is, even if they are out of it, I don't see why they would trade Trocheck. Especially for a hockey trade. I just don't know why they would do that. Maybe for futures, but that's not much more likely.

Reactions: cgf

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Highly doubtful we trade Trocheck until Borgstrom is ready for 2C minutes/competition let alone 3C duties.

I'd ask for Makar though.
The OTT 1st has value but it doesnt help us now which we need. Makar is probably a year away from NHL minutes if he can put on some muscle.

Trocheck has one of the best contracts in the league and he looks to be putting up another 70+ pt season.

As said above, he has a hard time finding wingers to gel with but that doesnt hurt his production one bit.
Also, he's probably our best RH shot on the team.

I just dont see him moving anytime soon but I also dont see him here when he becomes a UFA unless we win a cup.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
trocheck holds a lot of value not only from his production but his contract too, these next 4yrs (including this year) for only 4.75per. i dont think we need all of barkov, trocheck, borgstrom, i think one should be traded to address other areas of need (obviously not barkov). it would ultimately depend on what could be had for trocheck, same goes for borgstrom.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Can we get Bobrovsky please? Good lord that would be too good to be true.
tro for bob would be insane. maybe if bob had 3+ yrs remaining on a freindly contract. but at ufa next yr? that'd be suicidal. it'd take the ottawa 1st rounder plus colorados 1st to make me even consider it for a second.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Only problem with bob is that as a free agent he’ll probably garner an 8+ to 9 per contract. Despite how good he is I don’t believe in paying over 8 per for a goaltender.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad