Official Calgary Flames 2015 Draft Thread v.2: 15th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
On the last mock drafts NHL.com posted today one has Barzal at 12 and the other actually has him at 15.... could Barzal actually be falling ?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Honestly outside of McEichel Provorov and Werenski he would probably be my next choice

I still think we need to trade one of our 2nds to Florida for 11th. They'll still be getting a good RW with our pick, and we get a better chance at a faller. I do not see Crouse/Barzal dropping from Dallas, LA and Boston's grasp.

Aug 21, 2014
Barzal at 15

iOOjji0.gif

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Cant have enough size and speed H Smith is no gurantee either.

No Guarantee, but our organization just has a lot of solid bottom 6ers with decent size

Bouma
Ferland
Shore
Hathaway
Agostino
Colborne
Smith
Caroll
Wolf

If you look at that list, other than Smith in a less apparently deep class, only two players were selected in the top 2 rounds of the draft - Shore and Colborne - and no surprise, they're the two more naturally skilled players of the bunch. Most of these players are good - I like them - but they're essentially what later rounds are for - players who have question marks but still NHL potential.

Greenway would be a good pick at 83 or later. Maybe even 75. But I'm not willing to throw a 2nd at him. He's not even the best bigger player - Dergachyov looks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad