Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The fact that his contract is half paid but only two thirds through is good news to budget conscious teams. So if I am the Leafs I look to trade him to one of those teams for a defenceman.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If that’s cap-compliant, I’d definitely do all of that. I’d definitely get meaner, more seasoned, but still cheap veterans for the 12th and 13th forward spots, though.

Some decent FA options out there like Maroon, Simmonds, Fast, Clifford, Lewis, etc.

All of them bring something a little different but shouldn’t cost more than a million bucks. Maroon, size and skill. Simmonds, scoring is gone, is there enough left in the tank to bang some bodies? Fast, a bit of a Vitale redo but when do the wheels fall off? Clifford can smash some skulls. Lewis is speed and PK.

You can sub any into the above lineup in place of Bunting and the cap hit only jumps by a few hundred grand.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
Who goes out once Schmaltz is ready to go back in? I'd think it has to be 13 to keep bottom six heavy.

91 -- 18 -- 81
09 -- 08-- 83
67 -- 21 -- 40
34 -- 15 -- 36

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If we do end up with Lombardi, you have to think some of those guys our on the list.

I really like Fast, but I think he'll get way more from someone else than I'd be willing to give him.

I think Lewis stays in LA, but adding Clifford and Maroon would change the attitude of the team. If those guys can get Crouse and Fischer more engaged then all the doodlebugs would get more space to do doodlebug things. It might make everyone less passive.

Pretty sure Maroon is going to pick his spot based on something other than how much we give him. Does Simmonds have enough in the tank to matter? Not sure.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
67-34-36 is the only line producing offensive zone time, it seems. 91-18-83 clicks. No idea why that isn't being used
Doesn't matter how you shuffle the other six. Ideally you want 9,8, and 81 on separate lines, but we don't have five lines to roll.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
I agree that the big boys have been doing a good job keeping puck in offensive zone. I figured moving Stepan down should help him with that as well. I think having Garland on top line creates a bigger hole elsewhere. Kessel needs to be on a line where other players have the motor (Hall).

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Nope. He can't. He's still slow AF. I can't believe he was skating at this speed when he was 0.5 pts/g.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So if we assume we'll need to take some bad contracts back because reality hits, I played with Mosby's capfriendly tool:
1) Stepan and Hossa to Ottawa for anything. I used Anisimov at full price as a worst case scenario

2) Goligoski and Vinnie to Pitt for McCann, ZAR, to eat JJ's contract. Again, worst case scenario with no retention

Gave McCann $3M. Gave Fischer, Bush 1-yr 900k deals

Keller-Dvo-Garland
Crouse-Hayton- Schmaltz
ZAR-McCann- Phil
Grabner- Anisimov- Fischer
Richardson

OEL-Demers
Chych-Hammer
Oesterle- Sodastrom
JJ

McCann is poised to be a reliable young 3C or wing. Only 24. Still has room to grow a bit as a middle -six guy. We're stuck with JJs contract. Anisimov is an expiring deal.

We actually have $3.2M left even if neither OTT or PIT retain on their dumps (I assume we could get some level of retention in reality), and we haven't even gotten to moving Raanta for help or buying out Grabner, etc which seem likely-- or moving other pieces that I'd like to see. And it just took two deals where we took back bad money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad