GDT: Official Draft Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
On Mantha? Why not.

I'll admit I haven't seen him a ton, so maybe I'm way off base but almost every scouting report I've read questions his compete level and competitiveness. If that's an issue, he'll never play in the NHL, see Ryan Howse. Work ethic and drive is necessary to have success in the pros. Despite his impressive size and tools, I would not take him unless it was in the 3rd round. No he won't be there, but he's to much of a gamble to me.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'll admit I haven't seen him a ton, so maybe I'm way off base but almost every scouting report I've read questions his compete level and competitiveness. If that's an issue, he'll never play in the NHL, see Ryan Howse. Work ethic and drive is necessary to have success in the pros. Despite his impressive size and tools, I would not take him unless it was in the 3rd round. No he won't be there, but he's to much of a gamble to me.

Fair enough but the proposal still stands at moving into the top-20 and picking up a better asset.

Maybe Erne, Pulock or Domi/Shinkaruk if either of them slip.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Full draft order added to the OP. Thanks to AH for whipping that up.

Thanks again!

II, I'd be open to the Philly proposal, our later 2nd's for their 11th. I think that's a better scenario personally. Then we can get Domi, Shinkaruk or Horvat as well as Lindholm/Monahan.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Full draft order added to the OP. Thanks to AH for whipping that up.
No problem. I am just too damn excited about the draft tomorrow.

and without further adieu.........

Less than 24 hours.

/screeching like a teenage girl

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Prediction:

Flames leave the draft with Lindholm, Pulock, and Klimchuck and were all actually happy.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Disregarding any trades my hope is

Lindholm
Pulock/Gauthier
Hartman/Erne/Mueller (basically anyone who looks like they could go around 20 and falls)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The perfect Draft for me would be

Sean Monahan
Frederik Gauthier
A defenseman - there are too many to choose from

Trae

Calgary
Mine is this:

Lindholm/Monahan
Pulock/Morrissey
Hartman/Petan

Players to the left are my first choices.

I'm interested in Petan as well. I can't see Calgary holding onto all their picks though

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I haven't seen enough of many of the prospects to comment on who I'd like to use the pick(s) on. The only guy I think I've seen enough of to comment on is Shinkaruk, who I'm shocked is hardly in anyone's pre-draft Top 10.

The guy has been so productive for several years already in the Dub, I think he might be getting overlooked a bit because he isn't the shiny new toy. But #6 is probably just a tad too high. I'd take him over Monahan though.

But, overall, the current scouting staff has done well lately, so hopefully Feaster avoids trading (I hear Fedotenko is available) and just lets the guys draft. At least the days of using our 5th-7th rounders on an obvious future AHL/ECHL enforcer are over.

Trae

Calgary
@RogMillions: SN's @JSportsnet also says #Flames are willing to move the sixth overall pick now...but the price will be steep. Centre-Dman..younger

*gulp*

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
@RogMillions: SN's @JSportsnet also says #Flames are willing to move the sixth overall pick now...but the price will be steep. Centre-Dman..younger

*gulp*

Not terribly worried about this news if he does target a young center it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as the center isn't Burmistrov or something.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013

*gulp*
to me that means they are having a tough time moving up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
John Shannon tweeted something similar saying we wanted a #1 center or top defenseman. so combine that with Millions saying "young"

how often to teams trade young #1 centers or top defensemen? that will be the likelihood of a trade happening.

but like always cue the overreactions before anything happens

Flamesfan13

Nov 6, 2006
Calgary AB
Mine is this:

Lindholm/Monahan
Pulock/Morrissey
Hartman/Petan

Players to the left are my first choices.

Omg this. If we get Petan or Hartman at 28 i will pee myself. Lets just hope we dont draft a greg nemiez or however u spell his name..

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
can anyone find me the video when feaster said that they think Elias lindolm is in the running for 1 overall with MacK and jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad