*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2013-14 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Nice goal by Magipane on the pp. When you see them move the puck like that it makes you wonder how they can be 1-14 or something like that.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Nice win tonight to go up 3-0 in the series. A little scary at times, but all in all a good effort. Really impressed with Blackwood, Dotchin, Lebanc, Scott, and Magipane. But really the team as a whole is playing well and seem to be gathering more and more confidence.
Keep it up boys and let's make it 4-0 and finish the sweep.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Couple of hours to game time. Let's put the Wolves out of their misery tonight.

On another note, anyone have a guess who the Colts are looking at in the draft coming up. Not sure but I belief they will be picking 12th or 13th overall?

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Could this game get any more boring. Both teams playing not to loose instead of trying to win. No fans and having to listen to the wolves colour commentator. OMG is he brutal!
Plus all the penalties and as we have seen from both teams the PP is definitely not the best part of their respective game.
Let's go Colts come out for the third and play a fast high tempo 20'minutes and the series will be over.

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
It was more exciting in person than I assume it appeared on tv. The first period had playoff intensity in particular. The number of penalties did disrupt the flow however. I predict the colts finish off my wolves tonight on home ice. We have such a good team on paper but have not been coached well all year. The team has been mismanaged for years. Goodluck in the second round Barrie :)

Racer14

Always Watching
May 16, 2011
Couple of hours to game time. Let's put the Wolves out of their misery tonight.

On another note, anyone have a guess who the Colts are looking at in the draft coming up. Not sure but I belief they will be picking 12th or 13th overall?

look at the powerforward group...a name that may not be talked about much is one that they like unless someone falls...

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Well that was a impressive way to finish off the series. Hopefully Ekblad and Theoret are ready to go for round 2. I think Hall might be out for a while. Hope I'm wrong. Anyways, on to round 2.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Lebanc took a very heavy hit into the boards late and may have injured himself. And with Blandis still out and the 3 guys you mentioned the Colts can use the time off to re-group for round two.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Yes nice way to close out a series. Hopefully the rest will allow the boys to heal and get some much needed rest. Especially for Ekblad, he is looking exhausted. Anything new on Hall, last I heard no break but possible hairline fracture!
I like the look of the PP without Ekblad, the puck movement appears much faster and Dotchin seems to be well suited to running the PP.

On a side note, sad finish to the Wolves season. Sad to see a franchise in a such a state of disarray. I thought they played totally uninspired hockey last night and simply looked like they were ready for the season to end.

Harky121*

I heard hall is out for good and he is not coming back. His ohl career is done ;(

Harky121*

Blandisi will be back for eastern conference finals (even If we get that far) and ekblad, theoret and labanc just need some rest and they should be ready for round 2 hopefully

Last edited by a moderator:

Harky121*

Could this game get any more boring. Both teams playing not to loose instead of trying to win. No fans and having to listen to the wolves colour commentator. OMG is he brutal!
Plus all the penalties and as we have seen from both teams the PP is definitely not the best part of their respective game.
Let's go Colts come out for the third and play a fast high tempo 20'minutes and the series will be over.

I agree with this 200% that Sudbury commentator is brutal I'm so glad I don't have to listen to piece of crap anymore

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Blandisi will be back for eastern conference finals (even If we get that far) and ekblad, theoret and labanc just need some rest and they should be ready for round 2 hopefully

Boy sure hope the rest does everyone good, don't need to be going into the next round of playoffs without Hall, Blandisi, Theoret, Ekblad, Lebanc, and a banged up Lemeuix.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
What are the chances that our poor, hole ridden, old blown up Charlie horse is back for the next round?

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
2013-14 OHL All-Rookie Teams (voting points in brackets):

First Team:

Centre – Travis Konecny, Ottawa 67’s (91)
Left Wing – Andrew Mangiapane, Barrie Colts (68)
Right Wing – Blake Speers, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (81)
Defence – Travis Dermott, Erie Otters (66)
Defence – Mitchell Vande Sompel, Oshawa Generals (50)
Goaltender – Mackenzie Blackwood, Barrie Colts (72)

Congradulations Andrew Mangiapane, and Mackenzie Blackwood for your nominations and coming 3rd and 4th in rookie voting.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Pretty solid game tonight with Hall and Ekblad out of the lineup. Hopefully they can get a win sunday and come back to Barrie with the series tied.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I figured Ekblad would be back last night. After the Sudbury series he walked out on the ice for the handshake and didn't seem to be favouring anything or limping. The a whole week off. Anyone heard anything?

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
I figured Ekblad would be back last night. After the Sudbury series he walked out on the ice for the handshake and didn't seem to be favouring anything or limping. The a whole week off. Anyone heard anything?

*Maybe* Sunday is all I've heard. We all thought he would be back last night. Having said that, walking on to the ice for a handshake and playing full speed are two entirely different things. Better safe than sorry - still, he would likely have been the difference last night. A fully healthy Colts team should be able to get past Sudbury without too much difficulty. Without AE5 and ZH28, it's going to be close.

Who's watching the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce