Official Bears/NFL Thread XXII - Cutler starting @ Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Yep, for sure. And not only that, but if you have more cap space, you're going to go heavy in free agency to fix the D. If you resign Cutler, you need to go heavy on the draft to fix the D in order to make everything fit. Of course, you can do both if you have that cap space and really assure that the D will be good next year.

That's why Emery is the boss of this team. He's going to have to pick a clear direction for this team this offseason and he is going to be the one that has to live with his decisions.

Cutler's cap hit is 10.3 mil this year, Pepper's hit is 14.3 mil. Cutler gets franchised or gets resigned his hit will be between 13-16 mil per year. Its not like his cap hit is going to go up 15 million. The Bears are going to have a ton of cap space next year regardless of what they do with Cutler.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Cutler's cap hit is 10.3 mil this year, Pepper's hit is 14.3 mil. Cutler gets franchised or gets resigned his hit will be between 13-16 mil per year. Its not like his cap hit is going to go up 15 million. The Bears are going to have a ton of cap space next year regardless of what they do with Cutler.

Agreed, it's just really enticing to have even more than that to work with. You never know who is going to get cut for cap reasons or traded. But yeah, the D will be much improved either way.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I'd add Earl Bennet makes $2.4, Hester makes $2.9, Melton makes $8.4, Bush makes $3.5, Weems makes $1.6. Tillman makes $8 a year as well, you may be able to get him on a deal that lowers that cap hit to off set what Jennings will cost.

Tons of dead money coming off the book.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
The thing that has me optimistic for the next few years is what Emery has done to the offense in two years. Obviously getting Trestman as coach has done wonders, but Emery has turned over 9 of the 11 positions (Cutler, Forte the exceptions). If he could do half of that work for the defense...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Just looking over some of the cap numbers; this is going to be a great time to have a lot of money to spend. Most notably, the Cowboys and Chiefs are ****ed beyond belief.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He was really loud and emphatic that MS was making a power play and that poor RGIII to be treated in such a disgraceful way. I think he said McNabb predicted this was going to happen. Faulk was also pretty pissed about him getting benched. Sanders was trying to be the voice of reason, saying RGIII's teammates told him that he was getting full of himself, needed to be humbled like many players do. Have not seen someone go off like that on TV in awhile.

And I'm just rehashing what happened, not sure what is really going on in Washington.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Especially if the Chiefs keep winning so he can't sit out the last game.

The Patriots too. I'm sure that the Broncos will want home field against the Pats in the Playoffs as well.

Looks like snow all day Saturday and into Sunday in Cleveland. Wonder what the playing conditions will be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad