Official Apple Thread (Apple iPhone Event) II

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Again, you don't add any value to any discussion other than to read negative news about a tech product you don't own and continue to stir the pot. It's really sad.
What would be the point, is there anything I could say to make you think a corporation *gasp* did something unethical for money? The "explanation" you posted I quoted and addressed the first time I posted the story. The news is not "catching up" or whatever it is you think is going on. The Apple defence was out right away. The reason it's news is that they got caught with the smoking gun and tried to explain it away. The difference is most people don't just blindly accept the explanation.

But yes, I hate apple and I'm out to get them.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
What would be the point, is there anything I could say to make you think a corporation *gasp* did something unethical for money? The "explanation" you posted I quoted and addressed the first time I posted the story. The news is not "catching up" or whatever it is you think is going on. The Apple defence was out right away. The reason it's news is that they got caught with the smoking gun and tried to explain it away. The difference is most people don't just blindly accept the explanation.

But yes, I hate apple and I'm out to get them.

You pretty much hate any big corp where you side with the competition. Nothing you post is honest or truthful other than fanboy dribble.

The reason it's news is #1 click bait headlines and #2...... blah blah blah Apple did something bad... we think... Nobody is blindly accepting it, there is room in the middle between blindly accepting and pitch forks out to kill. Of course why do you care... you have stated many times you don't own their products so I fail to see why you even come in to these threads.... oh yeah. Make sure everyone knows you're right!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I just came back to iPhone after years with Android, and this news really has no effect on my purchasing decisions in the future. It's more of a good news thing for Apple haters more than anything else. So Apple does this? Ok, well I'm still not going to go back to Android where it's a lagfest after only a few months and only getting updates at a glacial pace.

If Android didn't suck so badly, this news would mean more.
I can actually relate with that. I stuck with apple for years because android was just garbage after a few months out of the box, but my s7s been in pretty good shape after a few months even with snapchat and Facebook and other system hogging apps.

I still would have apple but it's just too restrictive. Good for security I guess but just not for me.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I just came back to iPhone after years with Android, and this news really has no effect on my purchasing decisions in the future. It's more of a good news thing for Apple haters more than anything else. So Apple does this? Ok, well I'm still not going to go back to Android where it's a lagfest after only a few months and only getting updates at a glacial pace.

If Android didn't suck so badly, this news would mean more.

Android phones have similar issues with their batteries and I'm not sure what their solution is or if they even have one. The S7 is notorious for poor battery performance after around 10 months. It's important to me that these two big players in the market keep each other honest. One offers a cheap battery replacement option, the other will follow. They are pushing each other with features and not caring about the longevity of the devices.

Toggle should be added to turn the battery saving features off, kinda of already have one with power save mode.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
And the rationalization begins. People's loyalty to a faceless corporation never ceases to amaze me.

With some of the excuses I've heard you'd think every brand of phone had problems shutting off at 30% charge.

That's if you even accept that's the reason they did it or even they first time they've done it.
I have an iPhone and I agree with this. Its like the fanboy wars of Sony vs Xbox vs Nintendo. I just don't get brand loyalty. I have my 8 Plus and sometimes I wish it ran Android. But I got sucked in and now have lots of Apple stuff. I don't really hate Apple. but there is no "ultimate" phone / smartwatch combo out there that is perfect for me.

Actually my favorite phones were the Windows Phones. I really miss those and wish those phones got the support from third party apps. But people are so wrapped up in Apple vs Android there is no room for someone to come along and make a good phone that works for everybody AND get the recognition.

I feel like the media slighted the Windows Phones too just because it was Microsoft and the trendy thing to do is to hate on Microsoft because they are HUGE. Windows Phones were the first with NFC, first with iris scanners, first with wireless charging. Media would say those features were neat but they lacked a good app store and base their entire review on how good the Windows app store was. Yeah, their app store was lacking but it did have all the major apps and apps that everyone wants. They just might be made by a different company / person. So the WP would get trashed for having a horrible app store even though their hardware was a lot of times ahead of everyone else. But then those same media outlets judge apple and android phones on how good their hardware is and will say phone X is amazing because it has a quad-core whatever-MHz chip and say that's the big selling point but the WP would have one better and they would say that didn't matter.

Then when Samsung or Apple added biometrics, NFC, wireless charging...etc. its some huge revolutionary thing that's so amazing! It's dumb and brand loyalty is sickening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad