(Official) Around the NHL Thread 10.0: We're Bad, But So Is The Pacific Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I may be living in Winnipeg for about $40k a year. Byfuglien is set for life, provided he is fiscally responsible.

It's crazy how different the Peg is from Alberta. Those NHLers are probably the most well-paid men in Winnipeg. For one year of Buffs contract, you could literally buy a block of homes in a good area in Winnipeg.

When I was in Winnipeg last week for work, I was talking to this guy; he said: kids just can't afford homes out here, 350k? That's a lot of money for people... I just thought of Calgary's home market... 350k gets you any home in the NE... And maybe Bowness, that's pretty much it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As per Bobby Mac; Leafs are shopping Neon Dion around. Interesting, because with money retained he could be a valuable asset for teams looking for some offensive D help.

Aug 21, 2014
Stajan + Smid + Raymond + 2nd for Dion...

Smid becomes Polak's replacement, Raymond becomes Grabner's replacement. Stajan a good vet too keep around during a rebuild...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Details:

Leafs acquire:

-Greening
-Cowen
-Michalek
-Lindberg
-2017 2nd

Sens acquire:

-Phaneuf
-Frattin
-Bailey
-Rupert
-Donaghey

Aug 21, 2014

shocked_kitty_gif_by_bubblesbear-d5xdup8.gif

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Lindberg is a decent B prospect.

Ottawa needed a defense upgrade badly, and no matter what you think of Phaneuf he's still better than Cowan, C. Wideman, Weircoch, etc. and all the other crap that is Ottawa's defense this year.

Really its just making sure they stay similar to the contract amounts they started with and similar cap.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Details:

Leafs acquire:

-Greening
-Cowen
-Michalek
-Lindberg
-2017 2nd

Sens acquire:

-Phaneuf
-Frattin
-Bailey
-Rupert
-Donaghey
Leafs get long-term cap space (when they're most likely expecting to be a contender), a roster spot, a B prospect and a 2nd. Sens get an actual top 4 defenseman. Initial reaction is both team win, but sens are not going to like phaneuf's contract in 2-3 years.

Funny a so-called budget team would do this move.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Leafs get long-term cap space (when they're most likely expecting to be a contender), a roster spot, a B prospect and a 2nd. Sens get an actual top 4 defenseman.

Initial reaction is both team win, but sens fans won't like phaneuf in 2-3 years.

If Phaneuf isn't the number 1 dman he won't be terrible. He's goi g to be paired with Karlsson.

moon*

Leafs get long-term cap space (when they're most likely expecting to be a contender), a roster spot, a B prospect and a 2nd. Sens get an actual top 4 defenseman.

Initial reaction is both team win, but sens fans won't like phaneuf in 2-3 years.

I think that Sens fans might not hate him as much as the other two fan bases do because he is finally coming in with realistic expectations.

The Phaneuf hate from Flames fans makes zero sense to me. He gave 100% all the time here, never had a bad thing to say about the city or team, never sat out for a better deal, didn't demand to be traded and had no off ice incidents. The only thing that was reported is that he may have clashed with the vets because he thought things we too laid back at times, a complaint many fans have about those teams from back then.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I think they will keep Methot with Karlsson won't they and play Phaneuf with Ceci?

Mostly likely this.

If it doesn't work though don't be surprised to see him tried with Karlsson, but the idea here is to take the load off of the first pairing a bit.

Phaneuf just has to be able to hold down the fort on the second pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad