Official Arizona State Sun Devils Hockey Discussion

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Went to tonight's game. ASU actually carried play for nearly a period and a half. ASU was up 3-0. Our goalie whose name I can't pronounce gave up a bad rebound, and then another sort of softie, and a tip-in that no goalie would save. And then another that he'd want back. ASU stayed in the game until the bitter end, though.

I would strongly encourage locals in this group to get to an ASU game. The level is high, and play is very fast. Tickets are affordable, and most of the crowd is into it.

Reactions: MIGs Dog and Grimes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Went to tonight's game. ASU actually carried play for nearly a period and a half. ASU was up 3-0. Our goalie whose name I can't pronounce gave up a bad rebound, and then another sort of softie, and a tip-in that no goalie would save. And then another that he'd want back. ASU stayed in the game until the bitter end, though.

I would strongly encourage locals in this group to get to an ASU game. The level is high, and play is very fast. Tickets are affordable, and most of the crowd is into it.
Brought my 8 year old son to a game last season. He had a blast. Will bring both boys to a game this season at some point.

Reactions: Tom Polakis

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
#13 ASU beats #9 Providence 4-3 in OT

Last half of the third was physical as hell. Refs allowed a lot of shit to happen.

This was the game winner.... Providence was on delayed penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGs Dog

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Very unusual incident in the ASU vs Alaska game last night. With 16 seconds in the game Ness (ASU) and Bruneski (Alaska) were assessed minor penalties and sent to their respective penalty boxes.

Then with 11 seconds remaining another scrum broke out on the ice. While the ref squad was dealing with this scrum, both Ness and Bruneski left their boxes before their penalties had expired and started a fight at center ice.

235 minutes worth of penalties issued in the 3rd period,

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Sadly, the Women's team must resort to GoFundMe to attend Nationals. I know it's not a DI program, but still, supporting student-athletes should exist regardless as the purpose of college athletics doesn't change based on the conference.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Very unusual incident in the ASU vs Alaska game last night. With 16 seconds in the game Ness (ASU) and Bruneski (Alaska) were assessed minor penalties and sent to their respective penalty boxes.

Then with 11 seconds remaining another scrum broke out on the ice. While the ref squad was dealing with this scrum, both Ness and Bruneski left their boxes before their penalties had expired and started a fight at center ice.

235 minutes worth of penalties issued in the 3rd period,

The kid who left the box was suspended for the rest of the season today by Head Coach Greg Powers and his status with the program is going to be reviewed.

• Wow
Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
c'mon...give the kid a break, that was a terrific fight.

Which accomplished nothing, and he's automatically suspended the next game along with two other Sun Devils.

Sadly, the Women's team must resort to GoFundMe to attend Nationals. I know it's not a DI program, but still, supporting student-athletes should exist regardless as the purpose of college athletics doesn't change based on the conference.

It would be nice if the Coyotes made a sizable donation. Nothing says "hockey is for everyone" like writing a big check.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Which accomplished nothing, and he's automatically suspended the next game along with two other Sun Devils.

It would be nice if the Coyotes made a sizable donation. Nothing says "hockey is for everyone" like writing a big check.
I understand the fight was against the rules, but man-o-man, was that a good one. You'd have to think he was doing it as a way to get noticed for a 'pro' contract to be a punch in the face guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad