Official College Hockey Thread 2013-2014 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Everyone's team sucks except whichever one you root for.

Finally, someone gets it!! :sarcasm:

_______

Yeah, shootouts in college hockey are lame. I'm fine with them in the NHL because A) there are 82 games, and B) you have more skilled players who can actually make the shootout entertaining.

Maybe this is the soccer fan in me (go Spurs) talking, but a tie is a perfectly legitimate outcome of a game. Sometimes the two teams are just even on the night, which is what happened last night.

And to pick up on what digitalbooya said in the previous thread, I think it's crap that a goalie can knock off the post (even by accident) in the shootout. Even as a Gopher fan, I was thinking they should award the goal to the MSU player. That rule should be looked at in the offseason.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

_______

Yeah, shootouts in college hockey are lame. I'm fine with them in the NHL because A) there are 82 games, and B) you have more skilled players who can actually make the shootout entertaining.

Maybe this is the soccer fan in me (go Spurs) talking, but a tie is a perfectly legitimate outcome of a game. Sometimes the two teams are just even on the night, which is what happened last night.

And to pick up on what digitalbooya said in the previous thread, I think it's crap that a goalie can knock off the post (even by accident) in the shootout. Even as a Gopher fan, I was thinking they should award the goal to the MSU player. That rule should be looked at in the offseason.

Are you gopherguy13 on GPL?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Everyone's team sucks except whichever one you root for.

Of course, because all Minnesota college hockey teams are the best. ;)

Feel sorry for that one guy that cheers for Wisco. :sarcasm:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Of course, because all Minnesota college hockey teams are the best. ;)

Feel sorry for that one guy that cheers for Wisco. :sarcasm:

:cry: :rant: :laugh:

To Northland Wildman: Yost arena has literally one camera view. The arena is tiny and they cover it from what feels like a catwalk if it isn't one.

Edit: The badgers have also been doing really well without their leading scorer in Nic Kerdiles.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

_______

I thought they would at least award him another shot since he didn't shoot it before the net came off.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think of it was a more deliberate motion, they would've had him re-shoot, but the fact that it was just a standard 'put your foot against the post and try to move over to recover' which is a legitimate hockey play, then there's nothing you can do. Yeah, if he would've flung himself into the crossbar for no apparent reason, then you re-shoot. I don't think it's a 'slippery slope' situation and more goalies are going to do it or anything.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Badgers lose in the gimmick. Wisconsin scored in OT but the ref waved it off and they didn't review it(at least I'm pretty damn sure). The goal was waved off because a badger was pushed into the Michigan goalie. The reffing was bad all weekend (6 Mich PPs vs 1 UW PP) and it gave the home team the advantage. Michigan's goalie also emphasized every one of his shootout saves ala Kuemper vs the Kings.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Yost is a throwback which doesn't exist around these parts. It'd be like if the Gophers still played at Old Mariucci across the street with the steep seats and wall and maybe a little bit of renovation.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Yost is a throwback which doesn't exist around these parts. It'd be like if the Gophers still played at Old Mariucci across the street with the steep seats and wall and maybe a little bit of renovation.

Minnesota has a few "throwback" arenas, just obviously not one large enough to be called home for a D1 hockey program....The Hippodrome in Eveleth and Hibbing Memorial are two of my favorites.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Regardless of who wins this Thursday and Friday, hopefully both Kerdiles and Barnes play for the badgers. I haven't seen Kerdiles (basically the badger offense) play since the world juniors :(

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Gameday! :handclap:

Sounds like Kerdiles will be back and will play wing on the top line while Barnes is injured. Honestly a "championship lineup" with the team Wisconsin has should have Kerdiles on the first line. He has shown great chemistry with Zengerle and Barnes and with the chemistry that Navin-Dahl-Mersch now have this could be the norm going forward.

Prediction: 3-1 gophers, 3-2 badgers
Attendance prediction:roughly 12,500 tonight, sellout tomorrow

Cheers! :handclap:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I love how gopher fans get so excited over Kessel's goal..... The goalie was freshman Shane Connelly. The gophers went 2-0 vs Connelly and 0-3 vs Elliott (including 4-3 and 4-0 losses at Mariucci and a 4-0 loss at the X). Oh and they won the championship that year.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah and where did that get him and the gophers that year? The "greatest gopher team ever" (as some gopher fans say) had "their year" turn into a first round loss to Holy Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad