Rumor: OFFICIAL Bruins Trade Deadline Rumors & Proposals thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I expect DeBrusk to keep playing well. He respects Bergeron and Marchand a ton.
DeBrusk signed that deal early to help the team get full value. He could have stuck to his guns, but instead left $400k on the table which only helps the team. I think you're 100% right that he respects his teammates, and a killer playoff run could help the Bruins get a haul for him in the offseason.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I like both moves Sweeney made, but I think most, including myself, were expecting one more significant move considering:

A) cap space was freed up on the Lindholm deal, and

B) Sweeney reportedly had a proposal for Giroux (including different pieces from what landed Lindholm) that was ideal for the Flyers had Giroux not nixed the deal.

My guess is teams upped their offers for Sweeney's consolation prizes and decided it wasn't worth mortgaging the future, GM's may have withdrawn from offering big name/core pieces, or some rumoured names may not have been available to begin with.

B) I don't believe any of that crap. We hear all the time the Bruins are tight-lipped about everything yet this comes out?

And they did Mortgage the future giving away picks to supposedly free up cap space for another trade. I don't believe that either now.

And what rumored name was not traded as far as forwards go? They all moved EXCEPT our own Jake that not only wasn't traded was given an 8m contract to stay.

That signing took place very early in the day. My guess is they half-assed today to see if they would get lucky and hope a player fell in their laps.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
No Garland. No Domi who went for a 3rd rd prospect Dman. No Subban. Does Sweeney think he’s King Arthur and his players virtuous knights of the round table? Oh no, red flag! Take a chance Donny. Teams playing Bruins in playoffs will target Bergeron knowing there is no other center, and probably no retribution cause our 8th Dman is watching the game from upstairs. All in on Debrusk being motivated!
Not to be a pessimist, but as soon as teams realize we have one actual top six C - who happens to be turning 37 - and start targeting him, it's over.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Domi's bulbs dont burn at the correct wattage. I dont think the Bruins are interested in that type of player. Teams seem to dump him pretty fast.
Domi is ufa after this season. Was worth a try. Ahcan alone would’ve probably got it done. It’s called center depth, no commitment past this season

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I think I’m in the minority, but I actually think Don Sweeney kicked ass. Obviously it would have been great to get a center, and also swap out Debruakbwith a similar skilled player. BUT the prices got crazy…and the available forwards …. May not have really fit??
He got the best player available, at a very reasonable cost.
It’s unfortunate to have cap space and no player to fill a hole, but I’m not sure I can put it on Sweeney.

Matt8871

Jan 10, 2022
I would have been happy with Garland for JDB and thats about it. Rakell has not been good. Domi is a problem on and off the ice, can’t play a lick of defense. Subban is laughably bad at defense, and we didn’t need him. I hate that we gave up a second for 48 hours of extra cap space, but you do what it takes to keep you in the running. There was no taylor hall this year. Kessel was not moving the needle. Domi is worse than Jake. Vancouver probably wasn’t keen on moving garland

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
B) I don't believe any of that crap. We hear all the time the Bruins are tight-lipped about everything yet this comes out?

And they did Mortgage the future giving away picks to supposedly free up cap space for another trade. I don't believe that either now.

And what rumored name was not traded as far as forwards go? They all moved EXCEPT our own Jake that not only wasn't traded was given an 8m contract to stay.

That signing took place very early in the day. My guess is they half-assed today to see if they would get lucky and hope a player fell in their laps.
Why wouldn’t they want Giroux? Don’t you think the owners and management group want to be legit contenders?

Reactions: Grimey

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I like both moves Sweeney made, but I think most, including myself, were expecting one more significant move considering:

A) cap space was freed up on the Lindholm deal, and

B) Sweeney reportedly had a proposal for Giroux (including different pieces from what landed Lindholm) that was ideal for the Flyers had Giroux not nixed the deal.

My guess is teams upped their offers for Sweeney's consolation prizes and decided it wasn't worth mortgaging the future, GM's may have withdrawn from offering big name/core pieces, or some rumoured names may not have been available to begin with.
Yep sometimes the best deals are the deals you dont make. I remember i was gonna buy a house one car garage and so excited until another home 2 car garage came along same price bigger better street and area. Donny must have said why buy trash though I still stand a 4th for brassard for insurance was a no brainers but that's just me. I maybe wrong.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

You do realize that two teams are in negotations right? So it doesn't matter if the Bruins are tight lipped, someone from the Flyers side could have leaked that they and Colorado had offers for Giroux.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
You do realize that two teams are in negotations right? So it doesn't matter if the Bruins are tight lipped, someone from the Flyers side could have leaked that they and Colorado had offers for Giroux.

I could care less of them being tight-lipped, I just don't believe they had anything in the pipeline either

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017

Uh, what? So Chychrun, Miller, Garland, Kessel, Bertuzzi, Scheifle, Boeser, etc. were all moved then? Because like Jake, those names were absolutely thrown around the rumour mill, however unlikely it was that some of them would actually be dealt. And as far as the Giroux thing goes, I'm not going to look for the tweet confirming this. It's buried within two days worth of proposal ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad