Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
They are going to get a really good player... a guy who will immediately be the #2 prospect in the pool.

But have a feeling that BPA will be a winger tbh.
They will have the chance to get a really good player. We will see in a few years whether they do. And that isn't solely an indictment of their talent evaluation: good picks can have bad outcomes, as we have all witnessed.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It’s the Flyers. I fully expect them to draft our next 2 way 3rd line center or a large shutdown Dman who at best rises to the level of a 4/5 player.

Thankfully unless they reached on Boisvert I dont think there is a C in that range who fits that bill... tbh I think the only C likely in their range (and he wont be BPA) is Hage.

On D... yeh, Silayev has some risk in terms of top end. But he will be gone by then.
Jiricek worries me in some ways, but think ~12 is too high for him to be a serious contender.

Tbh #12 in this draft on paper? Not many guys who are likely to be picked who have a high level of "bust potential". They SHOULD get at least a 2nd liner winger or 2nd pairing Dman barring a very off the wall pick or some bad luck.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I mean:

Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom
Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson

I think are the 6 guys pretty much guaranteed to be gone by ~9-10.

Then if Iginla goes to Flames at pick #8-9?

That is 7 guys gone.

And:

Catton, Helenius
Buium, Parekh

Left with only 4 picks likely ahead of the Flyers.

Now, ofc the first 11 off the board could be the 11 listed here!

But:
Greentree, Eiserman, Brandsegg-Nygard
Yakemchuk

would be 4 guys who I think between them? 1 might be be taken ~8-11 alongside Iginla... and in turn one of likely Helenius, Buium or Parekh would be there. (I think Catton might fall but would be crazy if he fell past 10)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I mean:

That is 7 guys gone.

And:

Catton, Helenius
Buium, Parekh

But:
Yakemchuk

would be 4 guys who I think between them? 1 might be be taken ~8-11 alongside Iginla... and in turn one of likely Helenius, Buium or Parekh would be there. (I think Catton might fall but would be crazy if he fell past 10)

Watch Eiserman or Nygard fall to the Panther's pick. So get something like Parekh and Eiserman/Nygard in the first round sounds like a pretty damn good pull.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Watch Eiserman or Nygard fall to the Panther's pick. So get something like Parekh and Eiserman/Nygard in the first round sounds like a pretty damn good pull.

Aha. I think the odds of that are tiny. NHL scouts love Nygards game. Especially with the playoffs he is having. And Eiserman will probably fall a bit... but not past ~14-15 I guess.

Reactions: BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It’s the Flyers. I fully expect them to draft our next 2 way 3rd line center or a large shutdown Dman who at best rises to the level of a 4/5 player.
If last year's draft is any way a template, they will make a good pick at 12 and then use the Panthers' pick for a "fit" prospect.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If last year's draft is any way a template, they will make a good pick at 12 and then use the Panthers' pick for a "fit" prospect.

The first pick is always Brieres and the second pick is always Flahrs. I think we know what Humpty Dumptys pick will be. He likes em' big and meaty.

4WJYFGY5LJHOTCJ7TZCYGIESPY.jpg

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I mean:

That is 7 guys gone.

And:

Catton, Helenius
Buium, Parekh

But:
Yakemchuk

I don’t think Eiserman falls out of the top 10. For all his faults, the guy scores goals, a whole lot of goals. Unlike our coach, many GMs value that.

Kid gives me a bit of a Brett Hull vibe. Obviously not saying he’s gonna score 600+ goals in the NHL, but I think he’s gonna be a guy who routinely puts up 40+ in his prime and that’s a very valuable player.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I have him 8th on my list so yeah, probably. But I have him higher than most.
Yeah, if you told me before last draft that we would end up with Michkov and Eiserman I would have thought that’s about as well as things could go. It feels like the Flyers haven’t had a legit “goal scorer” in forever so I’d be content with Eiserman

Reactions: BiggE

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Catton would be a slam dunk if he’s there, but he almost definitely won’t be. Same with Buium.

Eiserman possibly (probably?) will be there, and it would be hard to pass that up. Players with that profile have very little risk of being less than a 30 goal scorer. But that’s really pushing the bounds of “best player available” vs “need” given the lack of high end center and D talent in the org.

Between Helenius, Parekh, Eiserman, and Iginla, I really have no clue who I’d prefer of the realistic options to be available at 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad