Official Bears/NFL Thread XXIII - Stars align? Bears control their destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I was going to give the defense the benefit of the doubt with the short field but I guess not...

zac

Apr 29, 2009
This defense is pathetic to watch

Are they booing an injured player? Classic Philly

It's beyond that. Our line is putrid, but my god our defensive alignments are just awful. Tucker should be fired at the conclusion of the season.

One thing I don't understand, and something I can't get over, is the fact that our lineman don't extend their arms at all. This makes them VERY easy to block, and eliminates any chance of a pass rush whatsoever. We've never done this in the past and it's a teamwide problem so I can only assume it's being coached. If it's not being coached then it should have been corrected by the 2nd game of the season.

I'm sure I'll get blasted but I really could care less whether the Bears make the playoffs at this point. The defense gives this team no chance against any of the other teams (barring luck). We'll get spanked in the first game regardless of who we play.

ralph0226

Jun 1, 2010
It's beyond that. Our line is putrid, but my god our defensive alignments are just awful. Tucker should be fired at the conclusion of the season.

One thing I don't understand, and something I can't get over, is the fact that our lineman don't extend their arms at all. This makes them VERY easy to block, and eliminates any chance of a pass rush whatsoever. We've never done this in the past and it's a teamwide problem so I can only assume it's being coached. If it's not being coached then it should have been corrected by the 2nd game of the season.

I'm sure I'll get blasted but I really could care less whether the Bears make the playoffs at this point. The defense gives this team no chance against any of the other teams (barring luck). We'll get spanked in the first game regardless of who we play.

You must hate the Bears to say things like that. They've done pretty well under a first year head coach.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
If we don't score in the next drive, do you think the wise decision is to rest our starters for GB? Probably the smart thing to do...

You go until half time and maybe the first or second possession of the 2nd half if we have a "chance". No point in leaving our starters in to fight for a lost cause and risk having an injury.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Chris Collinsworth is right. The Eagles have one of the worst defenses in football. There's no reason they can't get back in to this game.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Chris Collinsworth is right. The Eagles have one of the worst defenses in football. There's no reason they can't get back in to this game.

They gave up 48 ****ing points to the VIKINGS without AP or Gerhart.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
You must hate the Bears to say things like that. They've done pretty well under a first year head coach.

I don't hate the Bears, rather I know they are a mediocre (at best) playoff team. The defense is an utter abomination and they are just bad all over the field. They weren't very good before the injuries, but now? They're awful. And it's a shame now that the offense has finally became good.

ralph0226

Jun 1, 2010

Unfortunately so do the Bears and they've already spotted Philly 21 points. But you didn't heat that from me.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I don't blame the offense unless the lay a ****ing egg. I honestly can't even imagine how demoralizing it is to watch your defense derp for a quarter to the tune of 21-0.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL

I don't think anybody is worried that we're not going to get going on offense, but what reason have we to believe the defense can get any stops? Foles has thrown 2 INT's all year, so hoping for a few of those is highly unlikely. If we got the ball after half, that would be a little hope because you could get it closer before half, and then cut the lead a little more after half, but the Eagles get the ball at half.

So frustrating having a defense you can't rely on even a little. Obviously it's not over, but our defense makes it hard to have any hope that we can come back from 21. 14 would be one thing.

Bears punting. Maybe DJax fumbles the catch?

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Well, you have to score every fricken drive now and pray for a stop and a turnover.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how bad the opposing defense is if your d gives up 7 on every opponent drive.

What a horrible throw by Cutler. He had all the time in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad