OT: Official Bears/NFL Thread XXXII: Bears lose 27-14; fall to 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I have tickets for next week, but I honestly don't have any interest in going... especially since it was moved from 1:05 to 4:25.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Bears aren't winning anything with Cutler at QB. There is no way he goes 3 or 4 playoff games in a row without blowing a game.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Hell, Falcons fans don't like their team either. I'm having trouble finding even a Falcon fan that wants to go. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They have always crapped the bed come playoff time from the Schottenheimer/Okoye/Word era to the Larry Johnson era they just can't get it done. They're like the San Jose Sharks of the NFL.

Also have a long history of blowing it with 49er castoffs at QB. Montana was only exception but even then he only won a single game as a Chief

Bono and Grbac failed in 90's and now Alex Smith at QB doesn't make me confident

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
This league just kinda sucks right now. People hail the great PARODY of the NFL because anyone can beat anyone in a given week, but in reality, it's pretty much the NBA with 3-4 real contenders and then a whole lot of bleh.

Thankfully there's fantasy to make every game important.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This league just kinda sucks right now. People hail the great PARODY of the NFL because anyone can beat anyone in a given week, but in reality, it's pretty much the NBA with 3-4 real contenders and then a whole lot of bleh.

Thankfully there's fantasy to make every game important.

NFC is more wide open IMO

The AFC though is pretty much Broncos and Chiefs

Last edited:

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
The NFL is hard to want to follow these days with all the arrests, assaults, lack of any true dynasty teams but it is a the quintessential pro marketing league that just trumps all the others so it just makes you want to watch, follow, fantasy league etc.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's really not. No one will beat the Seahawks away, so if they get the 1 seed it's done.

I don't know where you get the Chiefs from, they're very mediocre as well.

Seahawks lost at home last year to Cards with Palmer throwing 4 INT's

They aren't unbeatable and almost blew it vs Broncos a few weeks back

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Seahawks had a magical season that they'll never see again this years Super Bowl champion could be the Steelers for all we know. The NFL today is built on Any Given Sunday premise.

There is no seven game series like the other leagues.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So realistically, how many more years of Cutler do we have with his contract? I don't understand NFL contracts and the cap at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad