Rumor: OFFICIAL Bruins Trade Deadline Rumors & Proposals thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
So for the playoffs we need heavy lifting from a guy who doesn't want to be here, a below avg 2C, & a 19 year old rookie who's never played a pro game. Don't really love those odds.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
i think it's funny that people are crying over the cost to acquire Copp but are apparently cool that Sweeney gave up a 2nd round pick to create cap space that he didn't use.
You have a good point, why do that unless you are confident that you were going to need that additional space? My guess is that he took a gamble and assumed he would be able to get something done but it fell through. That should be considered somewhat of a fail on his part.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
i think it's funny that people are crying over the cost to acquire Copp but are apparently cool that Sweeney gave up a 2nd round pick to create cap space that he didn't use.
No we all assume it was a second. Also we need that cap space from Moore in July.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It kills me when Coggliano says today that Middleton was a great improving player and he was so impressed by him.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If there is any silver lining guys we probably have the best goaltenders and best D in the league with the adds of brown and lindholm. Remember defence wins championships I think the great Ditka said that not sure on that one. I'm happy guys and we get to see the team tonight and hope to roast those habitants. Wanna be them right now? Maybe stud gets hot and joins the lineup and helps come playoff time. Stay positive guys we just gonna a shiny franchise type dman in lindholm . I'm excited.

Reactions: Rp477

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
So for the playoffs we need heavy lifting from a guy who doesn't want to be here, a below avg 2C, & a 19 year old rookie who's never played a pro game. Don't really love those odds.
The Debrusk narrative that he isn’t going to try is getting a little old isn’t it ? We really don’t know how that’s going to play out . In the end we might be glad we kept him

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
True but I warmed up to the lindholm deal hes here for 8 years takes the sting off. I dont like deals like the rags did for copp hes a rental and so expensive for a 3rd c.
I like both moves Sweeney made, but I think most, including myself, were expecting one more significant move considering:

A) cap space was freed up on the Lindholm deal, and

B) Sweeney reportedly had a proposal for Giroux (including different pieces from what landed Lindholm) that was ideal for the Flyers had Giroux not nixed the deal.

My guess is teams upped their offers for Sweeney's consolation prizes and decided it wasn't worth mortgaging the future, GM's may have withdrawn from offering big name/core pieces, or some rumoured names may not have been available to begin with.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
- Yeah, I like Copp and wanted him but at that price, I can see why the Bruins didn't come back with a better offer than the Rangers.

- I don't think Domi is an upgrade over Haula and ( as Dom said ) he comes with some red flags. Never been a big fan of him.

- We got one of the three best players available at the deadline and signed him to a damn good contract.

- We added a Dman with size and physicality, which was needed.

- I don't like that we didn't improve over Haula but seeing as the pickings were slim and the best center available called his shot and wanted to go to Florida ( even though the Bruins had offered a package that Philly preferred ), It's hard for me to blame Sweeney.

- What available center was everyone upset we missed out on? Miller wasn't moved. Shiefiele wasn't moved. Garland ( rw ) wasn't moved.
Great post!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

This idea that the Bruins paid a 2nd to offload Moore means that the price of Copp and Lindholm was the same? Does that sound right to you?

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
If there is any silver lining guys we probably have the best goaltenders and best D in the league with the adds of brown and lindholm. Remember defence wins championships I think the great Ditka said that not sure on that one. I'm happy guys and we get to see the team tonight and hope to roast those habitants. Wanna be them right now? Maybe stud gets hot and joins the lineup and helps come playoff time. Stay positive guys we just gonna a shiny franchise type dman in lindholm . I'm excited.
Stop being positive!

Bahahahahhahaaa!!!!!

Reactions: The don godfather

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
No Garland. No Domi who went for a 3rd rd prospect Dman. No Subban. Does Sweeney think he’s King Arthur and his players virtuous knights of the round table? Oh no, red flag! Take a chance Donny. Teams playing Bruins in playoffs will target Bergeron knowing there is no other center, and probably no retribution cause our 8th Dman is watching the game from upstairs. All in on Debrusk being motivated!

Reactions: KrejciWinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad