*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarrynLloyd

Sep 23, 2013
Erie, PA
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI: Best option is to charter a plane. Both teams and even the league can chip in.

How would this work out if the series became a bit chippy and now the teams are going to share a plane ride together? Unless they filmed the flights and made a reality show out of it. 2-2-1-1-1 is the best route to go. Even if it is a bus route.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI: Best option is to charter a plane. Both teams and even the league can chip in.

How would this work out if the series became a bit chippy and now the teams are going to share a plane ride together? Unless they filmed the flights and made a reality show out of it. 2-2-1-1-1 is the best route to go. Even if it is a bus route.
Players don't hate each that much in this league, in fact most of them are friends or have mutual friends so they know each other off the rink. They might play physical on game nights but rarely will you see problems between these players off the ice. 11 hour road trips multiple times is too much to handle over the course of the season. It will show in round 3 to whoever moves on

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
It is too bad that someone doesn't pony up and get a charter flight to the Soo. It may pay off in the long run if we have a long run.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
These are young men that are likely in the best shape they've ever been. The long road trips will suck but they should be fine. If they make it to the conference finals the trips will be much shorter. There really is no excuse.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Just look at the regular season statistics of the Otters. Wow. Very impressive. Hounds and Otters not much of a rivalry. Only play each other twice a year and cant remember the last time (if ever) they matched up together in the playoffs.

I think Erie has the advantage by starting the series in the Soo. Like any other series, they will take off all pressure by just having to win 1 of the first 2 games in the Soo.

As a Hounds fan, I think the Hounds will need to contain (cause theres no way to stop) the Otters first 2 lines and go into Erie with a 2-0 series lead. Anything else will make this series too difficult for the Hounds to win.

Looking forward to a terrific series between these 2 hard working teams.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
It wasn't 00-01. Erie was the #1 seed in the west that season but was upset by Plymouth in the 2nd round.

Otterly Disappoint

Jan 9, 2013
It wasn't 00-01. Erie was the #1 seed in the west that season but was upset by Plymouth in the 2nd round.

You're right about losing to Plymouth, it was in the conference finals though 4-1. Erie lost to the Soo the year before in 7, Erie was the 2seed while the Soo was the 3.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Erie hasn't played many teams in the playoffs the last decade or so seeing as how they are rarely in the playoffs. And when they are they lose in round 1. Recently, going back to 05-06 season they have only played Windsor (2), London, Saginaw.

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
here is the the way i see it
team history is more important to the fans than the players on the ice

so what if the Otters got swept ten years ago or won a a game seven to advance once, it has no bearing on this series.

none of the players or coaches ,for that matter , are around now. Only Sherry and some office staff have been here for the whole ride.

the 13-14 team is going to play the game and it will be up to them and only them to make it to the next round... i like the heart and soul of this team and I believe they will win this round.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Ottergolfer, I agree with what you said. If they play Otter hockey like they did before the WJC's, I believe we will be going to playoff games in our shorts and tee shirts.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Raddysh scratched?

post-31230-Ryan-Reynolds-BUT-WHY-gif-Haro-MfFW.gif

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Erie lines:

Fox-McDavid-Brown
Curtis-Strome-Burakovsky
Evans-Gaunce-Wigle
Wood-Murphy-Betz

Genovese-Pelech :(
MacDermid-Abraham
Dermott-Donnay

Williams starts :handclap:

SSM lines:

Tolchinsky-McCann-Fritsch
Watling-Gaudet-Moore
Dupuy-Miller-Speers
Bunting-Corson-Karterud

Nurse-Ganly
Jenkins-Gudbranson
Hore-White

Murray starts

Lets go boys.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Erie wins 3-1. It sounded like a good road game by the boys. Gaunce has shown to be a great addition, as has Curtis. Strome is playing very well too. Our 2nd and 3rd lines are showing that they can play with anyone. Let's Go Otters!

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Erie wins 3-1. It sounded like a good road game by the boys. Gaunce has shown to be a great addition, as has Curtis. Strome is playing very well too. Our 2nd and 3rd lines are showing that they can play with anyone. Let's Go Otters!

agreed, excellent road game.

SSM has a great penalty kill but man does Erie need to get its PP back on track.

First line needs to be better, but SSM did do a very good job of shutting them down.

2nd and 3rd lines were the start tonight, especially Curtis/Strome/Gaunce.

Devin Williams was awesome in net tonight. Coach is bat**** crazy if he takes Williams out.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Needed that first game. Now the pressure is all on SSM for game 2 to get the home ice back.

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
there is a statement game for those who had their doubts about the Otters

3-1 road win three different goal scores and an 0 fer on the P K

only thing better would have been a P P goal but the 3 was close to one.

look for the Soo to ramp it up Fri but i am betting coach Kris has the Otters ready to match them.

can monday get here any sooner?? want to see these guys play live again.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
there is a statement game for those who had their doubts about the Otters

3-1 road win three different goal scores and an 0 fer on the P K

only thing better would have been a P P goal but the 3 was close to one.

look for the Soo to ramp it up Fri but i am betting coach Kris has the Otters ready to match them.

can monday get here any sooner?? want to see these guys play live again.

one of the rare times in life when I'll be looking forward to monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad