*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
If the Bulls end up with the 2nd overall pick, would you guys rather have Adam Mascherin, or Michael Mcleod?

I don't know a ton about either of them, but Mascherin has been absolutely tearing up the OJHL with Georgetown. Had 5 goals and 7 assists in 5 regular season games, and now 2 goals in 2 playoff games. His size might be the only question, 5'9, but 194 pounds, so he's built like a truck.

I don't know basically anything about McLeod, he's 6'1, 160 pounds. Scouts say he's an absolute finisher and will be a star almost without a doubt.
I'm at a loss also? Its seems to be one or the other. From what i hear Mascherin might have the edge. A wild-card guy is Logan Brown the american is a stud too.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Is there any word on the import draft this year? Highly rated guys looking to come over here. Thinking the Bulls would select a d-man with size and a physical play if they pick a forward with their first pick at the OHL draft.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Jake Marchment is back in the line-up tonight, big boost for the struggling Bulls. Needless to say this one is another must win.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Really wonder why George is always so quick to pull Graham, but not Guigs. I mean it paid off today, Guigs played great, but Charlie's gotta feel pretty down about the whole thing. Good comeback from the guys tonight, didn't back down after being down 2-0 early, and 4-2 later. That'll boost the confidence no doubt.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Really wonder why George is always so quick to pull Graham, but not Guigs. I mean it paid off today, Guigs played great, but Charlie's gotta feel pretty down about the whole thing. Good comeback from the guys tonight, didn't back down after being down 2-0 early, and 4-2 later. That'll boost the confidence no doubt.
Ya I was thinking the same thing! Charlie's body language didn't look good after the yank, just wondering if the writing is on the wall for him here? Wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade in the summer?

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Really love Tomasek's skill set, if he works on his skating abit over the summer he could go far in his career. I truly will be surprised, if all nhl teams pass on Jake M archment at this years draft, a steady improvement all year.

Renegader

Sep 22, 2012
Terrific game. Lots of fun and exciting hockey.

I wouldn't worry too much about Graham. You could tell he was shaky after letting in 2 softies. He's probably just upset at himself. With the way he has played this year he is allowed to have an off game or two.

RodeoClown

Oct 28, 2013
Yep But never misses a shift!

You guys reveal your ignorance if you're evaluating players solely by +/-. Those two guys have had the toughest match ups all season on a team whose depth chart doesn't stack up to the rest of the league.

How about a little heat for the goaltenders? Both have been terrible over the last few games. They quit allowing 2 goals on the first 4 shots the Bulls have a shot at grabbing a couple points this weekend.

BrianA

Nov 30, 2010
You guys reveal your ignorance if you're evaluating players solely by +/-. Those two guys have had the toughest match ups all season on a team whose depth chart doesn't stack up to the rest of the league.

How about a little heat for the goaltenders? Both have been terrible over the last few games. They quit allowing 2 goals on the first 4 shots the Bulls have a shot at grabbing a couple points this weekend.

Then maybe Burnett should stop giving them the tough match ups and give someone else a chance.It cannot get worse and perhaps the kids would use the challenge to learn and develop his defensive game for next year.It might also give the veterans a chance to play more offense.Forget the playoffs(4 and out in any case)and get the kids ready for bigger roles next year.
I would imagine Graham has hit a wall after facing so many shots this year.He needs support not heat.

gary63

Oct 31, 2013
Then maybe Burnett should stop giving them the tough match ups and give someone else a chance.It cannot get worse and perhaps the kids would use the challenge to learn and develop his defensive game for next year.It might also give the veterans a chance to play more offense.Forget the playoffs(4 and out in any case)and get the kids ready for bigger roles next year.
I would imagine Graham has hit a wall after facing so many shots this year.He needs support not heat.

You are SOOOO right BrianA , these two guys get a lot of icetime and don't get proper results imo ??? I,m not saying they don't give a good effort but just are NOT good enough for this league !!!

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
That was a tough loss, definitely dims the playoffs hopes. Regardless of the matchup, if the young players are able to experience the playoffs, it can only raise their game. Playoffs' is intense hockey that anyone young player could benefit from, 4 games or not.

RodeoClown

Oct 28, 2013

That's a cop out. Are you kidding me? "He's burnt out from facing so many shots." If you're an elite goaltender, that's not going to be a problem. He's 9th in the league in minutes played, 9th! I totally get it if he's getting beat on high quality chances, but some of the goals going in lately are just weak. I like Charlie as much as the next guy and he has battled through a tough season, but I'm not just going to blindly defend him regardless of his performance.

The Bulls traded for Giugovaz to prevent precisely "burn out" from happening. Graham isn't playing nearly as much as he was in the first half of the season and he has been awful lately. I expect him to at least give the Bulls a chance to win, and neither him or Giugovaz have been doing much of that in the last two weeks.

I'm not blaming the goaltenders solely for recent team performance, but allowing 29 goals in 4 games really doesn't do the team much good. I realize that Harper and Berisha have been playing "D" as well (in some cases better than the regulars), so it's not an ideal position for a young team to be in late in the season.

I echo many and hope the kids see lots of ice tonight. Justin Bean has assists in three of his last five games.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Are Heffernan and Petti both injured again? If so, that's 6 guys on the IR list.

RodeoClown

Oct 28, 2013
Are Heffernan and Petti both injured again? If so, that's 6 guys on the IR list.

According to the Bulls website Petti was injured and Heffernan was sick.

BrianA? gary63? C'mon where are you guys? I thought I'd wake up to see your thoughtful insights on a big Bulls win last night against one of the best in the East! Sucks that your schedules only allow you to ever see the lopsided defeats because that's the only time you ever come on here to piss and moan. Vultures. (Yes "we're entitled to our opinion blah blah blah"…it'd just be nice to see some BALANCE for a change. Take the horse blinders off and give the guys due credit when they deserve it. I air out my beefs on here too but I try and be the first guy to offer praise as well..which is tough during a season like this.)

Would have been nice for Eastlink to SHOW US THE END OF THE GAME LAST NIGHT. I haven't gone easy on Charlie lately, but he was the difference last night - good for him. Harper continues to be a beast on defence. I thought Berisha and Simmonds both had excellent games compared to what I saw on Thursday night (everyone stunk).

Playoffs or not, I'm proud that these guys aren't giving up and are going hard to the last game.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
I give the guys credit, but in the end it might be to little too late. They might have just screwed themselves out of the second pick?

Lyons89

Aug 21, 2012
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I heard Jack Eichel is considering coming to the ohl to play against mcdavid... if that happens, would he go into the ohl draft or import draft? andyway, hope we end up with mascherin because I don't think were going to get chychrun...

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I heard Jack Eichel is considering coming to the ohl to play against mcdavid... if that happens, would he go into the ohl draft or import draft? andyway, hope we end up with mascherin because I don't think were going to get chychrun...

There's almost no chance Eichel comes to the OHL. The Sea Dogs would have to put him on waivers, and then every other QMJHL team would have to let him pass through waivers to make him a CHL free agent. The Sea Dogs GM even said there's no chance he'll let him go to the OHL.

As for the game last night, man it sounds like Graham was under seige. Tough to lose a shutout with 2.5 seconds left. Rangers are now one point back with a game in hand, so here's hoping the Rangers can win at least 3 out of 4 to finish the season off. Sounds like the Bulls will get a real gamer with either the 2nd or 3rd pick, but I think Mascherin is the real prize at 2nd overall and I bet the Rangers would grab him.

gary63

Oct 31, 2013

BrianA? gary63? C'mon where are you guys? I thought I'd wake up to see your thoughtful insights on a big Bulls win last night against one of the best in the East! Sucks that your schedules only allow you to ever see the lopsided defeats because that's the only time you ever come on here to piss and moan. Vultures. (Yes "we're entitled to our opinion blah blah blah"…it'd just be nice to see some BALANCE for a change. Take the horse blinders off and give the guys due credit when they deserve it. I air out my beefs on here too but I try and be the first guy to offer praise as well..which is tough during a season like this.)

Would have been nice for Eastlink to SHOW US THE END OF THE GAME LAST NIGHT. I haven't gone easy on Charlie lately, but he was the difference last night - good for him. Harper continues to be a beast on defence. I thought Berisha and Simmonds both had excellent games compared to what I saw on Thursday night (everyone stunk).

Playoffs or not, I'm proud that these guys aren't giving up and are going hard to the last game.

Sure was a Great effort last night , nice to see :handclap: On the flip side I don't want to drop out of the top 3 in the draft ( maybe that's greedy on my part ) . Maybe I have been a bit hard George this year ( I don't feel that way ) RodeoClown ??? But for over thirty years as a season ticket buyer I can tell you, I love the OHL and the bulls. I don't think im alone on questioning some of Georges moves thou ???;);)

BrianA

Nov 30, 2010

I may have missed commenting on wins this season about 15 times,oh yeah that is all they have.I have never complained about the kids or their efforts(most nights)just that they were not allowed to play an aggressive game.It seems that temporarily at least some of the insistence on system hockey has been reigned in.When they are allowed to use their talents,the result is entertainment.
True fans do not have to be blindly loyal especially when the product is boring.The number of exciting home games can be counted on 1 hand and they have all ocurred in the last 2 months.

Lyons89

Aug 21, 2012
There's almost no chance Eichel comes to the OHL. The Sea Dogs would have to put him on waivers, and then every other QMJHL team would have to let him pass through waivers to make him a CHL free agent. The Sea Dogs GM even said there's no chance he'll let him go to the OHL.

As for the game last night, man it sounds like Graham was under seige. Tough to lose a shutout with 2.5 seconds left. Rangers are now one point back with a game in hand, so here's hoping the Rangers can win at least 3 out of 4 to finish the season off. Sounds like the Bulls will get a real gamer with either the 2nd or 3rd pick, but I think Mascherin is the real prize at 2nd overall and I bet the Rangers would grab him.

As much of a long shot that it is, would branch be able to pull the strings to make this happen. Because its either he comes to the OHL or stays in the US program. You've got to think branch would love having this guy in the CHL. I thought it was Halifax that have his rights anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad